TGHusker

The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

3 hours ago, commando said:

the progressives are going to vote for trump because he isn't biden...aren't they?

I come to this thread sometimes and am baffled.  

3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

More on Cuomo.  Maybe it is becoming apparent to some that - Trump, Biden, Bernie aren't the answer for the crisis we are in for all of their various reasons. 

Progressive Bernie supporters - could you support Cuomo?

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/24/andrew-cuomo-coronavirus-brokered-convention-democratic-nominee/

I like his leadership presence and presentation these past couple of weeks...and I like the fact that he is 62

33 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I like his leadership presence and presentation these past couple of weeks...and I like the fact that he is 62

The new 40 in the age of old people politics

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

The new 40 in the age of old people politics

he definitely has the young(ish), cool but tough vibe going on. And speaks in complete sentences...and didn't once bring up CornPop 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hehehehe,.....

It's easy to take people's words and twist them, edit them, and take out of context to make them seem much worse than they are.

But you just don't need to do that with Donald Trump. 

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, TGHusker said:

What do you think.  Draft Cuomo??    I mentioned to my wife the other day that Cuomo has acted and sounded much more presidential in all of this than Cheeto ( I like Knapp's new name for Trump). 

True story: at the 1880 Republican National Convention, John Sherman was one of three candidates in a tightly knit fight for the nomination. Sherman chose James Garfield to give his nominating speech because Garfield was a good speaker and generally respected across the party factions. Garfield was such a good speaker that some delegates thought he'd make a better President than any of them. They cast 35 votes that convention, each one garnering more delegates for Garfield until Garfield won the nomination. He wasn't running and really didn't want the job but became our 20th President. A guy shot him and Garfield would have survived but his doctors were idiots who caused the infections that eventually killed him. 

This could be an old-school convention if Joe Biden accumulates too much buyer's remorse. 

32 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hehehehe,.....

Eh, they're just doing what anyone who clearly isn't worried and bothered by something would do, and trying to take legal action...

9 hours ago, TGHusker said:

More on Cuomo.  Maybe it is becoming apparent to some that - Trump, Biden, Bernie aren't the answer for the crisis we are in for all of their various reasons. 

Progressive Bernie supporters - could you support Cuomo?

I disagree: Bernie IS the answer. He has been for 5 years now.

7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I disagree: Bernie IS the answer. He has been for 5 years now.

Good lord, it will be great theater if Sanders gets the nod.

But, you will also see how many people that pretend to love him, don't.