The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

14 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

I tend to agree with this...there have been quite a few articles talking about another Run for Hillary or swapping Cuomo in for Biden at the DNC.

At the very least, this keeps the DNC honest.

I agree Bernie should stay in.  However, if it goes beyond 1st voting rounds, all bets are off.  The DNC could on their own open it up to other 'white knight' candidates like Cuomo. 

10 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Well MSM is reporting on both Cuomo and Clinton being possible candidates later on pushed by DNC instead of Biden (I've read at least 3 articles on this topic)...so, it's not on deep state websites or anything.

Could you post a link or two from "MSM" (why are Bernie supporters adopting conservative jargon?) so we can read them? I follow a TON of major TV & print sources, including many of the individual reporters, and I've not seen this.

13 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Well MSM is reporting on both Cuomo and Clinton being possible candidates later on pushed by DNC instead of Biden (I've read at least 3 articles on this topic)...so, it's not on deep state websites or anything.

Ahhhh....so Bernie supporters are falling in line with the MSM mantra.  let me guess.  It's all FAKE NEWS!!!!

So, you're saying the media has been pushing Cuomo as a back-door replacement for Biden at the convention. 

29 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

These are your sources from the "MSM" that push this thought. 

2 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

1st link - This is an opinion piece by some dude I've never heard of

2nd link - says nothing about Cuomo as a candidate

3rd link - this is some pie-in-the-sky supposition about Cuomo as a write-in candidate, not the DNC choosing him at the convention

4th link - another opinion piece by a guy who starts out supporting Biden

5th link - says nothing about Cuomo as a candidate. It's a logistics piece.

6th link - the National Review is a far-right publication that is not remotely "MSM

7th link - this is about Trump opining on Cuomo running, and nothing to do with your premise

8th link - Cuomo goes on record responding to Trump's comments in the above link, quashes it

Last link - says nothing about Cuomo being a candidate, just talks about the rumors

So basically none of the mainstream media you've linked is reporting that Cuomo is a possible candidate.

I think this is a Bernie-fan theory and not something anyone takes seriously. 

1 minute ago, BlitzFirst said:

Yeah if this were just a Bernie fan theory there wouldn't be any articles at all I could quote would there?

Also, I didn't say the DNC was ABSOLUTELY going to do this and that they were in print quoted as saying such or that Cuomo was absolutely going to run...your assumption that this is what I was arguing is wrong.

Opinion pieces in MSM are still in the MSM.

This is what you said:

Well MSM is reporting on both Cuomo and Clinton being possible candidates later on pushed by DNC instead of Biden

None of the articles you linked say this. Some of them say people like you are pushing this theory (and Trump).  Half the articles you linked don't even talk about Cuomo in this way. 

Remember when the press was talking about Micheal Avenatti running against Trump?  This is that kind of story. Just something to fill the time.

• Plus1 1
Just now, BlitzFirst said:

Are you daft? 

Here are some of the TITLES of the links I gave you:

"DNC should go with Cuomo for president"

"Andrew Cuomo for president? Joe Biden should make it happen."

"Former Clinton adviser predicts Democratic primary ‘write-in movement’ for Cuomo"

"Could a ‘Draft Cuomo’ Movement Be in the Democrats’ Future?"

And you think I'm making things up?  Stop being obtuse.

Did you actually read those articles?  Again, they don't say what you think they say.

Attention-grabbing headlines are just that. They are not the media reporting on a story. You have to actually read.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

It is being talked about we can agree.

Was it really so hard for you to admit it was? 

You sure went on about me being a Sanders supporter, then how I didn't even read the articles.  I was thinking next you'd have to escalate to going on about my IQ in order to dismiss me further.

I was trying to discuss it on the terms you first put forth. Then the links provided were... what they were.

Now you're making this really weird with that last paragraph and I'm sad I contributed to this tangent at all. 

