The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 minute ago, QMany said:

After Biden wins, what happens to the MAGAts and the Republican party? 

God willing he sticks around and continues to ruin the GOP.

Perhaps the GOP starts to acknowledge real problems in our country, like Climate Change or racial inequality, giving voters an actual second option to tackle tough issues.

Most likely they emerge from the Koch Brothers secret lair ready to race-bait voters and spend the next few years crying about GovRnMenT SpeNdInG.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Most likely they emerge from the Koch Brothers secret lair ready to race-bait voters and spend the next few years crying about GovRnMenT SpeNdInG.

Oh, that fake austerity outrage has already begun. 

• Plus1 2
35 minutes ago, QMany said:

If the defeat is across the board and very deep - the party will need to come to grips with the new reality and become more moderate.  If not, then I hope the Lincoln Project and others combine efforts to form a new party. 

• Plus1 2

Also, what happens next to the Cult is my biggest concern.  If trump remains out of jail, then he will be inciting the alt right to respond.  He will be on OAN spouting conspiracy stuff and generally making it very difficult for Biden. 

Trump needs some quiet time behind bars and hopefully the evidence is so clear and damming that it awake the eyes of a few of the cult members. 

39 minutes ago, QMany said:

Seems like a certain senator from Nebraska is currently jockeying for position in the post MAGA Republican Party. If the small govt, fiscal branch of the party takes back over, Sasse would be a natural fit - but I'm guessing these lunatics turn to Don Jr and Tucker Carlson.

19 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

If anyone had taken my question What is Joe Biden good at? seriously, the answer is;  backroom deals.  He's no Ted Kennedy but after 50 years of the Washington two-step, Biden is competent at  'I'll scratch your back if' kind of politics.  A vote for JB is a YEA to machine politics.

Hey, I took the question seriously and answered with specifics way back Wednesday at 9:37 a.m.  You failed to respond.

Again, I can list any number of things I wish Biden did better, but there we are.

While we're here, What is Donald Trump good at? 

No vague platitudes. You can use his entire public career. But extra points for qualities that have helped him govern this great nation of ours. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, QMany said:

Honestly, I've put a lot of thought into this.  I can see it needing to take at least one more election cycle.  There are going to be a lot of people in this country who still believe this election was stolen from them by the media or election fraud..bla bla bla....  They are going to be angry and they aren't going to be able to be reasoned with.

They are going to gear up for 2022 to "stick it to those anti American liberals".  IF.....they can be beat again and they lose even more seats in congress.....I think then some of the leadership might start thinking about changing their messaging.  Or, maybe many of the old guard Republicans that supported Trump will be gone.  Maybe their media will realize what they are doing is actually hurting their cause.  IF that can happen, that's when I think we can start to see a change in the tone from that side.

They need to realize that putting their support behind someone like Trump hurts them long term.

I've heard MAGA heads proclaim (now that they realize he's probably going to lose), at this point I don't care if he loses this year because we got judges.  Well....let's see how that works out if they lose control in government long term.

• Fire 1

Has anyone checked out Evans' website 'A Starting Point?'

How Captain America is taking on Trump with only 19 days until the election

Captain America actor, vocal Trump critic and budding political insider Chris Evans has his full suit of armor on to fend off Twitter trolls who don’t agree with his political views before the election.

Evans also has the lights on at a relatively new website called A Starting Point, which aims to cut through the political chaos he thinks stems from the very top of government (the White House), which is preventing a needed new round of stimulus for Americans.

“No,” Evans told Yahoo Finance’s The First Trade when asked if he was surprised there is no stimulus plan. “To inject some of my personal opinions, we have someone in the White House who creates division. I’m not surprised that we can’t have commonality — and that’s what this site is hoping to rage against.”

The best way to describe A Starting Point is to imagine The Players’ Tribune (a first-person news site started by Derek Jeter) merged with Snapchat (short videos) and The Hill (all about politics). And subsequently, that one unified platform churned out short videos from politicians with no outside commentary.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

As @Moiraine mentioned a bit ago, here's the data from the overnights:

LINK

The ABC News “The Vice President and the People” live special edition of “20/20” with Democratic presidential nominee and former Vice President Biden ranked as the No. 1 program on Thursday across the board: Total Viewers (13.9 million), Adults 18-49 (3.0 rating) and Adults 25-54 (3.8 rating), based on Nielsen’s Live + Same Day Fast National ratings .  Leading in its 8:00 – 10:00 p.m. time-slot, it drew ABC’s largest Total Viewer audience in the 2-hour time period in over 10 years and strongest non-sports performance in Adults 25-54 (3.8 rtg.) in over 6 years – since 1/7/10 and 9/25/14, respectively.  The “20/20” special featured a 90-minute town hall followed by a 30 minute post-show.

