The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

A guy at work is convinced Biden is just a Trojan horse to get Harris into the presidency. He thinks shortly after he takes office they will have him declared mentally unfit....and he thinks Joe is down with that plan.  I won’t even go into all the other wild BS he thinks is real, confiscating guns etc. He actually thinks Biden/Harris is more dangerous for the country than Trump. And we wonder how there can be Q believers...

What a f#ckin world... How the hell did we get to this point? :facepalm:

*BTW, that last question was rhetorical. Please don’t provide answers. I understand how we got here*

Ignoring the "Joe gets shot" comment... why the hell would anyone believe she is progressive? It wouldn't make much of a difference if she took over.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Ignoring the "Joe gets shot" comment... why the hell would anyone believe she is progressive? It wouldn't make much of a difference if she took over.

Well, it is widely accepted that she is much further left than Joe. Not sure if it’s true but supposedly she is ranked as the most liberal something or other. That’s all a good conspiracy theory needs....a starting point.

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Well, it is widely accepted that she is much further left than Joe. Not sure if it’s true but supposedly she is ranked as the most liberal something or other. That’s all a good conspiracy theory needs....a starting point.

I just read up a bit more about it and she was deemed farthest left but one of the factors is whether the bills the Senator supports are bi partisan, and I have to wonder if a Senator with 3.5 years of experience just by default of being new would have worked less with the other party. I imagine the newest ones would mostly just go along with their party.

She does want to legalize marijuana, whereas Joe doesn't. I honestly think the Republicans would be genius to push that forward and take the credit for it when it actually does happen. They can say it's a pro American farmer move. Move more production to Republican states and out of the evil lib territories.

• Plus1 2

I just want this fiasco over now. Dropped off my ballot today. I’ve pretty much been a life long republican but I voted a straight dem ticket fr the first time ever. Had more than enough of this sh#t. I hope they lose control of the WH and senate and that it completely destroys this dysfunctional Republican Party.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I just read up a bit more about it and she was deemed farthest left but one of the factors is whether the bills the Senator supports are bi partisan, and I have to wonder if a Senator with 3.5 years of experience just by default of being new would have worked less with the other party. I imagine the newest ones would mostly just go along with their party.

Good point. And considering how things have been in Washington for the last 12 or so years, voting strictly along party lines would seem to be pretty typical.

21 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I just want this fiasco over now. Dropped off my ballot today. I’ve pretty much been a life long republican but I voted a straight dem ticket fr the first time ever. Had more than enough of this sh#t. I hope they lose control of the WH and senate and that it completely destroys this dysfunctional Republican Party.

Amen.

From your fingers to God's eyeballs.

• Plus1 2
28 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I just want this fiasco over now.

I should run in 2024. My platform will be:

You have ten days to campaign for any office. The rest of the time you shut up and do your job. Your work speaks for itself.

Abolish Daylight Savings Time. 

A chicken in every pot. 

36 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Also I hope these older folks are OK. This is really emblematic about how little he cares about his own supporters.

That entire thread from Omaha Scanner is peak Trump. Thousands show up to praise him and he leaves them with no plan to help any of them as they sit in the cold experiencing medical issues that could have been avoided with just a little planning and effort.

• Plus1 5
4 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Clinton. Obama lowered the deficit in his presidency. The last republican to have a balanced budget was Dwight Eisenhower and he would be considered a progressive in todays polictics. Republicans love duping people into thinking they care about the deficit especially if its something that helps normal people...like the stimulus. Gotta get the ole deficit talk going for the next dem president like they always do. But we all know republicans dont vote because they dont like govt. spending...

IT was actually Nixon.  Clinton had a projected surplus in the budget that never panned out.