Jump to content
TGHusker

The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

This was an excellent overview of this situation and incredibly fair to all parties involved. Highly recommend reading if you want the meat and potatoes of the situation.

 

 

 

 

That's an excellent run-down of what's happening with this story.  Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I mean, there is the killer flu going around...so this story will take a backseat for awhile.  

 

Ratings rule...clicks rule.  It makes sense from a business standpoint. 

 

If you want to see this story take off...wait until he is the Democratic nod.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, it's also amazing how Republicans all of a sudden are so concerned about an allegation of sexual misconduct that has been brought up from the past.  

 

Meanwhile, supporting a President who is well known for sexual assault.  He even brags about it.

 

Sorry, Republicans have absolutely zero moral high ground on this subject.

 

We were discussing the difference in media reaction to the two accusations.  Or rather, the complete lack of reaction from the media when allegations are made about their own party.  And no one who stood behind the Clinton machine for 30 years has even the medium ground.

 

5 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I agree. Another aspect of this is why ABC, CBS, etc. aren't talking about this story or interviewing her.

 

They are main stream media who will back the DNC candidate.  Far more interesting is whether Fox News gives her air time.  The Biden camp may not be able to play the No Access to the White House if you run it card because the Ds have already blackballed Fox from the primaries and wouldn't be offering much during the general. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

We were discussing the difference in media reaction to the two accusations.  Or rather, the complete lack of reaction from the media when allegations are made about their own party.  And no one who stood behind the Clinton machine for 30 years has even the medium ground.

BS.

 

The "Media" reported very heavily on all the Clinton investigations and impeachment including both Bill and Hillary.  

 

The only reason you're not seeing as much reporting on this is because of the pandemic.  For some reason, thousands of people dying from a disease takes people's attention.  However, it has been reported.  If it hadn't been, none of us would have heard anything about it.


Question for you.  Do you think sexual assault should be a disqualified for someone holding the oval office?

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

 

We were discussing the difference in media reaction to the two accusations.  Or rather, the complete lack of reaction from the media when allegations are made about their own party.  And no one who stood behind the Clinton machine for 30 years has even the medium ground.

 

 

They are main stream media who will back the DNC candidate.  Far more interesting is whether Fox News gives her air time.  The Biden camp may not be able to play the No Access to the White House if you run it card because the Ds have already blackballed Fox from the primaries and wouldn't be offering much during the general. 

I'm not sure if this can be overstated.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

BS.

 

The "Media" reported very heavily on all the Clinton investigations and impeachment including both Bill and Hillary.  

 

The only reason you're not seeing as much reporting on this is because of the pandemic.  For some reason, thousands of people dying from a disease takes people's attention.  However, it has been reported.  If it hadn't been, none of us would have heard anything about it.


Question for you.  Do you think sexual assault should be a disqualified for someone holding the oval office?

Do you mean a conviction or an accusation?  

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

I also asked because this most recent allegation is wildly different from any of the past ones. And the change in this story came within the past few weeks.

 

The specific allegations matter. It's not intellectually honest to toss them all in the same bag and use it to call Biden a rapist.

Nit pick: her story changed back in January when Biden looked like he was going to lose.

 

I agree with your other points though.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Nit pick: her story changed back in January when Biden looked like he was going to lose.

 

I agree with your other points though.

 

I don't really have a problem with peoples stories changing a bit, I think that is normal.  I remember most things very well but I have not really been in a situation that is comparable to something like that.

 

I actually think I would be more worried if the story didn't change a bit...it would seem very scripted.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

 

"SKDKnickerbocker, the firm that Time's Up hires to do PR support for their legal cases, was founded by Anita Dunn, who is an adviser to Joe Biden. This fact has attracted the attention of many pro-Sanders people on social media who are eager to sense an "establishment" conspiracy, which is understandable. But considering the multiple reasons that Time's Up had to say no to Reade before involving the PR side — she has no legal representation, she's not suing anyone and the whole story could potentially be interpreted as electioneering — there's no reason to believe that Dunn ran interference to quell Reade's story."

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

"SKDKnickerbocker, the firm that Time's Up hires to do PR support for their legal cases, was founded by Anita Dunn, who is an adviser to Joe Biden. This fact has attracted the attention of many pro-Sanders people on social media who are eager to sense an "establishment" conspiracy, which is understandable. But considering the multiple reasons that Time's Up had to say no to Reade before involving the PR side — she has no legal representation, she's not suing anyone and the whole story could potentially be interpreted as electioneering — there's no reason to believe that Dunn ran interference to quell Reade's story."

I'm gonna add another quote because it describes exactly how I feel about the situation, 

"Some Sanders supporters are lobbing wild accusations of a cover-up by the mainstream media and Time's Up for not publicizing Reade's story. In turn, some Biden supporters are being reckless — whether by assuming Reade is lying, or by spreading ridiculous conspiracy theories about her, or both. No doubt some folks on either side of the political divide would be reacting the same way no matter what, but the situation has been made significantly worse because of the slipshod manner in which Reade's allegations were reported and released."

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

"SKDKnickerbocker, the firm that Time's Up hires to do PR support for their legal cases, was founded by Anita Dunn, who is an adviser to Joe Biden. This fact has attracted the attention of many pro-Sanders people on social media who are eager to sense an "establishment" conspiracy, which is understandable. But considering the multiple reasons that Time's Up had to say no to Reade before involving the PR side — she has no legal representation, she's not suing anyone and the whole story could potentially be interpreted as electioneering — there's no reason to believe that Dunn ran interference to quell Reade's story."

 

droids.jpeg.2ffc5f17c782d10c3fdc2b607c7e6c33.jpeg

 

 

7 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I'm gonna add another quote because it describes exactly how I feel about the situation, 

"Some Sanders supporters are lobbing wild accusations of a cover-up by the mainstream media and Time's Up for not publicizing Reade's story. In turn, some Biden supporters are being reckless — whether by assuming Reade is lying, or by spreading ridiculous conspiracy theories about her, or both. No doubt some folks on either side of the political divide would be reacting the same way no matter what, but the situation has been made significantly worse because of the slipshod manner in which Reade's allegations were reported and released."

 

Yeah, this is all pretty much Reade's fault.

 

</s>

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...