TGHusker

The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Reade now says there was more to her experience with Biden. In an interview with podcast host Katie Halper, which aired Wednesday, Reade says Biden sexually assaulted her, pushing her against a wall and penetrating her with his fingers. When she pulled away, she says, he said he thought she “liked” him.

• Thanks 1

I am far from any type of Biden supporter but the timing of this allegation is so suspect that I just can’t believe her at all. He is a very high profile person, she could’ve made these allegations at any prior time....unless this is purely politically motivated, which it is. It stinks of Trump involvement. If you believe her, I’ve got some beach front property for sale in Western Nebraska.

And for clarification, I’ve only seen it mentioned a few times in this thread. Haven’t read a single link or heard anything about it outside of this thread. And yes, I’m still 99% sure it is complete BS.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I am far from any type of Biden supporter but the timing of this allegation is so suspect that I just can’t believe her at all. He is a very high profile person, she could’ve made these allegations at any prior time....unless this is purely politically motivated, which it is. It stinks of Trump involvement. If you believe her, I’ve got some beach front property for sale in Western Nebraska.

And for clarification, I’ve only seen it mentioned a few times in this thread. Haven’t read a single link or heard anything about it outside of this thread. And yes, I’m still 99% sure it is complete BS.

She's been trying to get the story out for YEARS.  No one would report on it.  That's part of the story if you would read or listen.

2 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

She's been trying to get the story out for YEARS.  No one would report on it.  That's part of the story if you would read or listen.

I’ll do a little more listening and reading before I completely dismiss it.  But I will be very skeptical, if for no other reason, the timing of it coming out is extremely curious. And as much as I am not impressed by Biden, he just doesn’t strike me as the type to engage in that behavior. But virtually all politicians have major character flaws, so maybe there is something to it.

The Intercept broke both the allegations against Kavanaugh and the allegations against Biden, but I notice a lot of people that thought one way for Kavanaugh now think the opposite for Biden. And that's people on both sides of the aisle.

For those that want to know more, here's an interview with the accuser:

20 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The Intercept broke both the allegations against Kavanaugh and the allegations against Biden, but I notice a lot of people that thought one way for Kavanaugh now think the opposite for Biden. And that's people on both sides of the aisle.

For those that want to know more, here's an interview with the accuser:

When did she give an interview to The Intercept?

17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Sorry if I was unclear. The Intercept broke the story about Time's Up declining to fund a #metoo allegation against Biden a few days back:

TIME’S UP SAID IT COULD NOT FUND A #METOO ALLEGATION AGAINST JOE BIDEN, CITING ITS NONPROFIT STATUS AND HIS PRESIDENTIAL RUN

After that story, the show Rising had an interview with Tara Reade who is accusing Biden:

Just now, RedDenver said:

Sorry if I was unclear. The Intercept broke the story about Time's Up declining to fund a #metoo allegation against Biden a few days back:

TIME’S UP SAID IT COULD NOT FUND A #METOO ALLEGATION AGAINST JOE BIDEN, CITING ITS NONPROFIT STATUS AND HIS PRESIDENTIAL RUN

After that story, the show Rising had an interview with Tara Reade who is accusing Biden:

Has she ever given any interviews about her allegations before the last few weeks? If so, what did she say then?

18 minutes ago, knapplc said:

She reported it in 1993 when it happened.  She tried to get it out again when Biden was running...no one would run the story.

Now that Biden is the frontrunner, someone finally started listening (the intercept)

According to Law and Crime, Tara Reade was one of eight women who “previously accused Biden of sexual harassment and inappropriate touching in early 2019.” Former Nevada State senator Lucy Flores had come forward with her own allegations first. The New York Times reported that Flores alleged that Biden touched her inappropriately and kissed her “on the head during a Democratic campaign rally in 2014, when he was vice president.”

Another earlier article here from back in January when no one cared because Biden wasn't a front runner:  https://medium.com/@AlexandraTaraReade/powerful-men-and-the-women-they-choose-to-destroy-2f471fa1b2b2

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Has she ever given any interviews about her allegations before the last few weeks? If so, what did she say then?

This Vox article gives the most background info that I've seen:

A sexual assault allegation against Joe Biden has ignited a firestorm of controversy

Last year, several women came forward publicly to say Joe Biden had kissed or touched them in ways that made them uncomfortable.

One of them was Tara Reade, who said Biden used to “put his hand on my shoulder and run his finger up my neck” when she worked in his Senate office in 1993.

Reade now says there was more to her experience with Biden. In an interview with podcast host Katie Halper, which aired Wednesday, Reade says Biden sexually assaulted her, pushing her against a wall and penetrating her with his fingers. When she pulled away, she says, he said he thought she “liked” him.

I think you both know better. And I think you need to examine whether you're interested in the truth or in your belief.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think you both know better. And I think you need to examine whether you're interested in the truth or in your belief.

I think people don't want to take a look at this. And I think you need to examine whether you're interested in the truth or ignoring what's inconvenient for beating Trump.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

She got a story in the papers last year, it just happens to be a different story.

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think you need to stop thinking that 8 women bringing accounts of misconduct against a person is normal...because that's what would have to be true if you think we both know better.