The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

I've seen this type of response over and over on Twitter lately. It's like they don't know there is anything about voting in the constitution. It's scary how many people think this way. Yes we are a representative republic, but all of the people saying it have been trying to make it sound like democracy is not part of our government. The original post said nothing about direct democracy, he's talking about voting.

This is far from the worst post I've seen, but it's a pattern I've noticed the last 3 ways. It is another way the Trump supporters will decide they are okay with a dictatorship if that ends up happening.

1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You are remarkably confident that the Ds won't do what they say they will do.  That's actually worse than blindly believing everything a politician says.   I have full confidence that the Ds

will pack the SCOTUS if they can

add 2 or more states to the flag if they can (get the senate)

burden gun rights to the point they no longer exist

allow Silicon Valley to censor the people to the point it's easier just to love big brother

I could take you seriously on #1. Although I personally would be happy if they un-poisoned that well.

#2 seems... like a good thing? Americans should have representation. The only reason R's don't like it is it hurts them politically.

#3 and #4 legitimately elicited a good, hearty belly laugh. :lol:

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You are remarkably confident that the Ds won't do what they say they will do.  That's actually worse than blindly believing everything a politician says.   I have full confidence that the Ds

will pack the SCOTUS if they can

add 2 or more states to the flag if they can (get the senate)

burden gun rights to the point they no longer exist

allow Silicon Valley to censor the people to the point it's easier just to love big brother

My confidence is based on a pretty solid record of what Democrats have done for 40 years. 

Given how the GOP senate screwed Obama and packed the Supreme Court themselves, I hope we can restore some balance and certainly wouldn't rule out more states and more Justices myself.  I don't have confidence the Dems will go that far, but I can still hope.

The Democrats have never come after your guns. Sometimes that want to have a discussion about gun violence, or perhaps the ease of obtaining weapons designed for mass human slaughter, but the NRA typically intervenes and Dems meekly go on their way. 

The problem with Silicon Valley isn't censorship, it's data mining and privacy. Try to keep up. 

Your confidence in the power of Democrats to act like they never have before is impressive. Hope you're right. 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

I remember Bowling for Columbine.  

But that was no comparison to eating McDonalds for 30 days and filming it!

I thought the McDs was someone else.

Moore's very first filmabout the closing of the auto plants in Michigan was his best and really showed the despair.

But the red flags were there already.  Instead of intelligent discussion of a solution, MM decided to demonize the current CEO of one of the Big3.  As though the macro-economics was all created by one evil genius.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

My confidence is based on a pretty solid record of what Democrats have done for 40 years. 

Given how the GOP senate screwed Obama and packed the Supreme Court themselves, I hope we can restore some balance and certainly wouldn't rule out more states and more Justices myself.  I don't have confidence the Dems will go that far, but I can still hope.

The Democrats have never come after your guns. Sometimes that want to have a discussion about gun violence, or perhaps the ease of obtaining weapons designed for mass human slaughter, but the NRA typically intervenes and Dems meekly go on their way. 

The problem with Silicon Valley isn't censorship, it's data mining and privacy. Try to keep up. 

Your confidence in the power of Democrats to act like they never have before is impressive. Hope you're right. 

Pretty much every bad idea except foreign wars has come out of the left and we are all worse off.  Trump attacked some of their bad ideas but that's only made them more extreme.

There's no reason to believe the Ds won't engage in court packing, state packing, gun seizing, erasing history, election chicanery and confistacatory taxes.  No one in the middle class or even working class will thrive.  Only the dirt poor and Uber elite rich.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

538 is done updating their prediction, which is 348 to 190 and Biden winning the popular vote 53.4% to 45.4%.

RCP's averages have Biden winning 319 to 219.

The RCP average has Biden up 2.8% in battlegrounds with 4.8% undecided.
Clinton was up 1.1% in battlegrounds with 10.3% undecided.

Article from 538:

Nonetheless, Biden’s standing is considerably stronger than Clinton’s at the end of the 2016 race. His lead is larger than Clinton’s in every battleground state, and more than double her lead nationally. Our model forecasts Biden to win the popular vote by 8 percentage points,1 more than twice Clinton’s projected margin at the end of 2016.

Indeed, some of the dynamics that allowed Trump to prevail in 2016 wouldn’t seem to exist this year. There are considerably fewer undecided voters in this race — just 4.8 percent of voters say they’re undecided or plan to vote for third-party candidates, as compared to 12.5 percent at the end of 2016. And the polls have been considerably more stable this year than they were four years ago. Finally, unlike the “Comey letter” in the closing days of the campaign four years ago — when then-FBI Director James Comey told Congress that new evidence had turned up pertinent to the investigation into the private email server that Clinton used as secretary of state — there’s been no major development in the final 10 days to further shake up the race.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/final-2020-presidential-election-forecast/

5 hours ago, Moiraine said:

538 is done updating their prediction, which is 348 to 190 and Biden winning the popular vote 53.4% to 45.4%.

RCP's averages have Biden winning 319 to 219.

The RCP average has Biden up 2.8% in battlegrounds with 4.8% undecided.
Clinton was up 1.1% in battlegrounds with 10.3% undecided.

Uggg, really?

I took the unders bet at 307.5