The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

3 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

What is this in reference to?

I thought it was pretty self explanatory. 

The people I know that Support Trump the most, agree with him that people they don’t agree with hate America. They need to stand for the flag, guns and God Gotd*mnit. 

Then, turn around and talk about how much they hate the government and want to change a hell of a lot about our Country because they are so pissed off. They even hate it so much they demand to be able to hoard guns to prepare for the inevitable war with their own country. 

The posts above just made me think about it. 

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I thought it was pretty self explanatory. 

The people I know that Support Trump the most, agree with him that people they don’t agree with hate America. They need to stand for the flag, guns and God Gotd*mnit. 

Then, turn around and talk about how much they hate the government and want to change a hell of a lot about our Country because they are so pissed off. They even hate it so much they demand to be able to hoard guns to prepare for the inevitable war with their own country. 

The posts above just made me think about it. 

I see. You're not wrong, but it's most definitely not just one sided. It's polarizing times that we live in currently. 

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I'm not sure how wrong they are to say that, but it's probably just the equivalent of calling the other side racist :dunno

Unless the other side is busy building walls to keep the Brown people out, or withholding aid to the Brown people after natural disasters, or employing White Supremacists in positions of power close to the Oval Office.

You know, like Trump is doing.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Unless the other side is busy building walls to keep the Brown people out, or withholding aid to the Brown people after natural disasters, or employing White Supremacists in positions of power close to the Oval Office.

You know, like Trump is doing.

Or you know the Birther Movement - which makes Trump a racist or a f#&%ing moron. Though the two aren't mutually exclusive. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

White supremacist seems to have a much looser definition these days... *sigh*

It's also funny how every politician for the past 50 years has railed on border security issues at the Mexico border, but Trump actually proposes a substantive solution (whether the wall is a good investment is a different discussion) and suddenly it's racist to not want people coming into the country illegally... what a joke :facepalm:

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Trump actually proposes a substantive solution

uh

16 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

(whether the wall is a good investment is a different discussion)

no, it isn't. the cost effectiveness and return on investment are both very big parts of the discussion of whether it is substantive.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

uh

no, it isn't. the cost effectiveness and return on investment are both very big parts of the discussion of whether it is substantive.

I think you missed the point. The point is, the wall is not racist... and like I said, the viability of it is a separate discussion

• Plus1 1