The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

You doubters need to look at it like this.  Remember when you were a kid and were playing some game in the backyard...and you would pick teams and it was sooooo clear that the teams were unfair...so all of a sudden one kid would be like "Wait...we should switch this up, Nelson, you go on that side and Norman you go on that side...there that is better" . Because now...they have a chance.   Everyone knew what was going on...and there was always that one kid that was a badass and would be like "We don't need to switch anyone, we can WIN"...

But, no one listened to that kid and you went and played.  

• Plus1 1

57 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Does it make you list the Trump voters who hold any kind of position at their Washington HQ?

I'll wait. . . .

Huh? Does anywhere have a list of who their employees vote for? What the heck are you talking about man

• Fire 1

23 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Huh? Does anywhere have a list of who their employees vote for? What the heck are you talking about man

Not that I know of...but I am going to guess bosses look at potential employees social media s#!t and if they have stuff about certain political figures...well.

On 3/4/2020 at 10:39 AM, Frott Scost said:

Its like living 2016 again. Biden will talk about the “soul of this nation is at stake” “we are the United States of America we can do whatever we want” “Trump is a bad guy and says mean things on twitter” while Trump will run to his left on many issues and hammer him about trade and outsourcing jobs. He will bring up the 1994 crime bill and brag about releasing non-violent drug offenders of color and brag about making a deal with the taliban to end the war Biden started. God damn this is going to be a f#&%ing disaster!

And thats before he will bring up the Ukraine crap. 

And so it begins. Running to Bidens left just like he did Hillary. 2016 part 2. 
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

And so it begins. Running to Bidens left just like he did Hillary. 2016 part 2. 

has the rebranded nafta (about 99% the old nafta)  actually been ratified and is it being enforced by everyone yet?

2 hours ago, Landlord said:

the DNC hasn't cheated or anything, but I am sure there have been many conversations and decisions made by the establishment for certain candidates to stay in until __, and/or drop out at __ time, and coalesce everyone's groups together to essentially make it an unfair fight where it's ALL of the candidates vs Bernie, in a certain perspective. 

It's hard for one man to beat an establishment. They haven't done anything dirty, at least that we know about, but they have gotten the whole gang to rally around one person making it a possibly insurmountable advantage.

The party coalesced around the candidate more interested in helping the party accomplish it's stated goals than overhauling it. 

Bernie is such an intriguing person. A lot of people clearly love his unorthodoxy. But in some ways that ultimately does him a disservice. He would be an infinitely better politician if he had the guile to pick and choose when to critique the party he wants to represent and when to build bridges to bring all different types of liberals together. 

But he doesn't and he isn't. He spends too much time in attack mode and has burned bridges within the party as a result. In some ways he has to - looking to overthrow the establishment means you're going to have to draw a lot of distinctions. But then is it any surprise most of the party would prefer someone as their leader that does not offer as much criticism towards the average Democrat? 

31 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Politicians don't listen..

These guys could call the office and they'd never get in.  Money corrupts politicians...it's all they are about...they don't care any more.  This is pretty much the only way they can be heard.

I agree. I too have called and written my reps knowing I'll get some lame form letter with talking points about why they don't care back. 

Like I said, I've never served so I don't get their perspective. I hope it helped those guys feel better or whatever the goal was if they just needed to get that off their chests. But it did not look like they wanted to discuss a serious issue with him in a serious way. It seemed like they wanted to yell at him about how bad he was.

And I'm sure a lot of people feel that way about a lot of politicians.

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

Sadly. You’re probably right. 

I don't think so.

Polling consistently tell us that sizable majorities of people realize Trump is a doofus, his tweeting is inappropriate, his behavior during impeachment is recognized as misconduct, etc.

A lot of folks like specific things he's done, such as the economy doing fairly well by most metrics, no new wars, etc. But most every voter not already in Trump's camp realizes what a jacka$$ he is.

We can ignore Trump's base. They're essentially a cult at this point and they're either going to sink or swim with the ship. No one is going to convince evangelicals or MAGA rallygoers to stop supporting him. 

But in spite of the naysayers, there's a ton of very broad Trump regret in the country. And it's the single biggest unifying force in the still-forming coalition aiming to defeat him in the fall. A lot of us may disagree a lot on a lot of things. What we all have in common is the need to do better than this guy.

6 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

at media company based and subsidized in Washington?  you think a Trump voter could be hidden?  The opposite question isn't hard.  If you asked Did anyone of stature at Fox News oppose Trump?   I just name Chris Wallace, Judge Nepolitano and maybe look a few others.

7 hours ago, teachercd said:

Prediction.  Weld drops out and endorses Trump...and the crazies freak out about collusion.  

Doubtful.  Weld had no incentive to run for President other than ingratiating himself with elites in blue cities.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

at media company based and subsidized in Washington?  you think a Trump voter could be hidden?  The opposite question isn't hard.  If you asked Did anyone of stature at Fox News oppose Trump?   I just name Chris Wallace, Judge Nepolitano and maybe look a few others.

Doubtful.  Weld had no incentive to run for President other than ingratiating himself with elites in blue cities.

What does supporting Trump have to do with being liberal or conservative?  Follow up question, what does supporting Trump have to do with putting out unbiased and well sourced news?