The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The trend line on this graph over the last month is concerning to me.  For some reason, while the impeachment process has played out on TV, his approval rating has gone UP.

LINK  (Sorry, for the life of me I can't figure out how to post this graph.)

The Gallup poll just came out with a 49% favorable rating.  I know it's just one poll and But, they had been in the 44-45% range prior to this.

I'm concerned that once the Senate votes today, there will be alot of people say, "Well...see....Dems didn't find anything so there isn't a reason to not like Trump".

It's a good point, and it's largely due to the fact that the press - despite Trump's constant attacks on them - handle him with kid gloves while holding Democrats hugely accountable for comparatively minor things.

The press constantly puts Trump's lies in headlines and tweets without any context or fact-checking. Presented like that, even Trump's wildly inappropriate behavior becomes normalized over time.

The first institution to fail Americans in this whole Trump debacle wasn't the Republican Party. It was the press. And they haven't learned their lesson, and Trump continues to play them like a fiddle.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The trend line on this graph over the last month is concerning to me.  For some reason, while the impeachment process has played out on TV, his approval rating has gone UP.

Bill Clinton's numbers went up during his impeachment as well, and his post-impeachment approval rating of 73% was the highest of his presidency. 

40 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

I feel like I will need to vent this entire process lol. I get that people dont think Bernie can win. Its because for 5 years the MSM has been telling people he cant win. And people are sheep so they believe them even though they think well I like him, but this person on TV knows more than me so I guess Im one of the only ones who like him. 

He, along with Yang and Gabbard poll best with independents. Fact. He beats Trump in 95% of head to head polls for 5 years straight. Fact. The rust belt takes trade more seriously than most other areas and Bernies trade record is excellent. Fact. They did polling in the rust belt that says a left wing populist beats a right wing populist. Fact. Bernie out performs his polls. Fact. Bernie brings out people who normally dont vote, just look at Iowa. 30% of new caucus goers were for Bernie. Under 45 had higher turnout than 45 and above. Fact. Theres are reason Biden tanked in Iowa. The majority of Americans like his policies. Fact. Hes been the most popular senator in the country for 11 years in a row, the poll just came out a few weeks ago. Fact. I could keep going on why he would win but my last point is that Trump knows hed lose to Sanders. There is audio of him saying he doesnt want to run against Sanders!

polls and facts are often two different things...

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

LINK  (Sorry, for the life of me I can't figure out how to post this graph.)

The Gallup poll just came out with a 49% favorable rating.  I know it's just one poll and But, they had been in the 44-45% range prior to this.

I'm concerned that once the Senate votes today, there will be alot of people say, "Well...see....Dems didn't find anything so there isn't a reason to not like Trump".

LMAO. People really need to start listening to independent media and not MSM. Kulinski was correct all along. Just like he was correct about Trump winning the election against Clinton when everyone on MSM said he wouldnt. 

13 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Truman got destroyed within his own party, and withdrew early in the primaries. There are currently three semi-legitimate Republicans challenging Trump for the Republican nomination, but I bet you've heard zero from them since they announced, and in another galling example of voting suppression, Republicans in several states have actually kept them off the state ballot. 

If you ever got Donald Trump on a debate stage with Bill Weld, I think a lot of Republicans would go "oh s#!t. Yeah. That's really where we should be."

But Trump's base is solid, and I think the Muller investigation and impeachment hearings might bring Republicans to the polls in an ideological call-to-action, whether they like the guy or not. And many of them really, really, love the guy. 

I've been trying to figure out how and why this works, and a recent cartoon summed it up pretty well. It's a war against Libtards. 

83356532_10216321092680387_682367756695240704_n.jpg.b55280fce0cf4ce7f08d372bfd002520.jpg

I understand Trump isn't Truman and things are vastly different, but his net approval is still absolutely awful. The economy isn't roaring like Trump promised. These things are factors that people aren't taking into consideration. Again Trump is his own worst enemy. I think the idea only 1 or 2 candidates can beat Trump is the wrong idea. I'm asking myself if Trump can beat any of them? The answer is obviously yes but the point is I think Trump is much more vulnerable than people make him out to be.

7 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

LMAO. People really need to start listening to independent media and not MSM. Kulinski was correct all along. Just like he was correct about Trump winning the election against Clinton when everyone on MSM said he wouldnt. 

How in the world did you get anything about “mainstream media” out of that post?

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

How in the world did you get anything about “mainstream media” out of that post?

I wasnt really trying to respond to anything you said in your post. Just making a pitch for independent media. I just had to quote it so people knew what it was in reference to. I get all my media from youtube and Ive learned more from their shows about politics than Ive ever learned from MSM. They are right about pretty much everything because they dont have bosses telling them what to say to appease their advertisers. Kulinski has said from day 1 Trump will get an approval bump and I kept thinking there is no way. Then I saw your post about his approval bump and I had to laugh. 

20 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Kulinski has said from day 1 Trump will get an approval bump and I kept thinking there is no way. Then I saw your post about his approval bump and I had to laugh. 

What’s Kulinski saying about who should get the Democratic nomination? 

8 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

What’s Kulinski saying about who should get the Democratic nomination? 

Hes a left wing populist so he likes Bernie. He said Trump would beat Clinton in last election and he was right. Here is a good video he made couple weeks back talking about why Bernie would beat Trump.

They also have right wing independent media which is also far better than MSM media too if thats the way you lean. 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I agree, but are enough of those people in Wisconsin,  Florida and other swing states?

Yes. His net approval in both of those states have taken drastic hits since he has taken office. In Florida he is about even but in Wisconsin net approval is sitting at about -10%. That is bad

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Good lord, imagine if NDJ posted a tweet or his own thought that Trump was "1000000" times better than every D candidate.  

Well let's see, Trump is a rapist who regularly violates the Constitution and has cause a sharp decline in respect from the international community. It would be interesting to see how one would argue any of the Dem candidates aren't better. 

• Plus1 2
Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Well let's see, Trump is a rapist who regularly violates the Constitution and has cause a sharp decline in respect from the international community. It would be interesting to see how one would argue any of the Dem candidates aren't better. 

I am talking about the number he used.  If NDJ did that, he would be attacked for not using facts.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1