The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

2 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Hahahaha you really want Republicans to take over completely don't you? 

What me and you have in common is we both hate the govt. Where we differ is you want to get rid of it completely which will never happen. I want to make it work for everyone and not just a few. If republicans being in charge means the dems finally start working for the people instead of their donors and special interests then yes, im in favor of burning it all down. 

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Why do you think I asked?

I already said Id vote for Biden. Because I dont like kids dying in cages. Thats the ONLY reason. But his track record with Obama and locking up people on the border and deporting more people than even Trump we will see if he actually does it. But most on the left vote

policy so no they probably wont all vote Biden. 

3 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

What me and you have in common is we both hate the govt. Where we differ is you want to get rid of it completely which will never happen. I want to make it work for everyone and not just a few. If republicans being in charge means the dems finally start working for the people instead of their donors and special interests then yes, im in favor of burning it all down. 

I don't want to get rid of it completely, but it's a necessary evil that should be limited to the minimal scope possible. I'm glad you dislike government - that's a good starting point. 

I've found that liberals tend to believe that "if we just get the exact right people running the government, it can do great things."

I used to think that.  I voted for Obama in 2008 just out of high school with that belief. Then I realized that government is going to suck no matter who is in office, so the best thing we can do is make it so it's as intrusive into our daily lives as humanly possible, and we'll all be better off

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I don't want to get rid of it completely, but it's a necessary evil that should be limited to the minimal scope possible. I'm glad you dislike government - that's a good starting point. 

I've found that liberals tend to believe that "if we just get the exact right people running the government, it can do great things."

I used to think that.  I voted for Obama in 2008 just out of high school with that belief. Then I realized that government is going to suck no matter who is in office, so the best thing we can do is make it so it's as intrusive into our daily lives as humanly possible, and we'll all be better off

The problem with that is that even though I hate govt I also hate big corporations. They screw people over as much as govt does. Its a no win situation. 

• Plus1 1

Something I’m confused at. Trump keeps claiming people who oppose him hates America and they need to suck it up and Love America like true patriots do. Then, all I hear  from his supporters is how much they hate and fear the government and want to change and tear it apart as much as possible. 

I agree whole heartedly that the government should be as small and efficient as possible. But, I wouldn’t say I HATE the government. 

Seems to me Trump and his supporters hate what America is a lot. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Something I’m confused at. Trump keeps claiming people who oppose him hates America and they need to suck it up and Love America like true patriots do. Then, all I hear  from his supporters is how much they hate and fear the government and want to change and tear it apart as much as possible. 

I agree whole heartedly that the government should be as small and efficient as possible. But, I wouldn’t say I HATE the government. 

Seems to me Trump and his supporters hate what America is a lot. 

What is this in reference to?