The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

16 hours ago, teachercd said:

Did anyone else know that Ice Cube is a fan of Trump?  He is getting killed for it over twitter but I had no clue he was a anti-Biden.

And does anyone else get him confused with Ice-T?  I really respect the latter but no nothing about his politics.

15 hours ago, teachercd said:

Trump reelected now -210!

It was -190 the other day.

I'll take the other side of that bet because I assume you mean Trump +210, meaning Trump is a 2:1 underdog.

fwiw Bovada has Trump at 43%.

EDIT: I hadn't seen the last page of posts.  2:1 is where I would start betting if I could find a legal avenue. 

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Drove to Estes Park for a long weekend. Amazed by the, literally, hundreds of Trump flags and signs which were almost unilateral until we got into Estes proper, then saw mostly Biden signage.

Colorado is not really in play as far as I know. You've been fully Californicated.

Here in Phoenix AZ I have seen exactly 1 Biden yard sign in an tidal pool of MAGA symbols.  Granted I don't drive through the blue neighborhoods very often, but I'm still not feeling the @ 3 to 10 % supposed D advantage. 

• Plus1 2

18 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Ya, I don't think this was really the problem with the polls in 2016. 15% of voters in battleground states were undecided 2 weeks ahead of the election. I don't know if there's any real evidence they were secret Trump supporters. I think they didn't know yet. That # of undecideds right now is 5%. On election day in 2016 with the latest polls, there were 10.3% still undecided.

Additionally, Clinton's peak % in battleground aggregate polls was 46.6%. Biden's low so far is 46.7%. So Biden's worst day of aggregate polls is in battleground states is better than Clinton's best day. Right now he's at 49.2%. There just aren't many votes for Trump to pick up unless something terrible happens to Biden.

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, commando said:

i would put up a biden sign but i am afraid an enraged trumper would drive by and shoot up the house....and my wife runs an in home daycare so i don't want to endanger the kids.  

Yep, there's no way I'm putting a Biden sign up in my yard.  I already get one hell of a lot of crap from friends who know me well enough to know who I'm voting for.  I don't need some random idiot vandalizing my house.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep, there's no way I'm putting a Biden sign up in my yard.  I already get one hell of a lot of crap from friends who know me well enough to know who I'm voting for.  I don't need some random idiot vandalizing my house.

1 hour ago, commando said:

i would put up a biden sign but i am afraid an enraged trumper would drive by and shoot up the house....and my wife runs an in home daycare so i don't want to endanger the kids.  

And I don't want to sound like a prude, but what is with the "Trump 2020/No More Bulls*!t" signs. I curse, but don't do it in front of my kids. My oldest is 10. She can read that sign, neighbor. You are a retired late 70ish couple with a Mother Mary statue in your front yard too. What are you doing?

• Plus1 6

While we are on the subject, what is up with MAGA people taking the American flag and redesigning it?  I know of a number of places that aren't flying the actual American flag right now, it's some version of a blue line through it or other modification.

I thought these people were all about respecting the flag.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

And I don't want to sound like a prude, but what is with the "Trump 2020/No More Bulls*!t" signs. I curse, but don't do it in front of my kids. My oldest is 10. She can read that sign, neighbor. You are a retired late 70ish couple with a Mother Mary statue in your front yard too. What are you doing?

There is a house here in town with one of those "no more bulls#!t" flags. The house is right across the street from an elementary school :facepalm:

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

While we are on the subject, what is up with MAGA people taking the American flag and redesigning it?  I know of a number of places that aren't flying the actual American flag right now, it's some version of a blue line through it or other modification.

I thought these people were all about respecting the flag.

That is the "Blue Lives Matter" flag, ostensibly supporting the Police (the "thin blue line" thing) but also it's intended by some as a finger to Black Lives Matter. 

And yes, for people who would probably like to see flag burning as a criminal offense, they do tend to do weird things with the flag against the Flag Code. 

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That is the "Blue Lives Matter" flag, ostensibly supporting the Police (the "thin blue line" thing) but also it's intended by some as a finger to Black Lives Matter. 

And yes, for people who would probably like to see flag burning as a criminal offense, they do tend to do weird things with the flag against the Flag Code. 

I figured that was what it was.  But, like you said, for people who proclaim to love the flag and defend it to their death....they sure are willing to do some things to it that leave me scratching my head.

FYI...this isn't the only modification I've seen.