The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Shoot there are people that believe in alien landings...there are people that think JFK's death is not what all the government offices told us it was.  There are people that go to prison (not a lot, I hope) that are not actually guilty and people that get off that are guilty.  

JFK, I think there was some shady s#!t, but not Umbrella guns and Illuminati.  MLK on the other hand...

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

JFK, I think there was some shady s#!t, but not Umbrella guns and Illuminati.  MLK on the other hand...

But but...how can you think that?  THE GOVERNMENT TOLD US WHAT HAPPENED TO JFK!

Look, if Biden is totally clean, great!  If he is dirty, great!  I don't care, it doesn't impact me at all.

If his son got a sweet a$$ gig and other s#!t...if anything I am jealous that my Dad could not do that for me, because it sounds amazing.  What was it, 80k a month?  Yes please!

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Redux said:

It stops being a conversation when you can't get over your incorrect preconceived notion that I'm somehow still trying to defend Trump.

The NYT......seriously?

While that Times story debunks some of the theories that the President and conservative media took straight up from 4Chan trolls, the overall takeaway is that Hunter Biden should never have been in the mix, Joe Biden should have stepped in, and the Obama administration should have had more than "raised eyebrows." 

Which supports the Times reporting accuracy, if not quite the headline they chose. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

While that Times story debunks some of the theories that the President and conservative media took straight up from 4Chan trolls, the overall takeaway is that Hunter Biden should never have been in the mix, Joe Biden should have stepped in, and the Obama administration should have had more than "raised eyebrows." 

Which supports the Times reporting accuracy, if not quite the headline they chose. 

No, Joe should not have been involved.  Benevolent or not it looks guilty as hell to me.

2 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Great...but there is no record of me getting away with wrong s#!t is there?  No one knows.  It wasn't proven in a court of law...thus I'm not guilty of it.

Thinking someone is guilty of stuff doesn't immediately prove they are....and thinking Biden is guilty doesn't mean Trump isn't guilty...there is no direct correlation.

It's possible, now try your best to follow me here, to think both Biden AND Trump are guilty based on their individual dealings.  I know, it sounds crazy...

Just now, BlitzFirst said:

Your loss not mine for sure.  I don't ignore anyone on this board using the built in function because I'm not a snowflake.

You are one of the angriest most triggered responders I've seen recently, sooooo kinda

Just now, BlitzFirst said:

Great...but there is no record of me getting away with wrong s#!t is there?  No one knows.  It wasn't proven in a court of law...thus I'm not guilty of it.

Thinking someone is guilty of stuff doesn't immediately prove they are....and thinking Biden is guilty doesn't mean Trump isn't guilty...there is no direct correlation.

I agree...thinking one is guilty has no impact on the other.

I don't know if there is record of you getting away with anything.  Have you ever been pulled over but didn't get a ticket?  I have, even though I was in fact, guilty.  

But, it is clear that you are agreeing with me and that just because someone says "nothing happened" it doesn't mean that nothing happened.

1 minute ago, Redux said:

No, Joe should not have been involved.  Benevolent or not it looks guilty as hell to me.

By "involved" I mean privately saying "no son. Do not take this job. These are corrupt men, paying you in order to use my name and presumed influence. It could easily be used against both of us. If you need money, I can help."

Maybe he did say that, and Hunter simply acted as a grown man with a drug problem, no career, and a fondness for $50k a month. 

But using these talking points to claim that the Biden's did nothing wrong doesn't wash.  Put Eric Trump or Jared Kushner on that board and we'd be all over it. 

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

But, it is clear that you are agreeing with me and that just because someone says "nothing happened" it doesn't mean that nothing happened.

The flip side of that coin is equally true though. Just because someone says look at this terrible thing that happened doesn't mean anything terrible happened. That's why we have investigation and look for the facts surrounding situations.

4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

By "involved" I mean privately saying "no son. Do not take this job. These are corrupt men, paying you in order to use my name and presumed influence. It could easily be used against both of us. If you need money, I can help."

Maybe he did say that, and Hunter simply acted as a grown man with a drug problem, no career, and a fondness for $50k a month. 

But using these talking points to claim that the Biden's did nothing wrong doesn't wash.  Put Eric Trump or Jared Kushner on that board and we'd be all over it. 

I seem to remember not even a year ago the talk being Trump is Satan for using his position to help his son.  FYI thank you for conversing with me.

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

This isn't really the issue being discussed though and to be fair, Ivanka and Jared are benefiting heavily in a similar way to Hunter and are we all over it? Not really. I think most people would agree Hunter Biden shouldn't have been on the board, but that does not make Joe getting Shokin fired a corrupt act.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

The flip side of that coin is equally true though. Just because someone says look at this terrible thing that happened doesn't mean anything terrible happened. That's why we have investigation and look for the facts surrounding situations.

Investigations done by people with a specific agenda.  This is why I have trust issues.  Maybe I'm wearing a tinfoil hat too tight, just not that black and white for me.

1 minute ago, Redux said:

Investigations done by people with a specific agenda.  This is why I have trust issues.  Maybe I'm wearing a tinfoil hat too tight, just not that black and white for me.

So you think the investigating should be done by Ukraine? Do you think Shokin was a very good prosecutor?

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Totally agree!  

Look, some people think OJ was innocent, some think he was guilty.  The facts are the facts but we still have people on both sides.  

Same with JFK same with Biden (who again, I don't think what he was accused of doing and what he clearly did is even something that is wrong)

Unless there is video evidence there will always be wiggle room.  Totally normal.

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

This isn't really the issue being discussed though and to be fair, Ivanka and Jared are benefiting heavily in a similar way to Hunter and are we all over it? Not really. I think most people would agree Hunter Biden shouldn't have been on the board, but that does not make Joe getting Shokin fired a corrupt act.

See, I don't have a problem with his kid being on the board.  I mean, I would want my Dad to do the same thing for me.  We all would!