“The Vice President and the People” stood as ABC’s most-watched primetime telecast in 8 months – since “The Oscars®” on 2/9/20.  

Head to head in the 8:00-9:00 p.m. hour, the “20/20” special outdelivered NBC News’ “Decision 2020: Trump Town Hall” by double digits in all key target demos: Total Viewers (+8% - 14.1 million vs. 13.1 million), Adults 18-49 (+38% - 2.9 rtg. vs. 2.1 rtg. ) and Adults 25-54 (+23% - 3.7 rtg.  vs. 3.0 rtg.). NOTE: NBC’s telecast was simulcast with ratings combined with MSNBC and CNBC.

From 8:00-9:30pm during the town hall portion, the “20/20” special saw its audience increase throughout the course of its telecast growing from its first half-hour to its third half-hour in Total Viewers (+23% - 13.3 million to 16.4 million), Adults 18-49 (+42% - 2.6 rtg. to 3.7 rtg.) and Adults 25-54 (+35% - 3.4 rtg. to 4.6 rtg.).

The “20/20” special town hall with former Vice President Biden outperformed ABC News’ special edition “20/20: the President and the People” town hall (9/15/20) with President Donald Trump by triple digits in Total Viewers (+248% - 13.9 million vs. 4.0 million), Adults 18-49 (+400% - 3.0 rtg.  vs. 0.6 rtg.) and Adults 25-54 (+280% - 3.8 rtg.  vs. 1.0 rtg.).

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

As @Moiraine mentioned a bit ago, here's the data from the overnights:

LINK

The ABC News “The Vice President and the People” live special edition of “20/20” with Democratic presidential nominee and former Vice President Biden ranked as the No. 1 program on Thursday across the board: Total Viewers (13.9 million), Adults 18-49 (3.0 rating) and Adults 25-54 (3.8 rating), based on Nielsen’s Live + Same Day Fast National ratings .  Leading in its 8:00 – 10:00 p.m. time-slot, it drew ABC’s largest Total Viewer audience in the 2-hour time period in over 10 years and strongest non-sports performance in Adults 25-54 (3.8 rtg.) in over 6 years – since 1/7/10 and 9/25/14, respectively.  The “20/20” special featured a 90-minute town hall followed by a 30 minute post-show.

“The Vice President and the People” stood as ABC’s most-watched primetime telecast in 8 months – since “The Oscars®” on 2/9/20.  

Head to head in the 8:00-9:00 p.m. hour, the “20/20” special outdelivered NBC News’ “Decision 2020: Trump Town Hall” by double digits in all key target demos: Total Viewers (+8% - 14.1 million vs. 13.1 million), Adults 18-49 (+38% - 2.9 rtg. vs. 2.1 rtg. ) and Adults 25-54 (+23% - 3.7 rtg.  vs. 3.0 rtg.). NOTE: NBC’s telecast was simulcast with ratings combined with MSNBC and CNBC.

From 8:00-9:30pm during the town hall portion, the “20/20” special saw its audience increase throughout the course of its telecast growing from its first half-hour to its third half-hour in Total Viewers (+23% - 13.3 million to 16.4 million), Adults 18-49 (+42% - 2.6 rtg. to 3.7 rtg.) and Adults 25-54 (+35% - 3.4 rtg. to 4.6 rtg.).

The “20/20” special town hall with former Vice President Biden outperformed ABC News’ special edition “20/20: the President and the People” town hall (9/15/20) with President Donald Trump by triple digits in Total Viewers (+248% - 13.9 million vs. 4.0 million), Adults 18-49 (+400% - 3.0 rtg.  vs. 0.6 rtg.) and Adults 25-54 (+280% - 3.8 rtg.  vs. 1.0 rtg.).

Oh....this has to cause a twitter storm like the world has never seen.

PS...I still don't know how they tell how many viewers are watching.