The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Any more or less than saying, "You have to vote for Biden or else you're a bad person and Trump is your fault"?

I'd put that on my sig and wear it proudly the rest of my days on this site if politics were allowed outside this forum.

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I was JUST thinking about Reade.  Has any further detail come out about this? Have her witnesses spoken to the press?

EDIT - I really don't like the automerge feature on this version of the board.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I was JUST thinking about Reade.  Has any further detail come out about this? Have her witnesses spoken to the press?

EDIT - I really don't like the automerge feature on this version of the board.

Not that I know of. A quick Google revealed the latest news is Rose McGowan trashing Alyssa Milano for supporting Biden.

I'm sure there have been plenty of increasingly hacky "ZOMG the media is covering this up!" takes while the rest of us sit around and wait for any further developments.

25 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Not for me, I"m saying for other social democrats.  I've already been on record saying I'd vote Biden over Trump here.

Usually when someone wants to appeal to voters they set policies to show that the voters are being heard.  Still waiting for Bidens medicare 4 all plan...or concession that he'll explore something like it to appeal to voters who have it as their top concern.

Has Biden held any policy position that he did not change?  

12 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Not that I know of. A quick Google revealed the latest news is Rose McGowan trashing Alyssa Milano for supporting Biden.

I'm sure there have been plenty of increasingly hacky "ZOMG the media is covering this up!" takes while the rest of us sit around and wait for any further developments.

They aren't Bernie Gals? I though their image would be based on supporting the most out there candidate. 

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

from the article

In a statement, DNC Chairman Tom Perez said that states should begin mailing ballots to all registered voters, and to implement “no-excuse absentee voting” which allows voters to drop their ballots off at pre-approved sites.

4 minutes ago, commando said:

from the article

In a statement, DNC Chairman Tom Perez said that states should begin mailing ballots to all registered voters, and to implement “no-excuse absentee voting” which allows voters to drop their ballots off at pre-approved sites.

Note that Perez was against Ohio and other states delaying their primaries, which were scheduled for the next day. How the hell were they to implement these proposals in a day?

'Willfully Choosing Not to Listen to Scientists': DNC Chair Tom Perez Under Fire for Urging States to Hold Primaries Despite Coronavirus Crisis

Ignoring urgent pleas from medical professionals and other health experts to postpone primary elections amid the coronavirus outbreak, Democratic National Committee chairman Tom Perez late Tuesday encouraged states to go ahead with their scheduled contests, claiming "we can in fact have voting and protect our workers, our voters, our candidates."

"I think it's a false choice to suggest we either have to protect safety or protect and ensure our democracy," Perez said in an interview with NPR late Tuesday as voters in Arizona, Florida, and Illinois went to the polls despite widespread calls for a delay. Former Vice President Joe Biden swept all three states.

Perez urged upcoming states to make vote-by-mail available to all voters, but it is unclear whether such a solution could be implemented in short order.

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

Any more or less than saying, "You have to vote for Biden or else you're a bad person and Trump is your fault"?

I’ve never said that, I try and understand other voters tendencies and why they vote for who they do. I have just tried to lay out logical reasons on why voters prefer Biden over Sanders, because some people seem to think its impossible for people to come to that conclusion. If you think Biden would be just as disastrous to you, your family and your community as Trump - then absolutely don’t vote for Biden. I just come from the mindset both Biden and Sanders would massively better for me, my family and my community - and I’ll vote with that in mind.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Who would you prefer: Biden or Hillary?

That this is a reasonable question is exactly why I hate political parties. What's the Democratic Party's response to losing to the guy who is destined to be this country's worst president ever? Status quo. God forbid we risk any monetary gains for social gains. Throw another Obama retread out there and hope his popularity works in their favor.

Surely things will be different this time though.

• Plus1 1