The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

15 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

But... it didn't happen yet. 62% are reporting.

52% of Polk County, Des Moines, was only reporting as of 6pm. I'm pretty certain there are ALOT of Pete votes/precincts coming from here that haven't been reported yet. If Pete takes Polk County, like everyone thinks he will eventually, that's 20% of the vote and it'll pretty much be decided then. Right now Pete has won 2 counties to Bernie's 1 statewide according to our local political expert. 

28 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

52% of Polk County, Des Moines, was only reporting as of 6pm. I'm pretty certain there are ALOT of Pete votes/precincts coming from here that haven't been reported yet. If Pete takes Polk County, like everyone thinks he will eventually, that's 20% of the vote and it'll pretty much be decided then. Right now Pete has won 2 counties to Bernie's 1 statewide according to our local political expert. 

If it had been just Buttigieg vs. Sanders I would have expected Buttigieg to win a lot more counties (i.e. do better in lower pop. areas) but not necessarily win overall. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins, but calling it at 62% seems premature. He's not my favorite but I like him more than Biden.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

So Bernie has over 1,000 more votes than Pete but he has more delegates. Im done. Im done with this crooked, corrupt party. Im done with politics. Let it all burn. Put Pete up against Trump. Him and Warren are literally the only ones not beating him in head to head polls. 

Democracy at its finest folks. 

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

So Bernie has over 1,000 more votes than Pete but he has more delegates. Im done. Im done with this crooked, corrupt party. Im done with politics. Let it all burn. Put Pete up against Trump. Him and Warren are literally the only ones not beating him in head to head polls. 

Hahaha!  That is like how you trick your kids!

Is this...impeachment worthy???  Haha

8 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

That’s a pretty sad view of America. 

a) a kid grows up and doesn’t even know how to flip a coin. 

and

b) adults give that kid the job of flipping the coin to decide a presidential nomination delegate. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ok....this is friggen stupid. 

it’s now two days since the caucuses and only 71% reporting. 

So, let’s say you are the farthest corner of Iowa away from Des Moines. You have to drive the votes to Des Moines and count them. 

That takes how long???

I’m gonna pretend this isn’t rhetorical and say that I live in Nebraska and it took me 5 hours to get to Moline. 

republicans for sanders....in the primaries

https://www.postandcourier.com/politics/upstate-gop-leaders-plotting-to-meddle-in-sc-democratic-primary/article_f1e7abd2-4788-11ea-aa9f-33a1d262994c.html

COLUMBIA — A group of prominent Upstate Republicans is preparing to launch a wide-scale effort this week to encourage GOP voters across South Carolina to vote for U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders in the Feb. 29 Democratic primary, The Post and Courier has learned.

The S.C. GOP executive committee voted last year to forgo its 2020 presidential primary, so the Democratic election will be the only one held Feb. 29.

Greenville GOP chairman Nate Leupp, Spartanburg GOP chairman Curtis Smith, Anderson GOP chairwoman Cheryl Cuthrell and the leaders of multiple tea party activist groups in the Upstate are behind the effort to undermine the Democratic race, with other officials still considering joining them.

57 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I’m gonna pretend this isn’t rhetorical and say that I live in Nebraska and it took me 5 hours to get to Moline. 

It's just nuts.  I used to live in Des Moines and covered the entire state in sales.  It's not a big state and this should not be taking this long to get 100% counted.  

I keep thinking about the guy I read about who was the manager of one precinct.  He couldn't get the app to work so he just went home and went to bed.

Iowa does not deserve to have this much power in the process if they are going to handle it this way.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1