The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

56 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

this is unfortunately most likely accurate :angry:

Yep. Hunter Biden was always going to be something they tried to use against him.

The question is whether enough people will buy it. There was a significant base of people who already believed the worst about Hillary including that they literally had a hit list of their enemies. Comey was seen largely as an apolitical head of the FBI when he disrupted the election two weeks out.

There is no comparable base of people who view Biden similarly outside of the GOP. Barr is seen as an explicitly Republican operative by a lot of people. I think such an effort would probably be fairly easy to sidestep for Biden by simply calling it the trumped-up political hit job it would be.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

This is interesting, and should make our Bernie supporters that much happier, since the concern was that Biden wasn't reaching this demographic.

I like these polls because they support a couple things I already believed: That Biden would be a formidable opponent in the small handful of states that decide our elections and that even Sanders was not likely to inspire the unprecedented youth turnout that would be required to outweigh his relative weakness with the olds. Obviously all campaigns should try to appeal to young voters but counting on them as a key coalition that could paper over weakness with likelier voter blocs was always a bad idea, IMO.

I think cautiously optimistic is the right mindset right now.

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Trump is going to have some shenanigans before the election, we all know that. So Biden just has to not completely screw up and hope that there's no crazy late development like the Comey Letter that sinks him.

I still can't believe that the Dems put up a nominee who was under an FBI investigation. That was always a recipe for disaster.

Something like that, definitely. But I think they'll be shocked how little the voting public cares about the Burisma/Hunter stuff.  Pretty much everyone regards that as a nothingburger.

I think Trump's campaign will highlight Hunter's activities in China and less on the Burisma stuff. Not sure how the voters will react.

What would stick is something with video, like Biden assaulting someone (like Reade, although we know there's no video there). I'd also be watchful for a deep fake.

I think releasing real or faked docs from the archives about whether Reade filed a complaint at the time would be damaging, though not as much as a video.

2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Yep. Hunter Biden was always going to be something they tried to use against him.

The question is whether enough people will buy it.

Danny not sure what you mean by buy it...it is true, Burisma really did pay Hunter $50k a month to sit on their board. Its a bullsh*t perk of having a US Vice Prez for a father.

My chagrin is that Trumps kids are currently enjoying the same slimy perks (even Don Jrs new girlfriend...wtf) and everyone seems to overlook that, but Hunter Biden is going to be a "...yuge" part of Trumps home stretch run

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Danny not sure what you mean by buy it...it is true, Burisma really did pay Hunter $50k a month to sit on their board. Its a bullsh*t perk of having a US Vice Prez for a father.

My chagrin is that Trumps kids are currently enjoying the same slimy perks (even Don Jrs new girlfriend...wtf) and everyone seems to overlook that, but Hunter Biden is going to be a "...yuge" part of Trumps home stretch run

I'm guessing @Danny Bateman is talking about the narrative that Ukraine was investigating Burisma (and Hunter) and that's why Joe "single-handedly" got them to fire the prosecutor.   None of that is true...

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Don't mind the smell boys, thats just desperation. Let's all look to the opinion of America's favorite terrorist!

Okay.  Let's play the Jr's game of equating the two scenarios.  Is he saying that the only reason Putin wanted Trump to be President is because he's unqualified and will lead the nation into crisis???  Also, I'm pretty sure many Trumpers think a relationship with Putin and Russia is a "good thing", would they also think a relationship with Bin Laden and Al Queda would be good???

These people are pretty stupid!

19 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Yep...it's a perk.  It's slimy but still haven't had anyone tell me what laws were broken.

15 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I'm guessing @Danny Bateman is talking about the narrative that Ukraine was investigating Burisma (and Hunter) and that's why Joe "single-handedly" got them to fire the prosecutor.   None of that is true...

Yeah...an interesting thing that gets twisted by the Hunter conspiracy theorists is, Joe (not single handedly) got the prosecutor fired because he actually WASN'T investigating Burisma.  It's something that doesn't fit into their conspiracy, so they conveniently just change the fact and keep saying it.  You say it enough and people start to believe it.

5 hours ago, commando said:

Barr will bring charges against hunter  a week or 2 before the election 

For what?  Justice would be simultaneous indictments of Comey, Paige, Clapper, and Brennan. And then the media would have to look at how the Obama-Biden government violated the rights of the people for a living. 

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep...it's a perk.  It's slimy but still haven't had anyone tell me what laws were broken.

Yeah...an interesting thing that gets twisted by the Hunter conspiracy theorists is, Joe (not single handedly) got the prosecutor fired because he actually WASN'T investigating Burisma.  It's something that doesn't fit into their conspiracy, so they conveniently just change the fact and keep saying it.  You say it enough and people start to believe it.

I

It's funny how people will actually believe you're version of the tale that makes no sense on it's face.  I told the Ukranian President "you have 6 hours to start investigating my son or you don't get a billion dollars!"

22 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

It's funny how people will actually believe you're version of the tale that makes no sense on it's face.  I told the Ukranian President "you have 6 hours to start investigating my son or you don't get a billion dollars!"

Qanon is convincing isn't it.

It's difficult when the facts don't meet your conspiracy theory.