The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

You're giving zero effort to think critically about the 'why' behind this proposal and acknowledge (or deny) the underlying problem that Bernie is trying to find a solution to. 

I’m fine discussing employee issues.

But forcing an owner to give away stock in his company is something I will not ever be able to support. 

It’s absolutely mind blowing that it’s even being discussed as a legitimate option by a leading candidate for President.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

But forcing an owner to give away stock in his company is something I will not ever be able to support. 

It’s absolutely mind blowing that it’s even being discussed as a legitimate option by a leading candidate for President.  

I agree with you on this one. 

He needs to stick to healthcare, education and climate change and stop trying to be a beauty pageant winner and trying to solve every world issue.

3 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Under this plan, corporations with at least $100 million in annual revenue, corporations with at least $100 million in balance sheet total, and all publicly traded companies will be required to provide at least 2 percent of stock to their workers every year until the company is at least 20 percent owned by employees. This will be done through the

The word AND is a key word in the sentence. @deedsker

21 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Trump doesn't already excite them?  He has a 95% approval rating with the party.  They are already coming to vote.  The dems need someone to create excitement to counter it.  Biden cant even get people to come vote for him in primaries.  What makes you think people will come vote for him in a general?

Yes, Trump has the support of the majority of the party but there are plenty of us who are conservative who won't vote for him.   I just don't want the GOP voter excited anymore by the Dem candidate. 

I guess there is a balance - will the Dem nominee excite the Dem base more than what he/she excites the GOP base to oppose.

I'm hoping trump voters will think it is in the bag and just not show up - like Hillary voters failed to show up in Pa, MI, Wisc, Fl in 2016

Bernie is trying to do a way wt the bedrock of our society - a capitalistic society that made us great before trump came along.  It is the way we've been the breadbasket of the world, an innovation leader and the world economic leader - which (strong economy) ends up paying for all of our govt social programs.  Fix the evils but don't throw it all away.   Deal wt the corporate welfare and tax issues but the idea of forcing companies to take on 'partners' in the ownership structure is totally contrary to how this country was built.  This plan would be a slippery slope to a place we don't want to end up at.

I think a better plan is to create incentives whereby more individuals feel they can take risks to start companies.  Let the govt develop incubator programs that reward individuals to take those risks, to develop entrepreneur skills, etc.   Level the playing field by removing corp welfare programs that rewards certain established companies and makes entry my new comers more difficult. 

15 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, Trump has the support of the majority of the party but there are plenty of us who are conservative who won't vote for him.   I just don't want the GOP voter excited anymore by the Dem candidate. 

I guess there is a balance - will the Dem nominee excite the Dem base more than what he/she excites the GOP base to oppose.

I guess my thought process is Id rather bring out some of the 108,000,000 people who didn't vote last election instead of the dozens of never Trump republicans.  I kid I kid.  But really its a very small number and I don't think it is a secret that when there is a large voter turnout democrats usually win elections since a majority of the country is more liberal.

4 minutes ago, deedsker said:

Which to me means that all previous criteria must be met. Criteria 1, criteria 2, and criteria 3 must all be hit to have such effect.

If the word was "or", I would be as scared as you.

:dunno

If it would say (previous criteria) “and is a publicly traded company” I would agree with you. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Huskerzoo said:

Or it would help people like me who got their PhD, are ~200,000 in debt, did so under the understanding that there was public loan forgiveness, have had that loan forgiveness potentially taken away from me, work hard at a job but still have to pay an extra mortgage for my education. 

Yes, there are people who do dumb things, but some of those pretend universities are run by the POTUS. And no, the money is not free money. It's coming out of a tax levied on Wall street that is projected to make .2 trillion dollars more than forgiveness of loans would cost. 

This is without a doubt wealth redistribution of sorts. And there are a chunk of people who would be hit hardest by it who support it: https://www.businessinsider.com/billionaires-asking-for-wealth-tax-americans-disney-soros-buffett-dalio

This isn't pretend free college. 

I did pretty much the same.  

38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This!!

I really don't think that Bernie supporters support this either but just like the Trump Cult the Bernie Cult is just sort of saying they agree.

52 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

My mouth just dropped reading this.  That is absolutely insane!

Unfortunately I’m used to it. This is why it blows me away when people say they are even remotely happy with their current deal.  Unbelievably my premiums actually went down about $200 per month this year. First time I can ever remember them going down. Colorado adopted something to help the Obamacare premiums. Last year it was about $27,000 total premium. And it’s not what many (or any) would consider a good plan. It’s bronze level with a deductible that is about $5500 per person (2 person max) so basically the first $11,000 in care comes out of my pocket. And we’ve maxed it out 2 of the last 3 years. We’d be super screwed without it though. My wife was in the hospital last year for 3 procedures, 5 days. I lost count on all the bills when they hit about $200k total. And it wasn’t anything exotic; hiatal hernia, gall bladder removal and then a GI scope to get some gall stones they couldn’t access during surgery. It’s just f#&king insane.

• Fire 1