The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

9 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I agree, and it is easy to stay now 47 months later. But, at that time, it was not so easy to see.

I think it was easy to see at the time.

Some of us saw Trump for exactly what he was immediately.

Of course it boiled down to a binary choice where many people so despised Hillary Clinton that he became palatable to them anyway.

What I learned from 2016 is that my own personal moral line (and inability to think Trump ever even once gave a s#!t about people like me) is far afield from much of America's.

• Plus1 5
31 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I agree, and it is easy to stay now 47 months later. But, at that time, it was not so easy to see.

You don't really believe this, do you?

Because if you didn't know who or what trump was before 2016, that is entirely your fault.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/cover_story/2016/07/donald_trump_is_unfit_to_be_president_here_are_141_reasons_why.html

• Plus1 3
53 minutes ago, commando said:

did someone say....COCAINE

Biden made a gaff here. He was obviously meaning to say "the portion about marijuana" but instead said cocaine. He was talking about no prison time for low level drug offenses. 

But, Trump's eyes in response is hilarious. 

12 hours ago, knapplc said:

The pre- and post-debate favorability ratings for Biden and trump are pretty interesting. 

It's no wonder trump bailed on the second debate. Every time he gets in front of a national audience, his numbers go down.

msyueRU.png

From this poll

you are really leaning into a debate that's less than 24 hours old.  It might take a while for people to digest all of the bad ideas Biden plans to shove down our throats like blanket amnesty, more useless windmills, ban on fracking.  That being said the people Trump needed were not watching at all.  IT his fault for not doing this on the first debate when they were. 

4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

As goes Arizona, so goes the election - at least if Biden wins Arizona.  Trump needs Arizona to win.  Perhaps he should have been a bit friendlier with John McCain. 

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/10/arizona-is-ready-to-toss-donald-trump-and-the-rest-of-gop.html

IF AZ tilts blue it's because of immigrants from California and other blue states. Somehow people cannot make the connection that they voted in the things that drove them out.

CensusProjectionsfor2020CongressionalRea

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Biden made a gaff here. He was obviously meaning to say "the portion about marijuana" but instead said cocaine. He was talking about no prison time for low level drug offenses. 

But, Trump's eyes in response is hilarious. 

Oh my god, that video is awesome!  HAHAHAHA

• Plus1 1
On 10/22/2020 at 6:43 AM, knapplc said:

By a Notre Dame fan who only posts partisan trump lies on a Husker Message board? I'm sure this is totally legit.

And in fact, it is exactly the kind of quality discourse some posters crave and defend. 

What a time to be alive.

Crave? No.

Defend? Yes.

You really need to let this go. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

That being said the people Trump needed were not watching at all.  IT his fault for not doing this on the first debate when they were. 

Trump does want to win, as it's his best strategy for avoiding prison. So for the moment he listened to advisors who begged him not to be himself. 

Speculation is that he also found a less manic dosage of Adderall. 

Cheap shot? I wouldn't bet against it. 

Your guy is still a terrible President and an awful human being. 

• Plus1 2