The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

9 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

When Trump supporters talk about polling being fake news bc of the “silent majority” they may be right. But not the way they want it to be lol. People f#&%ing hate this guy and he is bringing people out that dont vote just to vote against him. 

In case I wasn't the only one wondering...

There are estimated to be 2.1 million more people in Texas now than there were in 2016. 

32.7% of the population voted in 2016. So far 30.5% of the population has already voted in 2020.

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

Fingers crossed...

But I also have a fear that there are a lot of young white men that previously had no intentions of participating in elections until Trump came along.  I'm hopeful, most of these "new voters" are against Trump.  But I fear that there is a scary movement of people that now feel like they have someone that speaks for them. 

My brother is 50, he's only voted in two elections: 2016 and 2020.  He is a proud Trump supporter.

More than any other generation in modern history, young voters lean left. *If* the increase is due to an increase in young voters, it's against Trump.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

To your point...

All I know is if Texas goes blue........holy cow that signifies a huge shift. That literally could be the nail in the coffin for the Republican Party. As a former Republican I’d love to see it. Not because I’m fond of the dems but I’ve really grown to detest the R’s.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

So this is what my site has as of right now.

D Trump elected President
+140

D Trump not elected President

Tuesday Nov 03 - 2020 Presidential Election - Electoral College
10:00p CT
Donald Trump to be the Electoral College vote winner in Arizona for 2020 Presidential Election

D Trump wins Arizona

D Trump wont win Arizona

Donald Trump to be the Electoral College vote winner in Florida for 2020 Presidential Election

D Trump wins Florida

D Trump wont win Florida

+120

D Trump wins Georgia

D Trump wont win Georgia
+120

D Trump wins Iowa

D Trump wont win Iowa

+127

D Trump wins Michigan

+230

D Trump wont win Michigan

D Trump wins Minnesota
+240

D Trump wont win Minnesota

D Trump wins N Carolina

D Trump wont win N Carolina

D Trump wins Ohio

D Trump wont win Ohio

+200

D Trump wins Pennsylvania

+148

D Trump wont win Pennsylvania

D Trump wins Texas

D Trump wont win Texas

+270

D Trump wins Wisconsin

+213

D Trump wont win Wisconsin

D Trump wins Nevada
+230

D Trump wont win Nevada

D Trump wins New Hampshire

+270

D Trump wont win New Hampshire

Just tried to vote in Omaha and there were 300 people ahead of me and we were told it was a 2.5-3.5 hour wait. Then the power went out in the front part of the building so they couldn't print off ballots and OPPD was on the way, but they didn't have an ETA so I left. They told us if we get in line by 5 we can vote. (It is supposed to close at 5pm). I believe tomorrow is the last day to vote early.

One thing I noticed is there were a lot of young people and a lot of minorities and I have to wonder if some voted early because it's faster. For me it's probably slower but I wanted to get it over with. I'm guessing if I wait until Tuesday there'll be about 30 people in front of me.

Below was in 2012 when they made changes.

https://thereader.com/news/polling-place-changes-hit-older-omaha-harder

chart.png

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Just tried to vote in Omaha and there were 300 people ahead of me and we were told it was a 2.5-3.5 hour wait. Then the power went out in the front part of the building so they couldn't print off ballots and OPPD was on the way, but they didn't have an ETA so I left. They told us if we get in line by 5 we can vote. (It is supposed to close at 5pm). I believe tomorrow is the last day to vote early.

One thing I noticed is there were a lot of young people and a lot of minorities and I have to wonder if some voted early because it's faster. For me it's probably slower but I wanted to get it over with. I'm guessing if I wait until Tuesday there'll be about 30 people in front of me.

Below was in 2012 when they made changes.

https://thereader.com/news/polling-place-changes-hit-older-omaha-harder

chart.png

:facepalm:  My goodness. We need to just switch it over to how we do it in Colorado

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

Fingers crossed...

But I also have a fear that there are a lot of young white men that previously had no intentions of participating in elections until Trump came along.  I'm hopeful, most of these "new voters" are against Trump.  But I fear that there is a scary movement of people that now feel like they have someone that speaks for them. 

My brother is 50, he's only voted in two elections: 2016 and 2020.  He is a proud Trump supporter.

Trump supporters will come out on election day bc he is crying about mail in voting. Id say at least 70% of the early votes are Biden votes

The power went out at a polling place?

Just like it did last week at other polling places? 

Where the technology being used is a pencil? 

How often does the power go out in selective buildings on any given day? 

If this election goes to the Supreme Court, which will be asked to ignore the many, many irregularities that favor Donald Trump, the American experiment is over. 

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The power went out at a polling place?

Just like it did last week at other polling places? 

Where the technology being used is a pencil? 

How often does the power go out in selective buildings on any given day? 

If this election goes to the Supreme Court, which will be asked to ignore the many, many irregularities that favor Donald Trump, the American experiment is over. 

Of course we cannot have democracy without electricity.  We cannot even buy an apple at a grocery store (with cash) when the computer system is down. 

• Plus1 1