The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

21 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

That's definitely not the point. 

Do you not find it ironic and hilarious that for the last 3 years we've heard Dems complain non-stop about the electoral college, then when asked on stage if the person with the most votes going into convention should get the nomination, only Bernie said yes....

It's almost like... Democrats don't have any real principle on anything and just say whatever suits their interest at the time.... hmmm

Has the person without the most delegates or votes gotten the dem nomination ever or are we creating a imaginary world where this happens. 

• Plus1 2

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BigRedBuster

• knapplc

• Danny Bateman

• RedDenver

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you honestly not understand the difference between someone who said something stupid as an off color joke one time and some one who: Has been sued twice for housing discrimination against A

He is.

I honestly don't know what will happen tomorrow. But if Joe Biden wins, you will be allowed to own all the guns you want, worship your God however you want, and hate whomever you want in the privacy o

Posted Images

We're seeing two campaigns in play: the Not Trump campaign and the Not Bernie campaign. It's not so much who or what you actually believe in. Joe Biden was an empty vessel just a week ago and now everybody who knows what they don't want has decided they could live with Joe Biden. It's not a rousing endorsement of the Democratic Party, but it does have plenty of cold logic. 

If Biden gets the nomination -- and I'm pretty sure he will --- it won't be because the establishment Dems stole it from Bernie. It will be because the African-American voters in South Carolina made him viable.  

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Frott Scost said:

Its been reported that Obama is the initiator of this plan to get everyone to drop out and endorse Biden. He made calls to Buttigieg the night he dropped out. And to Beto the day he endorsed Biden. 

The NYT reported that Obama talked to Buttigieg after he dropped out. I haven't seen any reports he initiated the dropout.

But the question still remains, why not endorse Joe already?

4 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

You seem to be really vibing with Biden, I dig it

Not really. I just dont like kids dying in cages. I wish I lived in a swing state but I dont so my vote wont mean anything. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, QMany said:

I've wondered if there is some sort of agreement between Obama and the Sanders camp. i.e. if Obama doesn't endorse anyone until it is all decided, Sanders will put his full force behind the nominee. It is crazy he hasn't endorsed his 8-year right hand man.

My guess, and this is pure speculation, is that they know Obama was a popular president, so they'll wait until Biden needs a boost (or Bernie, for that matter) and announce it then. I'm sure it's being held as a stratagem, not out of indecision on Obama's part.

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

We're seeing two campaigns in play: the Not Trump campaign and the Not Bernie campaign. It's not so much who or what you actually believe in. Joe Biden was an empty vessel just a week ago and now everybody who knows what they don't want has decided they could live with Joe Biden. It's not a rousing endorsement of the Democratic Party, but it does have plenty of cold logic. 

If Biden gets the nomination -- and I'm pretty sure he will --- it won't be because the establishment Dems stole it from Bernie. It will be because the African-American voters in South Carolina made him viable.  

Whip Clyburn might have single-handedly changed the trajectory of this election.

• Plus1 1
Just now, knapplc said:

My guess, and this is pure speculation, is that they know Obama was a popular president, so they'll wait until Biden needs a boost (or Bernie, for that matter) and announce it then. I'm sure it's being held as a stratagem, not out of indecision on Obama's part.

Oh, I agree with this. I just imagine he could have used this when he was on his campaign deathbed not too long ago.

If Bernie loses, the Democratic party can't afford for Bernie and his bros to alienate themselves. They have to show up in November, regardless of the nominee, to defeat Trump. They can't stay home or flip.

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think you're right. Of the two, I think the Not Trump campaign is the strongest. I think that, had Bernie emerged from Super Tuesday with the best chances of the nomination, the "establishment" would be putting their support behind him, even if it was a bit reluctantly. They're more accepting of Biden because he's an actual Democrat, while Bernie (like Trump) just glommed on to the party rather than run as an independent, which he actually is.

I can live with Joe Biden. I can live with Bernie. I could live with Warren, if she had a snowball's chance.

Basically, anyone but Trump.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Its been reported that Obama is the initiator of this plan to get everyone to drop out and endorse Biden. He made calls to Buttigieg the night he dropped out. And to Beto the day he endorsed Biden. 

Nope...it can't be true.

I have been told there was no sketch factor at all!

1 minute ago, QMany said:

Oh, I agree with this. I just imagine he could have used this when he was on his campaign deathbed not too long ago.

If Bernie loses, the Democratic party can't afford for Bernie and his bros to alienate themselves. They have to show up in November, regardless of the nominee, to defeat Trump. They can't stay home or flip.

By waiting, he makes sure his one endorsement counts for whomever becomes the nominee. Endorsing Biden, then having Biden lose Super Tuesday, would have made any future endorsement weaker. 

36 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I understand exactly what you are saying. If you would rather sit by than vote for Sanders it's pretty obvious you prefer things as they are as opposed to Sanders. 

Let me put it this way. If Sanders was the nominee and you preferred Sanders over Trump, why wouldn't you vote for Sanders?

Sorry, your first paragraph is way off base. 

Nominate someone else is the Dems want my vote. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

You know, it's weird. I heard a story once (probably a modern-day parable) about a guy who dreamed of living on the coast of Costa Rica. He worked hard his whole life, built a business, saved his money, and was finally able to sell and move to his dream life. Gets his bungalow right on the coast, sets it all up, gets up his first day of retirement and grabs his fishing gear, and goes out to see the sunrise. Looks a little way down the beach and sees another dude doing the same thing, so he goes over and introduces himself. He tells the new neighbor his story, and asks where the guy is from, and he says something like, "I've just lived here my whole life." 

Turns out the guy could have done that any time. Living in one of those countries doesn't cost a lot. We're just conditioned to think we have to have all of this "stuff" to live right.

Yep, it is an option. I don’t have enough saved to retire here but I may be getting close for one of those low cost tropical locations. And actually Costa Rica is the one I have thought about the most. Unfortunately it is getting more expensive day by day. My biggest hesitancy is quality of healthcare and I’m just not ready to slow down that much yet. But as the handbasket appears to be headed towards hell at an ever increasing rate, it sure does make a guy think about it.

• Plus1 1

i can't understand progressives not voting for the dem nominee if it isn't sanders.    trump is the anti-thesis of what bernie stands for.   bernie wants healthcare for all and don wants healthcare for none.   bernie supporters want more SS and trump and the GOP wants to reduce it.   sitting on your vote means you are ok if trump and his policies win.   :dunno

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2