The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

18 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Do we know that ABC, CBS, etc hasn't looked into giving her that chance?  If there is a story, I would love to hear it in a way like you mentioned. 

My bottom line take:  I plan to cast a vote for Bernie in the NE primary.  I was going to vote for Biden, but this has made me a little nervous.

But if Biden ends up the Dem nominee, I will still without a doubt vote for him over Trump.  Why? Because one of them is going to be President, we'd "presumably" have a sex offender in the office either way, and Biden would be less of a train wreck than Trump.

We all have our ideals, but at the end of all of this we'll be given a choice between two candidates in the general election.  

I agree. Another aspect of this is why ABC, CBS, etc. aren't talking about this story or interviewing her.

16 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I agree. Another aspect of this is why ABC, CBS, etc. aren't talking about this story or interviewing her.

5 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I have a pretty good idea why they aren't and most people following the primary know it as well.

It does appear that Bernie's supporters have their minds made up on this.

Personally, I'd like to see all the evidence first.

26 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'm not a Bernie supporter by any means.  If it was Bernie vs. "normal" Republican, I'd vote "R" 100%.  But this post isn't about that, so please don't let it become that, anyone.

But this quote is eerily similar to those of Ric Flair and others that were chastised when the Ford/Kavanaugh stuff first started.

Knapp, I would love evidence too.  The same way I would have in the Kavanaugh/Trump cases.  But I also know that I had "doubts" about those two while I waited for the evidence.  I don't why or how I should approach it differently now.  

• Plus1 2
35 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I definitely don't have my mind made up on this and would like to see more evidence. But as BlitzFirst posted, I'd like to see a similar level of scrutiny from the media that we saw for Ford/Kavanaugh. We already see takes by posters in this thread that the media merely not reporting on it means that the media must think it isn't credible.

Can confirm there are corners of social media where Bernie supporters are pushing this stuff aggressively to try to hurt Biden. They did not wait for more facts or further corroboration; they hopped on it immediately because it could be used as a cudgel.

It's awful that this stuff has become weaponized. But I suppose everything is at one point or another in something as public as politics.

I'm in wait and see mode.

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I definitely don't have my mind made up on this and would like to see more evidence. But as BlitzFirst posted, I'd like to see a similar level of scrutiny from the media that we saw for Ford/Kavanaugh. We already see takes by posters in this thread that the media merely not reporting on it means that the media must think it isn't credible.

I'm not saying they do, but I'm saying they may not. It is possible major media outlets simply don't find the story credible rather than it being a MSM-wide conspiracy to bury to the story to help Biden.

Which scenario do you find more plausible?

1 minute ago, BlitzFirst said:

We didn't have a pandemic in January 2020 (or at least, the media wasn't blitzing us with it and we weren't really super concerned about covid) when allegations were posted about Biden either.  But they were a blip on the radar then just like they are now.

What allegations, exactly?

5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I'm not a Bernie supporter by any means.  If it was Bernie vs. "normal" Republican, I'd vote "R" 100%.  But this post isn't about that, so please don't let it become that, anyone.

But this quote is eerily similar to those of Ric Flair and others that were chastised when the Ford/Kavanaugh stuff first started.

Knapp, I would love evidence too.  The same way I would have in the Kavanaugh/Trump cases.  But I also know that I had "doubts" about those two while I waited for the evidence.  I don't why or how I should approach it differently now.  

Which quote? I've been consistent on this allegation as I was with the Blasey Ford/Kavanaugh allegation: I want to see evidence before making a decision.

2 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Google a bit...do your own research...it's been discussed in this thread.

Eight different women have said Biden touched them inappropriately. Biden has addressed it and apologized. None of them did what Kavanaugh's accusers did (including sworn testimony and affidavits, exposing them to criminal liability if they perjured themselves).

If we want to compare this to Kavanaugh, let's get apples next to our apples. These are not the same thing.

19 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but we didn't have a pandemic when the accusations about Kavanaugh came out.

Good point, so there won't be as much coverage due to what else is happening.

12 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I'm not saying they do, but I'm saying they may not. It is possible major media outlets simply don't find the story credible rather than it being a MSM-wide conspiracy to bury to the story to help Biden.

Which scenario do you find more plausible?

If the MSM found the story not to be credible, they could report on that or just on the facts and evidence (or lack of evidence). Or come out and report the allegations and say that they're still investigating the matter.

Do you think the MSM would have the same lack of reporting if this exact same story were about Trump or Bernie instead of Biden? I don't think it's a conspiracy, but I do think it's a bias that the MSM has for letting Biden slide on a lot of stuff. And a part of it is that the MSM can't walk and chew gum at the same time; they devote coverage to a story or event and barely cover anything else.

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Which quote? I've been consistent on this allegation as I was with the Blasey Ford/Kavanaugh allegation: I want to see evidence before making a decision.

The post I quoted.

I'm not saying you've been inconsistent.

I thought similar posts were made by Ric Flair, Dewiz, and others; I tried to go back through the treads and couldn't find any.

I know "I" was quick to support the testimony of Ford.  Maybe that was a mistake, I don't think so at the moment.  But I'd hate to ignore this new revelation then.

Just now, funhusker said:

The post I quoted.

I'm not saying you've been inconsistent.

I thought similar posts were made by Ric Flair, Dewiz, and others; I tried to go back through the treads and couldn't find any.

I know "I" was quick to support the testimony of Ford.  Maybe that was a mistake, I don't think so at the moment.  But I'd hate to ignore this new revelation then.

I'd kindly ask you not to compare me to people like that. I take an evidence-based approach to things, unlike those in your example who are obviously driven by partisan hackery. 

45 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but we didn't have a pandemic when the accusations about Kavanaugh came out.

We're also not in a race against a ticking clock before Biden is appointed to a life long position with no competition for the job.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Landlord said:

We're also not in a race against a ticking clock before Biden is appointed to a life long position with no competition for the job.

Correct. We have time to vet this situation. The convention is months away. If there's more to this story, let's find out.