• Plus1 1
43 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So, you're saying the media has been pushing Cuomo as a back-door replacement for Biden at the convention. 

These are your sources from the "MSM" that push this thought. 

1st link - This is an opinion piece by some dude I've never heard of

2nd link - says nothing about Cuomo as a candidate

3rd link - this is some pie-in-the-sky supposition about Cuomo as a write-in candidate, not the DNC choosing him at the convention

4th link - another opinion piece by a guy who starts out supporting Biden

5th link - says nothing about Cuomo as a candidate. It's a logistics piece.

6th link - the National Review is a far-right publication that is not remotely "MSM

7th link - this is about Trump opining on Cuomo running, and nothing to do with your premise

8th link - Cuomo goes on record responding to Trump's comments in the above link, quashes it

Last link - says nothing about Cuomo being a candidate, just talks about the rumors

So basically none of the mainstream media you've linked is reporting that Cuomo is a possible candidate.

I think this is a Bernie-fan theory and not something anyone takes seriously. 

I guarantee you this is not a Bernie-fan theory. Not even remotely. Bernie fans want Bernie, not Cuomo. 

Cuomo was not particularly beloved by a lot of liberal New Yorkers, either. 

But Andrew Cuomo and his handsome kid brother have been all over the TV dispensing telegenic leadership and candor on a nightly basis. Suddenly everyone watching the coronavirus unfold are saying "hey, why not this guy? He's better than  our other choices."  Some of them remember the dad, Mario, who could have walked away with the 1988 Dem nomination but chose not to.

I don't see the media pushing the story as much as reporting some wishful thinking spreading across the internet.

It's anecdotal and probably sexist, but I'm hearing a lot of ladies who like themselves the Cuomo. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Man I like Bernie and his policies but this type of BS is reminding me of MAGAs and the deep state crap. 

Eh, it's not really deep state. It's right there in broad daylight. The DNC does not want to lose the party to the Sanders faction, or any progressive wing, and will do what it can to help the more establishment candidate. There's only so much it can do. Having an emissary, possibly Obama himself, strongly encouraging Butteigeg and Klobuchar to drop out before Super Tuesday, isn't even conspiracy; it makes perfect sense. The Sanders folk really wanted Elizabeth Warren to drop out, too, presuming her votes would go to Bernie. The DNC can screw Bernie through the use of Superdelegates, which it did in 2016 and would again if necessary. So Sanders supporters are correct that the Party is out to get them. The question is whether it's thwarting the will of the voter. Given how many voters flocked to a single non-Bernie candidate when the field was narrowed for them, probably not. Given the lack of enthusiasm for Joe Biden now that he's the guy, one can imagine some really interesting backroom conversations going on at the moment. Given this unprecedented coronavirus election season, I can see a lot of weirdness still coming. 

• Plus1 1

How is Bernie getting screwed? The voters voted, Biden is winning.

Candidate Votes Percent
Biden 10,148,795 40.79%
Sanders 7,708,599 30.98%
Warren 2,480,642 9.97%
Bloomberg 2,431,370 9.77%
Buttigieg 824,954 3.32%
Klobuchar 488,877 1.96%
Steyer 253,270 1.02%
Gabbard 165,573 0.67%
Just now, Danny Bateman said:

I think you guys are getting a bit carried away with the notion he's not going to be the nominee. The prescription to low enthusiasm is not to draft another candidate, it's to go build enthusiasm.

x1000 for the bolded part

But I think you're misunderstanding the discussion about Cuomo. It's a fringe idea that Biden will drop out and somehow, someway Cuomo will end up as the nominee regardless of the voting.

4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

x1000 for the bolded part

But I think you're misunderstanding the discussion about Cuomo. It's a fringe idea that Biden will drop out and somehow, someway Cuomo will end up as the nominee regardless of the voting.

Short of a medical event I don't see that happening.

I do think a medical event isn't unlikely, whether that's for Biden, Trump, Bernie or anyone else. They're all of an age.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1