The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Ben Shapiro makes some decent points at times, but he's no more worth discussing than Ms. Ball. 

If y'all want to keep carrying her water, have at it. I'm done with this tan suit story.

Must totally be a tan suit story since public trust in media isn't being eroded...

Americans' Trust in Mass Media Edges Down to 41%

Gallup study: Media rank dead last in public trust

Gallup%20Media%20Coronavirus%20Trust.png

Just now, teachercd said:

10 billion internet dollars says you are not done with this...

Make 20 billion internet dollars!  No way you can stop if @RedDenver replies again.  

When I was in Junior High there were fights at or after school all the time. You'd have a couple of guys, sometimes the same guys, often just two random dudes, square off and either slap at each other or throw some actual punches. 

Inevitably this would draw a crowd. Some of us were just walking by, sometimes we were curious, sometimes it would be both parties' friends. 

But there would always be that guy who danced around the edge, egging it on, but oddly who was never in any of the fights. They just liked the chaos.

Nobody really likes that guy.

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

When I was in Junior High there were fights at or after school all the time. You'd have a couple of guys, sometimes the same guys, often just two random dudes, square off and either slap at each other or throw some actual punches. 

Inevitably this would draw a crowd. Some of us were just walking by, sometimes we were curious, sometimes it would be both parties' friends. 

But there would always be that guy who danced around the edge, egging it on, but oddly who was never in any of the fights. They just liked the chaos.

That's a great Junior High story, but we're talking about the adults in the room. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What junior high did you attend that had fights all the time?  In middle school I can remember 5 fights, tops.  High School, maybe 3 tops.  

Did you attend the middle school from the hit movie Dangerous Minds?

I also agree that nobody likes me.  This is a message board, I am totally fine with that.  

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yeah, I think Jack was hiding his heterosexuality because living with unmarried women was more frowned upon at that time.

Correct, Jack had to pretend he was gay for Mr. Roper and Mr. Firley because a straight man wouldn't have been allowed to live with 2 single women in the late 70s/early 80s.  Mr. Roper actually called Jack "Tinkerbell" throughout the series, as a gay "slur".

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Correct, Jack had to pretend he was gay for Mr. Roper and Mr. Firley because a straight man wouldn't have been allowed to live with 2 single women in the late 70s/early 80s.  Mr. Roper actually called Jack "Tinkerbell" throughout the series, as a gay "slur".

I want to drink at the Regal Beagle!  

image.png.b721d5525ef71061cca52a49fad6fe3d.png

• Plus1 1
Just now, teachercd said:

I want to drink at the Regal Beagle!  

image.png.b721d5525ef71061cca52a49fad6fe3d.png

Other than the fact that beagles are total spaz dogs, I think it would be cool to have a beagle as a dog, and name him "Regal".

Jack and Larry loved to go to the Regal Beagle to try to get it in.  It was also great that it was so close to their apartment.  Wasn't it considered downstairs on the main floor of the apartment building?

Just now, Guy Chamberlin said:

Society also frowned on witchcraft, but they weren't afraid to tackle the subject on "Bewitched." 

I preferred I Dream of Jeanie.  Larry Hagman was a genius!!

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1