The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Just now, RedDenver said:

I gave you two other sources. Care to comment on NBC lying (or the weaker "misrepresenting voters" if you prefer)?

NBC shouldn't do that. 

On a scale of 1 to 1,000 right now, it's about a three. But to some people it's a huge deal because of who's involved. And those people need to realign their focus and when they continue not to, they're Walters. 

I know it's not likely, but isn't it possible someone could have supported either Biden/Trump in the past and moved at some point into the undecided category based on something that's happened since then?

Data says there aren't very many of these types of voter out there but they do exist. The actual swing voters.

Not to say NBC shouldn't be criticized over this, but at the end of the day, it's not really that big a deal IMO.

33 minutes ago, knapplc said:

NBC shouldn't do that. 

On a scale of 1 to 1,000 right now, it's about a three. But to some people it's a huge deal because of who's involved. And those people need to realign their focus and when they continue not to, they're Walters. 

Or those people can walk and chew gum by criticizing and critiquing both Trump AND the situation that allowed him to come to power, such as the eroded trust in the media, so that we don't have another Trump elected.

• Plus1 1
Just now, RedDenver said:

Or those people can walk and chew gum by criticizing and critiquing both Trump AND the situation that allowed him to come to power, such as the eroded trust in the media, so that we don't have another Trump elected.

And yet you trust a clearly biased Krystal Ball. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I know it's not likely, but isn't it possible someone could have supported either Biden/Trump in the past and moved at some point into the undecided category based on something that's happened since then?

Data says there aren't very many of these types of voter out there but they do exist. The actual swing voters.

That's possible but unlikely; it's not like NBC put these people on to ask questions by coincidence. Why would NBC choose these people when there are millions of other people that they could have chosen to ask the questions? Or if NBC does choose to put them on, then why not make it clear they were previously anti-Trump or Biden supporters?

16 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Not to say NBC shouldn't be criticized over this, but at the end of the day, it's not really that big a deal IMO.

If you're only focused on this election, then I can see why you'd think this. But what happens in 4 years when another authoritarian that isn't inept like Trump comes along and has examples like this to point out and again foment distrust in the media? That's why it's a big deal.

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

:facepalm:

Welp, I guess it doesn't matter if NBC lies to us since knapplc has declared Ball clearly biased. Just ignore any other sources though.

Solid logic there.

Remember the conniption Fox News had when Obama wore a tan suit? 

This is that. 

Just because your version of Fox News cares about this doesn't mean anyone else does. 

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Remember the conniption Fox News had when Obama wore a tan suit? 

This is that. 

Just because your version of Fox News cares about this doesn't mean anyone else does. 

I've addressed the ridiculousness of this post in the Woodshed.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Sure. This is perfectly legit criticism delivered in a sober, non-judgmental way by a non-biased reporter. 

Sure. 

It's perfectly  legit criticism delivered in a sober judgmental way by a biased reporter who does her homework and thinks Democrats need to remind their candidates and National Committees that they still need to do more than Not Be Trump. 

There are plenty of Andrew Cuomo's, Don Lemon's and Lincoln Project Republicans carrying the water. Krystal Ball has no obligation to be a witless cheerleader. As Red Denver says, we can walk and chew gum at the same time. Every progressive I know is voting for Joe Biden, and I know more Sanders supporters who are letter-writing and phone-banking for Joe than original Biden supporters. 

btw....The Hill is not Fox News for liberals.  That's now CNN's job, with an MSNBC assist. And while I'm kinda okay with that given the circumstances, it's a slippery slope. As Crystal points out. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Ben Shapiro makes some decent points at times, but he's no more worth discussing than Ms. Ball. 

If y'all want to keep carrying her water, have at it. I'm done with this tan suit story.

10 billion internet dollars says you are not done with this...

Make 20 billion internet dollars!  No way you can stop if @RedDenver replies again.  

You guys are like the Jack Tripper and Mr. Furley of this forum! 

• Fire 1