Jump to content

The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election


Recommended Posts

Just now, teachercd said:

Yeah...I totally get that but I don't really have a problem with it and I guess there should either be real rules in place or no rules in place.  

 

 

There were real rules in place until they decided to change them because Bloomberg donated 300k. I have a problem with that

Link to post

  • Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • BigRedBuster

    1223

  • knapplc

    1177

  • Danny Bateman

    1045

  • RedDenver

    925

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you honestly not understand the difference between someone who said something stupid as an off color joke one time and some one who: Has been sued twice for housing discrimination against A

He is.

I honestly don't know what will happen tomorrow. But if Joe Biden wins, you will be allowed to own all the guns you want, worship your God however you want, and hate whomever you want in the privacy o

Posted Images

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

There were real rules in place until they decided to change them because Bloomberg donated 300k. I have a problem with that

 

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

There were real rules in place until they decided to change them because Bloomberg donated 300k. I have a problem with that

Ha...That is what I am saying...there were not real rules in place...not if 300K all of a sudden changed things.  

 

With that said, I am fine with it.  But I can see where people would hate it.

Link to post
47 minutes ago, teachercd said:

 

Ha...That is what I am saying...there were not real rules in place...not if 300K all of a sudden changed things.  

 

With that said, I am fine with it.  But I can see where people would hate it.

Ah I see. Are any rules real if you have enough dough?

Link to post


10 hours ago, teachercd said:

No, I get it, I just don't understand the rule.  So he was "out" and then donated 300k and was "in'?

He wasn't allowed to debate under the former iteration of the rules because he wasn't taking donations. DNC changed the rules so he could debate. Yang and others have been clamoring for a rule change since the start of debates to encourage diversity  but this rule change seems to only serve the purpose of getting Bloomberg on the stage when he didnt qualify before 

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

He wasn't allowed to debate under the former iteration of the rules because he wasn't taking donations. DNC changed the rules so he could debate. Yang and others have been clamoring for a rule change since the start of debates to encourage diversity  but this rule change seems to only serve the purpose of getting Bloomberg on the stage when he didnt qualify before 

Okay, now I get it!  Thanks!

 

 

Link to post

So, has anyone caught Bloomberg's vision and turned from one of the moderate candidates towards him?

 

 

 

https://www.axios.com/trump-bloomberg-2020-election-twitter-95ff32b1-5118-457b-addf-38d0624a72a7.html

 

This quote is pretty amazing, ironic.  Is Kellyanne, talking about Bloomberg or her boss Trump :dunno

Quote

Kellyanne Conway, counselor to President Trump, said of Bloomberg: "His outsized wealth and outsized ego are matched by his overwrought jealousy and spitefulness towards the president. Jealousy is a dangerous motivator for people, leading them to confuse with a sugar high that money can buy with substance that voters demand to hear."

 

Link to post
11 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So, has anyone caught Bloomberg's vision and turned from one of the moderate candidates towards him?

 

 

 

https://www.axios.com/trump-bloomberg-2020-election-twitter-95ff32b1-5118-457b-addf-38d0624a72a7.html

 

This quote is pretty amazing, ironic.  Is Kellyanne, talking about Bloomberg or her boss Trump :dunno

 

I won't be participating in the Dem primary, so I will vote for whomever they put forward in the general election.

Link to post

The anti bernie train is really starting to gain steam on social media. Many saying he has a cult just like Trump, russian bots and the GOP prefer Bernie, he would get crushed by Trump, his policies are unpalatable, he isn't a Democrat, he is going to game the Iowa primary by announcing his win early ect. Ect. Many people are saying #neverbernie and suggesting they won't vote for him in a GE against Trump. I find the last bit especially crazy personally but that's just me.

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...