The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm a small government fiscal conservative and I even think that line is BS.  Hyperbole at best.

Half of the current payouts to government employees staying in taxpayer pockets wouldn't make life better for everyone?  Interesting.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm not fine with both but I don't think Joe was using his position to protect his son. I think Hunter should have stayed far away from that job but honestly I don't think Joe could have swayed him away from it. I think Guy said it, but good luck telling your drug addict son not to take a sham of a job that pays 50 k a month. I'm sure he will listen to you. Biden may have not said anything at all to Hunter about it but my guess is if he did Hunter would say screw you dad I'm getting paid

Ha!  That is funny and probably true!

I look at it this way...if my Dad could get me a sweet gig like that...I would be more than happy to take it!

• Fire 1

If there was ANYTHING behind Biden/Burisma, wouldn't it have been investigated when Donald Trump controlled the WH, Senate, and House? If there was ANY CREDIBLE EVIDENCE, wouldn't Donald Trump's corrupt hand-picked Attorney Generals jump at the opportunity to investigate (and leak it against DOJ policy)? Doesn't the fact that none of that happened only further demonstrates there was nothing there (other than bad optics)? 

That is why he sent his personal attorney on a covert black propaganda operation, against US foreign policy and national security.

EDIT: Devin Nunes was running the House Intelligence Committee, for Christ’s sake!

• Plus1 4
7 minutes ago, QMany said:

If there was ANYTHING behind Biden/Burisma, wouldn't it have been investigated when Donald Trump controlled the WH, Senate, and House? If there was ANY CREDIBLE EVIDENCE, wouldn't Donald Trump's corrupt hand-picked Attorney Generals jump at the opportunity to investigate (and leak it against DOJ policy)? Doesn't the fact that none of that happened only further demonstrates there was nothing there (other than bad optics)? 

That is why he sent his personal attorney on a covert black propaganda operation, against US foreign policy and national security.

If what Biden did was so bad stop telling us about it and prosecute the guy amirite? 

9 minutes ago, QMany said:

EDIT: Devin Nunes was running the House Intelligence Committee, for Christ’s sake!

Yes, I would think so.  

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

If what Biden did was so bad stop telling us about it and prosecute the guy amirite? 

Because it wasn't bad.  I know a lot of us love to pretend that we are above this stuff but the s#!t he did is politics and the s#!t with helping his son is pretty much what any dad would do, helping their kid get a sweet gig.  Neither of those things are a big deal.

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

So you think Biden fired Shokin to help Hunter out. Welcome to the Soviet propaganda mill. NO. I DIDN"T SAY THAT AT ALL. I think everyone agrees Hunter shouldn't have been on that board and that sort of thing isn't something we should be doing in American politics. EXACTLY. 

But this situation has already been looked into and debunked as far as Biden, Shokin and Burisma. WELL EXCEPT FOR THE PART WHERE HUNTER NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE, PRECISELY BECAUSE IT WOULD ALWAYS RAISE LEGITIMATE QUESTIONS ABOUT JOE'S MOTIVES. Biden was doing his job as VP of the United States when he got Shokin fired plain and simple. NEITHER PLAIN NOR SIMPLE, BEING ABSOLVED OF FURTHER INVESTIGATION ISN"T QUITE THE SAME AS INNOCENCE, SOMETHING WE'VE HAD TO LIVE WITH REGARDING TRUMP, AND UKRAINE IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF MURKY. That is what is being discussed, Bidens 'QPQ' and how isn't that the same as Trump? If we want to talk about Hunter let's talk about that but it's not related to Shokin getting fired. IF YOU STILL AGREE WITH YOUR POINT UP TOP THAT HUNTER BEING ON THE BOARD OF BURISMA ISN'T SOMETHING WE SHOULD BE DOING IN AMERICAN POLITICS, THEN DEMS SHOULD BE WILLING TO LET HUNTER AND JOE TAKE THE HEAT, RATHER THAN INSISTING "THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE HERE!" BECAUSE THAT UNDERMINES THE DEMOCRATS SUPPOSED HIGH GROUND AND CREDIBILITY, REGARDLESS OF TRUMP'S WORSENESS. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Take the heat of what? That's the thing. You are insinuating we give credibility to the idea Biden acted corruptly in getting Shokin fired even though he has been cleared of that and it doesn't add up anyway. I say we can let them take the heat for Hunter being on the board and defend Joe from false allegations that he used his position to stop a prosecutor from going after his son. Joe Biden didn't do anything wrong leveraging Ukraine with IMF loans to fire Shokin and I am not going to budge on that because that is the fact of the situation. Do you dispute Shokin was corrupt and his firing was an national and international objective? Do you disagree with the intelligence community on this one? I deal with the facts I'm not playing some political game. I don't care about looking like I'm on a high ground or whatever none of that matters to me. Hunter being on the board is a different discussion than Joe getting Shokin fired I maintain that. Hunter wasn't with Burisma during the period that was being investigated, and Shokin never made convictions. If Joe wanted to protect his son, he would have left Shokin in place. I honestly don't know what you are trying to get at besides we should conform to false narratives. No thanks.

If Shokin had a track record of taking people down and Burisma was being investigated for dealings after 2014 this would be a different conversation, but the facts of the situation are Shokin didn't convict a single major figure in his time and they were investigating special permits given to the company between 2010 and 2012. It's not like Shokin was going after Hunter Biden and Joe swooped in to save him.

• Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Also I want to say I have argued as late as today, if Joe Biden did something wrong, prosecute the guy with the full force of the US law. Not Ukrainian law but the US law. The fact it has been over 3 years since this happened and just now we are making a huff about it, but not actually using the tools available to investigate the situation and instead trying to do an end around with Ukraine making an announcement(not actually investigating) tells me all I need to know about how much is there.