The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Trump does want to win, as it's his best strategy for avoiding prison. So for the moment he listened to advisors who begged him not to be himself. 

Speculation is that he also found a less manic dosage of Adderall. 

Cheap shot? I wouldn't bet against it. 

Your guy is still a terrible President and an awful human being. 

Peace, Prosperity, and Reform.  What are three things Biden has never accomplished Alex?

• Fire 2

5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Peace, Prosperity, and Reform.  What are three things Biden has never accomplished Alex?

The reason 77 year old Joe Biden won the nomination is because people associate him with the Peace, Prosperity, and Reform of the two Obama/Biden terms. This notion that life is better for Americans under Trump defies truckloads of evidence. In fairness, the increasing disparities in this country have a forty year history of GOP policies and Democrat enabling. 

Anyway, pretty sure you're not interested or you would have done the :10 Google search yourself, but here's the first thing I grabbed:

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-achieved-40-years-politics-1541278

• Plus1 2

21 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The reason 77 year old Joe Biden won the nomination is because people associate him with the Peace, Prosperity, and Reform of the two Obama/Biden terms. This notion that life is better for Americans under Trump defies truckloads of evidence. In fairness, the increasing disparities in this country have a forty year history of GOP policies and Democrat enabling. 

Anyway, pretty sure you're not interested or you would have done the :10 Google search yourself, but here's the first thing I grabbed:

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-achieved-40-years-politics-1541278

Biden won because everyone else colluded against Bernie Sanders.  Everyone else colluded against Bernie Sanders because the latter was a heavy underdog to get elected. You didn't want Biden you settled on him. 

21 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

We've really got to work on your "zingers"

TnLRYP7ppyk7_640x360.jpg

14 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Biden won because everyone else colluded against Bernie Sanders.  Everyone else colluded against Bernie Sanders because the latter was a heavy underdog to get elected. You didn't want Biden you settled on him. 

Bernie, Biden... didn't much matter to most of us.

I bet he loses Texas.  Texas has been overrun with Californians who all can't stand high taxes and ridiculous housing prices...

Of course, they are moving to Texas and they are going to do their best to turn it into another California...so I suppose in 20 years they will move to a new state.  

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I bet he loses Texas.  Texas has been overrun with Californians who all can't stand high taxes and ridiculous housing prices...

Of course, they are moving to Texas and they are going to do their best to turn it into another California...so I suppose in 20 years they will move to a new state.  

It's housing prices, not taxes, that are driving people out. The major population centers of LA & The Bay are valleys nestled within mountains. Space is at a premium and modest homes are out of the buying range of a lot of people. This is why we moved back to Nebraska. Even though we owned a home (condo) it was FAR more expensive than our house in Nebraska, and far smaller.

They aren't moving to Texas to make it another California in the sense that you're implying vis a vis taxes, they're moving because Texas has something California doesn't - space, and with that, cheaper housing.

Of course, there's also Conservative flight, where Conservatives move to live in more Conservative states. That's a significant portion of folks leaving the state.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's housing prices, not taxes, that are driving people out. The major population centers of LA & The Bay are valleys nestled within mountains. Space is at a premium and modest homes are out of the buying range of a lot of people. This is why we moved back to Nebraska. Even though we owned a home (condo) it was FAR more expensive than our house in Nebraska, and far smaller.

They aren't moving to Texas to make it another California in the sense that you're implying vis a vis taxes, they're moving because Texas has something California doesn't - space, and with that, cheaper housing.

Of course, there's also Conservative flight, where Conservatives move to live in more Conservative states. That's a significant portion of folks leaving the state.

The price of houses in Texas compared to Cali is simply amazing.  

Did you get slammed with HOA fees in Cali or are those about the same all over?