The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

20 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

So this so called world wide pandemic is who's fault?  you must be part of a media outlet....

Look back to the day before this all started and then look at your statement above and then laugh at yourself.

Would you like to look back at the facts and then look at your post above and then laugh at yourself? I know I already have.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RedDenver said:

TG got the gist of it. But the point is that Trump is a sh!tty businessman.

Sh!tty or just devilish -   planned out sh!ttiness to screw others and to profit himself.  He has a history  of putting  the screws to just about everyone from the smallest contractor to the largest of banks. 

Anonymous goes public

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/28/politics/anonymous-new-york-times-oped-writer/index.html

The anonymous senior Trump administration official who wrote a 2018 New York Times op-ed and a subsequent book critical of President Donald Trump is Miles Taylor, he revealed in a statement to CNN on Wednesday.

Taylor, who was chief of staff to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, wrote a lengthy statement explaining why he penned the 2018 op-ed declaring he was part of the "resistance" inside the Trump administration working to thwart Trump's worst inclinations. Taylor said that he wanted to force Trump to respond to the charges he was leveling without the ability to attack the messenger specifically. Trump called the op-ed treasonous.
Much has been made of the fact that these writings were published anonymously. The decision wasn't easy, I wrestled with it, and I understand why some people consider it questionable to levy such serious charges against a sitting President under the cover of anonymity. But my reasoning was straightforward, and I stand by it," Taylor wrote.
"Issuing my critiques without attribution forced the President to answer them directly on their merits or not at all, rather than creating distractions through petty insults and name-calling," Taylor added. "I wanted the attention to be on the arguments themselves."

Taylor joined CNN as a contributor in September 2020.
He had previously denied that he was "Anonymous." Asked in August by CNN's Anderson Cooper if he had written the op-ed and book, Taylor said, "I wear a mask for two things, Anderson: Halloweens and pandemics. So no."
Taylor's statement answers one of the biggest mysteries of Trump's presidency. Trump responded furiously to the op-ed when it was written in 2018, and urged then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions to investigate the matter. There was an internal hunt at the White House to uncover the identity of the author, and it spawned months of parlor games in Washington guessing at who was behind the op-ed through the speech patterns and phrases used.

A year later, Taylor released the anonymously authored book titled, "A Warning," which included new details critical of the President from inside the Trump administration. He wrote that members of Trump's team considered sabotaging him to prompt Trump to resign, and that many administration officials kept their own letters of resignation in their desks or on their laptops.

Since leaving the Trump administration in 2019, Taylor endorsed Democrat Joe Biden in August and co-founded a Republican group that is opposed to Trump.

"I am a Republican, and I wanted this president to succeed," Taylor said in his statement Wednesday. "But too often in times of crisis, Donald Trump has proven he is a man without character, and his personal defects have resulted in leadership failures so significant that they can be measured in lost American lives."

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

He's one of the people referenced in the tweet I posted a couple above this post.

He was supposed to be some high-up official but he isn't. And the NY Times Op Ed board is taking some heat for giving him a bigger platform than probably his title deserved.