The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Yep...

But why drop out 24 hours before Super Tuesday?

Look...it is okay to call it what it is...it is sketchy but smart.  Sketchy in the sense that dropping out and endorsing the next President of the USA is going to be very very beneficial.  

So you want more diverse people to move to Iowa?  Good luck.  No one wants to live there.

Nope - IA should not be the first state to caucus and carry so much weight.  They should look at states that reflect the population of the US.

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BigRedBuster

• knapplc

• Danny Bateman

• RedDenver

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you honestly not understand the difference between someone who said something stupid as an off color joke one time and some one who: Has been sued twice for housing discrimination against A

He is.

I honestly don't know what will happen tomorrow. But if Joe Biden wins, you will be allowed to own all the guns you want, worship your God however you want, and hate whomever you want in the privacy o

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

NO PATH FORWARD.  Doing the delegate math there was no way Amy could come close to catching up, and Pete would likely struggle based on his lack of POC support.

You'll see probably Warren drop out after ST - is that also sketchy?

No.

10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why???  It’s broken because someone you support might not win?

The establishment is rallying around the same exact type of candidate that gave us Trump. Literally nothing has been learned since 2016, and if it seems like Bernie had a better shot this time it's only because the establishment took longer to prop up the chosen candidate. It seems hopeless that this system will ever produce a presidential candidate who isn't deep in someone else's pockets.

It's not over and things could change drastically today, but 538 heavily predicts a contested convention and lord knows if it comes to that the superdelegates will again overwhelmingly side with their establishment candidate.

I hate political parties so much.

• Plus1 2
  • Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

The establishment is rallying around the same exact type of candidate that gave us Trump. Literally nothing has been learned since 2016, and if it seems like Bernie had a better shot this time it's only because the establishment took longer to prop up the chosen candidate. It seems hopeless that this system will ever produce a presidential candidate who isn't deep in someone else's pockets.

It's not over and things could change drastically today, but 538 heavily predicts a contested convention and lord knows if it comes to that the superdelegates will again overwhelmingly side with their establishment candidate.

I hate political parties so much.

This is so well written!

It's really early but so far, Bernie supporters ought to be pretty worried. Looks like the only demographic where Bernie performs well is with young people. But in people over 40, black people, etc Biden is running away with it.

9 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

It's really early but so far, Bernie supporters ought to be pretty worried. Looks like the only demographic where Bernie performs well is with young people. But in people over 40, black people, etc Biden is running away with it.

This ^^^ and only 13-19%  of those young voters actually went out and voted today.  Bernie isnt driving the new, young voters that his campaign has been banking on.  Numbers for that group are actually lower than 2016.

This isn't the "establishment" burning Bernie.  It's the supporters for each candidate actually making it (or not) to the polls.

23 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

11 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

This ^^^ and only 13-19%  of those young voters actually went out and voted today.  Bernie isnt driving the new, young voters that his campaign has been banking on.  Numbers for that group are actually lower than 2016.

This isn't the "establishment" burning Bernie.  It's the supporters for each candidate actually making it (or not) to the polls.

What? Bernie has the most diverse coalition of any of the candidates.

It's not just bros: Sanders wins with a diverse coalition

BLACK VOTERS PREFER BERNIE SANDERS OVER ALL OTHER DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATES, NEW POLL SHOWS

Morning Consult polling has a website where you can see the crosstabs using a dropdown:

https://morningconsult.com/2020-democratic-primary/

And regardless of who wins, the field narrowing greatly reduces the chances of a contested convention, which is probably the worst thing that could happen to the Dem nominee.

It's coming down to Bernie v Biden, which is a good primary race with the two sides clearly having different ideologies. I voted for Bernie today, but I'm curious to see what the voters decide.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Shocker!

Young people want free s#!t without understanding how it gets paid for..."Isn't there a money tree in the backyard...my parents always referenced it when I was growing up and asking for stuff"

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, RedDenver said:

And regardless of who wins, the field narrowing greatly reduces the chances of a contested convention, which is probably the worst thing that could happen to the Dem nominee.

It's coming down to Bernie v Biden, which is a good primary race with the two sides clearly having different ideologies. I voted for Bernie today, but I'm curious to see what the voters decide.

I agree wholeheartedly, well said. No fractured fields, no excuses. Just two good men offering different visions for the future of the party and the country.

In the end, they should compete with each other and let the voters decide.

• Plus1 2
Just now, Danny Bateman said:

I agree wholeheartedly, well said. No fractured fields, no excuses. Just two good men offering different visions for the future of the party and the country.

In the end, they should compete with each other and let the voters decide.

Yep.

The Dem establishment could still mess this up if Bernie has the plurality and super delegates give the nomination to another candidate, but I'm hoping we don't get to that. And I suppose there's still a chance for Bloomberg to mess things up, but we'll see if his polling numbers actually mean anything starting tonight.

9 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

What? Bernie has the most diverse coalition of any of the candidates.

It's not just bros: Sanders wins with a diverse coalition

BLACK VOTERS PREFER BERNIE SANDERS OVER ALL OTHER DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATES, NEW POLL SHOWS

Morning Consult polling has a website where you can see the crosstabs using a dropdown:

https://morningconsult.com/2020-democratic-primary/

I was just peeking at MSNBC for a little while, and Biden is KILLING Bernie with every demographic except for young people.

5 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I was just peeking at MSNBC for a little while, and Biden is KILLING Bernie with every demographic except for young people.

Is there a poll or some data? MSNBC is pretty hostile to Bernie, so they could just be repeating that narrative from 2016.