The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

20 minutes ago, Redux said:

Both guys will lose pretty fantastically to Trump.  Bernie because of the stigma surrounding his ideals and Biden because Trump will literally eat him alive on the podium.  

Trumps base are the only people on this planet who think Trump will eat anyone alive at the podium. Don’t know why you think Trump will win “fantastically” when he lost the popular vote to a widely unpopular candidate last time around. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Redux said:

Unless they pair him with a home run VP nominee, he has no chance.  His campaign is "Remember Obama?  I was his VP!".

You can believe that if you want to. Any evidence to support Biden having “no chance “?  There’s much to the contrary actually. 

23 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Trumps base are the only people on this planet who think Trump will eat anyone alive at the podium. Don’t know why you think Trump will win “fantastically” when he lost the popular vote to a widely unpopular candidate last time around. 

This is wrong on basically every bullet point.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, QMany said:

Good on him. Didnt like him as a presidential candidate but he was messaging well and if he can keep that up on behalf of the Dem nominee that will be very helpful

1 minute ago, Redux said:

This is wrong on basically every bullet point.

How so? 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Redux said:

I'm not Trump's base and I think he squashes Biden.  It was a subtle way of calling me a Trumper, classic go to of someone who just doesn't like an honest opinion.

Ok so just wrong in assuming you are Trumps base thank you for the clarification 

• Plus1 1

29 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Yes.  Yes he is.  Calling himself a Dem is just a means to an end for him. 

You can say that about every single person in or supporting the Dem party. Bernie has been caucusing with the Dems for decades. If you don't like it, then advocate for the end of the two party system, so other candidates can run without being forced into claiming one party or the other.

And I'd like to point out that Bernie could run as a third-party candidate and hurt the Dem party pretty bad, it's WAY better for the Dems to include him.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, Redux said:

I'm not Trump's base and I think he squashes Biden.  It was a subtle way of calling me a Trumper, classic go to of someone who just doesn't like an honest opinion.

Okay, my bad,  I assumed you were a Trump voter. Still doesn’t change the fact Trump lost the popular vote to an extremely unpopular candidate - and is losing in the polls to Biden. Your opinion of Trump “fantastically” beating someone like Biden is not based in fact - he certainly can win, but anyone who thinks it won’t be close is living in a fantasy world. 

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Okay, my bad,  I assumed you were a Trump voter. Still doesn’t change the fact Trump lost the popular vote to an extremely unpopular candidate - and is losing in the polls to Biden. Your opinion of Trump “fantastically” beating someone like Biden is not based in fact - he certainly can win, but anyone who thinks it won’t be close is living in a fantasy world. 

The debates still have a lot of influence for people on the fence.  Donyou honestly think Biden can go toe to toe with Trump in a debate?  I don't see it at all, Biden barely gets out what he wants to say at his own rallies. In a high pressure back and forth with a guy who says whatever he wants with no regard for the backlash, he will crush Biden.  Biden needs a splash VP to even give him a chance at keeping it close.  The 2016 results and the current polls will have little to no bearing on how things shake out in November.

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

The debates still have a lot of influence for people on the fence.  Donyou honestly think Biden can go toe to toe with Trump in a debate?  I don't see it at all, Biden barely gets out what he wants to say at his own rallies. In a high pressure back and forth with a guy who says whatever he wants with no regard for the backlash, he will crush Biden.  Biden needs a splash VP to even give him a chance at keeping it close.  The 2016 results and the current polls will have little to no bearing on how things shake out in November.

Your projecting your opinion of Biden onto millions of voters. I realize nothing I say will get you to admit that Biden would have a decent shot at defeating Trump in a general - so I’ll just let it be.

3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Your projecting your opinion of Biden onto millions of voters. I realize nothing I say will get you to admit that Biden would have a decent shot at defeating Trump in a general - so I’ll just let it be.

Well, the odd suggest that Redux is right...Trump is a pretty heavy favorite to be reelected...

I would assume that is sort of normal for a sitting president though.

• Plus1 1