The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

8 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

I would love to hear more and more about "this brand of racism and corruption"  do you know that our entire government is corrupt and spends billions of dollars that are not necessary.  Let's get the deficit back to zero - not increase spending so that the pockets continue to get lined.

Ah a Jo Jorgensen voter. Welcome. 

21 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Ladies, we're getting you're husbands back to work - we know you want the house to yourself all day so you can do your cooking and cleaning. 

Where is The Bev, Wally, Mr and Mrs Cleaver and of course Eddie when you need them??

19 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

I would love to hear more and more about "this brand of racism and corruption"  do you know that our entire government is corrupt and spends billions of dollars that are not necessary.  Let's get the deficit back to zero - not increase spending so that the pockets continue to get lined.

So not voting for Trump then:

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, GBRFAN said:

Guess who was president the last time we had a budget surplus.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

9 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Someone mentioned that this is the exact opposite argument that he made as a lawyer for Bush in the FL recount case in 2000.

Looked it up: Yep. They argued late-arriving ballots must be counted because they thought they'd favor Bush.

Don't mistake these people for principled jurists. They're party hacks through and through and we should be honest about that.

You mean as a lawyer he was advocating for his client?  

So no judge can ever take a position against what he took as a lawyer?

9 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I read that one of the problems was they weren't weighting education enough and it was a big factor in how people voted last time, so they are weighting it differently this time around. And like others have said the % undecided is way different this time. The other thing is the polls days before the election were not that far off, and well within the margin of error. The ones saying Clinton was ahead nationally turned out to be correct. It was the predictions on battlegrounds which weren't correct but they were within the margin of error. In battlegrounds Clinton was up 1.1 on election day, but an election day poll would be based off of data from previous days, and it was 45.4 to 44.3. That's 10.3% undecided. That's a lot of undecided voters.

Right now Biden is up 3.9% in battlegrounds with 5.1% undecided.
At 7 days until election, Clinton was up 2.8% in battlegrounds with 11.0% undecided.

10 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Just curious where you some of you think this election is leaning? Do we believe the polls this time around?

Everyone knew or suspected that Obama's turnout model didn't apply to Hilary but not really by how much.  This time they have data and Biden is not as much of a buzz kill as she was. 

The bookies put Biden as a huge favorite and they don't want to get burnt again, so I guess they are right.