The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

10 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

My point is that @knapplc is calling Nicklaus a bad person because he is voting for Trump. knapp, you and I may not agree with his personal decision on his candidate. That is our right. But he can support whoever he wants. To talk bad about the candidate he chose is fine and dandy by me, and I agree. But to denigrate the man making the choice, due only to his choice, is not okay. 

There will be between 150 million and 240 million people that vote for President by next Tuesday. Trump will likely receive somewhere between 30%-50% of those votes. Those 45 to 120 million people are not evil bad people, even if their candidate is. 

Disagree. trump is a known commodity. You vote for him now, you're a bad person. Full stop.

If you're too ignorant of what trump has done then you shouldn't vote for him, or you should not vote at all. Both are viable choices.

An uninformed voter is a bad voter. And if they elect bad people, they earn the burden of the bad things that person does. 

Excuses can be made for people in 2016 (minimal, but to be charitable). No such excuses exist today. 

Zero sympathy for the judgment the people who vote for trump receive from society. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Disagree. trump is a known commodity. You vote for him now, you're a bad person. Full stop.

Disagree on foundation. You have absolutely no idea if they are bad people, other than their vote or support of a political candidate who you have deemed to be distasteful or inferior to your values. 

Hopefully after Tuesday we won't have to worry about it any more. 

2 hours ago, Ulty said:

LOL. It appears your asinine posts were somehow lost while being shipped to Tucker. Fortunately, several alert Huskerboarders had already quoted you.

Not a big concern who has quoted me - just not the way for this world to go and its time to move on...

20 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Disagree on foundation. You have absolutely no idea if they are bad people, other than their vote or support of a political candidate who you have deemed to be distasteful or inferior to your values

At this point, he should be inferior to everyone's values. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Disagree on foundation. You have absolutely no idea if they are bad people, other than their vote or support of a political candidate who you have deemed to be distasteful or inferior to your values. 

What you are describing is how things SHOULD be if we were having a more normal election with a normal D and a normal R.

What we have is a normal D and a president who employs race-baiting and racial strife as a campaign tactic, spreads conspiracy theories as a matter of building support, accuses people who disagree with him of being un-American and unworthy of the same federal resources as his supporters and looks the other way on, if not actively encouraging, violence against those who cut against him.

Supporting all of that with your vote is wrong. And it's wrong enough that it reflects poorly upon my perception of those who do it.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1

The friend or foe comment is disturbing. The crowd chanting "WE LOVE YOU, WE LOVE YOU" is quite disturbing. The politician worshipping is insane by ALL sides, but the Trump supporters really take it to a new level. These people shouldn't be worshipped, they work for us. I'm voting Biden, I like a lot of Biden's qualities - but I'm not going to go to an event and grovel at his feet, especially during a pandemic. I'm glad Biden doesn't encourage it either. I will vote for Biden, and I will hold him accountable to do what's best for Americans - end of story. The rallies, the twitter rants, the boat parades - there just isn't a place for it. 

• Plus1 6
8 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

A lifetime of charitable work. Literally. If he wasn't supporting Trump, you would give him accolades.

Pretend it was HRC that got elected in 2016. Same headline and tweet. You probably would have re-posted it yourself as a shining beacon how celebrities can do good works.

Because he votes for the candidate you despise, does not change the good that he has done.  

Celebrity and sports star endorsements for politicians are almost as useful as what I left in the toilet this morning. I’ve never understood why anyone puts any credence in them at all.

• Plus1 4
5 hours ago, Moiraine said:

5 days until the election:

Biden is up 3.6 points in battlegrounds with 5.2% undecided.

Clinton was up 1.6 points in battlegrounds with 10.3% undecided.

What is it state by state? That will tell us more than just a raw average of all battleground states. If Biden wins PA, WI and MI its over. Even if Trump wins FL, OH and AZ

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

Not a big concern who has quoted me - just not the way for this world to go and its time to move on...

This really is the only tactic left when you can’t support your views with stuff that has actually happened. All you’re left with is spewing false information and when that gets too cumbersome to deal with.....just delete it. Reminds me of how the current administration presents their “facts”.  It must be contagious as all, yes all, Trump supporters employ it. They have their “feelings” that don’t jibe with reality so instead of changing their feelings they create a fake reality.

• Plus1 4