The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So...candidates get out of the race, endorse a candidate other than your favorite and....you’re upset and the system is broken. 

Maybe Bernie just doesn’t have the support of as many Democrats as his supporters think. 

Maybe what this shows is Bernies followers aren’t enough to beat Trump. 

I fail to see how yesterday proves the system is broken. 

Exactly. People voted for a dementia patient who had hardly campaigned or advertised in their state over Bernie. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Bloomberg's out.  Such a sad day for all of us.

I hope he put$ hi$ full force behind the nominee. His ad$ have been money.

Biden needs cash.

3 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Well, now we know you can't literally buy the presidency.

Russia and the NRA beg to differ.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Well, now we know you can't literally buy the presidency. This is good for democracy.

Sadly, Bloomberg could definitely buy Congressional seats with the amount of money he's spent.

Edited by deedsker
Dude, I don't know how to embed tweets for s***
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

You know, it's weird. I heard a story once (probably a modern-day parable) about a guy who dreamed of living on the coast of Costa Rica. He worked hard his whole life, built a business, saved his money, and was finally able to sell and move to his dream life. Gets his bungalow right on the coast, sets it all up, gets up his first day of retirement and grabs his fishing gear, and goes out to see the sunrise. Looks a little way down the beach and sees another dude doing the same thing, so he goes over and introduces himself. He tells the new neighbor his story, and asks where the guy is from, and he says something like, "I've just lived here my whole life." 

Turns out the guy could have done that any time. Living in one of those countries doesn't cost a lot. We're just conditioned to think we have to have all of this "stuff" to live right.

Hell, that works even for localities.  I don't know how many times my wife and I talk about how awesome it would be to live elsewhere even in the USA.  But it always comes back to the "comforts" we have in the Omaha area...

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Maybe I'm crazy but I couldn't ever stomach voting for Trump. Don't really care who he is running against.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

No....if sanders wins the nomination, it ends up being like 2016....Nobody for me to vote for. 

So you prefer Trump to Sanders.

• Plus1 3