The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

Well Biden’s pocketbook just grew quite a bit with Bloomberg on board. Increasingly obvious Biden is gonna take this thing. Biden did pretty well in places Hilary wasn’t, at least that bodes well for the general. 

I think it could turn in to a dogfight but probably not. Either way Biden has alot on his side that Hilary did not imo. The script is flipped a bit from 16. Trump is more like Clinton in the way he polarizes the public. 

19 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Maybe I'm crazy but I couldn't ever stomach voting for Trump. Don't really care who he is running against.

So you prefer Trump to Sanders.

You’re really not understanding what I’m saying are you. 

I defiantly won’t be voting for Trump.....and probably not Sanders either. 

I would vote for Biden against Trump. 

40 minutes ago, QMany said:

I hope he put$ hi$ full force behind the nominee. His ad$ have been money.

Biden needs cash.

Russia and the NRA beg to differ.

Honestly this the best possible outcome. It avoids pissing off a significant chunk of people if he had won, and now he can dump his wealth into helping more people understand Trump is a crook and taking the Senate away from McConnell - assuming he doesn't try to get more GOP senators elected.

Bloomberg with unlimited funds running a parallel operation designed to take down Trump was always the best endgame of his candidacy.

• Plus1 2

Well were about to see if moderate theory of running someone in the middle to appeal to never Trumpers and offers same old same old is able to take him out. But youre going to have to do it without many progressives because most have had enough of this s#!t. Good luck. 

And yes, I will be one of the people who votes Biden. And no my vote wont mean anything because Trump will win Nebraska. 

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, knapplc said:

2020 is just like 2016. If you don't vote for the main Democrat candidate, you're voting for Trump.

You can spin that with stuff about "voting my conscience" or whatever, but the reality is pretty straightforward.

Then nominate a candidate I will be willing to vote for. 

I live in central Nebraska where about 86.4% will vote for Trump. 

my vote either way doesn’t mean jack s#!t. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Where's the lie in what they're saying?

I’m a Bernie supporter but more people voting for Biden does not equal elites taking out Bernie. Bernies base is young progressives who didn’t take to the polls yesterday, Biden rallied the working class dems, moderates and African American voters - who did take to the polls. The system isn’t broken like Fox News and Russia is spewing, more people just voted for Biden. 

• Plus1 2
Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

I’m a Bernie supporter but more people voting for Biden does not equal elites taking out Bernie. Bernies base is young progressives who didn’t take to the polls yesterday, Biden rallied the working class dems, moderates and African American voters - who did take to the polls. The system isn’t broken like Fox News and Russia is spewing, more people just voted for Biden. 

I agree with you, but that's not what they're talking about.

4 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Well were about to see if moderate theory of running someone in the middle to appeal to never Trumpers and offers same old same old is able to take him out. But youre going to have to do it without many progressives because most have had enough of this s#!t. Good luck. 

And yes, I will be one of the people who votes Biden. And no my vote wont mean anything because Trump will win Nebraska. 

The problem is, not enough of us young progressives even voted in the freaking primaries, let alone a general. Bernies shot at trump is these young progressive voters coming out in droves - not by the dozens. Bernie doesn’t have a snow balls chance in hell in the primaries or general if the young people don’t vote. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I agree with you, but that's not what they're talking about.

They’re talking about a situation that hasn’t even happened yet though. If Bernie comes to convention with more delegates and Biden walks away the nom, then absolutely we can talk about corruption. But that’s a lot of assumption at this point. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The problem is, not enough of us young progressives even voted in the freaking primaries, let alone a general. Bernies shot at trump is these young progressive voters coming out in droves - not by the dozens. Bernie doesn’t have a snow balls chance in hell in the primaries or general if the young people don’t vote. 

Which is odd to me...the "young" crowd is so vocal and in your face about stuff (not in a bad way, just in a very present way) yet they don't see to go vote.

What is the deal with that?  Is it that they like the idea of talking about "change" but they really don't care if it happens?

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

They’re talking about a situation that hasn’t even happened yet though. If Bernie comes to convention with more delegates and Biden walks away the nom, then absolutely we can talk about corruption. But that’s a lot of assumption at this point. 

That's definitely not the point. 

Do you not find it ironic and hilarious that for the last 3 years we've heard Dems complain non-stop about the electoral college, then when asked on stage if the person with the most votes going into convention should get the nomination, only Bernie said yes....

It's almost like... Democrats don't have any real principle on anything and just say whatever suits their interest at the time.... hmmm

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I agree. If Bernie's theory is correct now is the time to go prove it.

I've been watching MSNBC this morning to catch up on last night and they currently have Bernie exactly 50 delegates behind Biden. Hardly an insurmountable lead with the majority of voting still to happen. Bloomberg has fallen and Warren seems likely to be next shortly. 

So it's just going to be Biden vs. Bernie as many feel it should be. And we get to find out if more people agree that things are so screwed up that Bernie can drive massive turnout to lead a revolution or people just really disliked Hillary in 2016 and want a return to normalcy with more moderate policies.

This situation seems exceedingly fair for both guys if they believe they have the chutzpah to run a winning campaign.