The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Nate Silver says in this video he thinks if Biden wins there is a 60% chance we will know by 3am on Wednesday.

He also says there is a 4% chance the outcome will hinge on a recount. Meaning there is a very small chance this ends up in the Supreme Court.

I still worry how much bulls#!t Trump and the GOP will be able to get through the courts on made up cheating claims.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/videos/what-are-the-chances-well-know-the-next-president-on-election-night/

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The power went out at a polling place?

Just like it did last week at other polling places? 

Where the technology being used is a pencil? 

How often does the power go out in selective buildings on any given day? 

If this election goes to the Supreme Court, which will be asked to ignore the many, many irregularities that favor Donald Trump, the American experiment is over. 

It looks suspicious but I don't think it was nefarious. OPPD said a squirrel caused it. This happened at 3:30pm and the polls were scheduled to close at 5pm. They told us anyone who arrives by 5pm can vote. They also gave papers to people who needed to leave so they could bring them on Saturday to use to get to the front of the line. Lastly, they extended the planned end of early voting on Saturday at the location from 1pm to 5pm.

38 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

It looks suspicious but I don't think it was nefarious. OPPD said a squirrel caused it. This happened at 3:30pm and the polls were scheduled to close at 5pm. They told us anyone who arrives by 5pm can vote. They also gave papers to people who needed to leave so they could bring them on Saturday to use to get to the front of the line. Lastly, they extended the planned end of early voting on Saturday at the location from 1pm to 5pm.

Whatever. I'm sticking with my Deep Squirrel Conspiracy. 

2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Of course we cannot have democracy without electricity.  We cannot even buy an apple at a grocery store (with cash) when the computer system is down. 

That's why Stephen Miller's Squirrel Boi Army has been trained to attack these electrical systems.

Wake up, NDJ. 

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Were you able to vote today?

16 hours ago, SECHusker said:

My brother told me this was the "real story" behind the debacle, but when I asked him where he heard about it, we realized there wasn't a legitimate source. The World Herald would have had no trouble running that story if there was any truth to it, so I'm thinking this was a rumor with no legs.

Anyone else have a piece of back-up for this tweet? 

lol....just got a call from the young republicans.   the gal sounded as nice as could be when asking for donations and to place trump yard signs in my yard.  i told her as cordially as possible i wouldn't be doing that since i was voting for biden.    whoa...did her sweetness change in a hurry.   " well....i will add you to the no call list then!" and she hung up on me.   :)

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Funny backstory behind this.

Where we're at with Trump supporters, 2020:

The "Hunter Biden's Laptop" rallying cry, was heard 'round the world. It has undoubtedly convinced tens, if not hundreds of Trump supports to hit the polls next week. 

But seriously, what a stupid f#&%ing sign haha. 

• Plus1 1