TGHusker

The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

I haven't had a chance to look into the Biden allegation yet, but the first headline I read was that the accuser tried giving the story to Time's Up, and they didn't want it.

Since their whole mission is to expose sexual assault on behalf of powerful men, that immediately made me skeptical as to the story's reliability.

1 minute ago, Frott Scost said:

Yeah, but it is important to look into. We both know if it was Trump it would be brought up. Also Kavanaugh. Sometimes people put hashtags to get the most views and get it out there, not necessarily because thats what they believe and what not. If you put the hashtag of something that is trending or something that is popular my people see it. She did say in interview she is a lifelong dem that voted Clinton and Obama and was for Warren this time around but wanted Bernie when sue dropped bc she will not vote for Biden. 

Agreed, it needs to be looked into. I just think it’s a slippery slope to shut down campaigns on unconfirmed allegations, it incentives false allegations for political gain. Hopefully a media outlet with resources can get us answers to the many questions. 

3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I haven't had a chance to look into the Biden allegation yet, but the first headline I read was that the accuser tried giving the story to Time's Up, and they didn't want it.

Since their whole mission is to expose sexual assault on behalf of powerful men, that immediately made me skeptical as to the story's reliability.

The accuser answers that in the interview also and the intercept wrote about it. 

Peanuts compared to what Trump has been accused of.  Bernie lovers need to accept and move on.  Looking for ways to bash Biden when the alternative is another four for Trump is mind boggling.  Unless, of course you prefer Trump.  In that case, bash away.  

2 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Biden sexual assault claim gaining a little traction now. Corporate media would be all over this if it was Trump or someone in the GOP. What a shame. And liberals will turn a blind eye because dems good, GOP bad. 

Told ya

Accuser: Biden literally grabbed me by the p****

Liberals: Not as bad as Trump so who cares!!

3 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Oddly enough, people are ignoring both you and I in this thread when we post this stuff on Biden :)

I guess people just don't want to discuss it.

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

4 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I guess people just don't want to discuss it.

I can only speak for myself, but I feel like others would agree that there is no point in discussing it.  

Have we actually lowered ourselves to the point of debating which candidates sexual assault is more acceptable than the other’s?

It’s not my preference or likely yours either, but the fact is it has come down to either Biden or Trump.   One is bad and the other is worse.  It’s up to everyone to decide for themselves which one is which.  So unless there’s credible accusations that Biden has done worse things than Trump allegedly has done, then all this just comes across as sour grapes from Bernie supporters.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

I can only speak for myself, but I feel like others would agree that there is no point in discussing it.  

Have we actually lowered ourselves to the point of debating which candidates sexual assault is more acceptable than the other’s?

It’s not my preference or likely yours either, but the fact is it has come down to either Biden or Trump.   One is bad and the other is worse.  It’s up to everyone to decide for themselves which one is which.  So unless there’s credible accusations that Biden has done worse things than Trump allegedly has done, then all this just comes across as sour grapes from Bernie supporters.  

The Dem primaries are still going on.

But the bigger issue is that we need to understand and hold accountable people in positions of power regardless of their party.

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The Dem primaries are still going on.

But the bigger issue is that we need to understand and hold accountable people in positions of power regardless of their party.

There’s too much momentum behind Biden at this point, so barring any major event, it’s his nomination to loose.  

I agree on your point about holding those in power accountable, but posters on HB debating accusations doesn’t accomplish this. 

18 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

no idea why they put it in their sports section

Biden thinks it is 'sporty' to touch inappropriately:dunno