The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I'm hearing a lot of people pointing out that Hunter Biden, WENT TO LAW SCHOOL :koolaid2:

But no one is alleging that Hunter was Burisma's lawyer.  I haven't heard if Hunter even tried a case. 

He was hired to consult on legal issues so I'd say his experience as a lawyer is relevant. 

Hunter Biden Burisma is the new But Her Emails.

Think how much those emails have impacted the last four years of your life. That's how much anything Trumpists bring up about Hunter Biden Burisma is going to impact the next four years.

It's a troll.  You let yourself be trolled four years ago.  Don't fall for it again.

• Plus1 1

Per CNN, Tara Reade's mom called Larry King in 1993.

This is what Ms. Reade says her mother said.

In a "Larry King Live" segment that aired on August 11, 1993, on CNN, an unnamed woman calls in to the show with her location identified on the screen as San Luis Obispo, California. The show was about the cutthroat nature of Washington, DC, politics and media.

"Yes, hello. I'm wondering what a staffer would do besides go to the press in Washington?" she asks. "My daughter has just left there after working for a prominent senator, and could not get through with her problems at all, and the only thing she could have done was go to the press, and she chose not to do it out of respect for him."

Larry King responds: "In other words, she had a story to tell but out of respect for the person she worked for, she didn't tell it?"
"That's true," the caller says.

The woman does not mention sexual assault or harassment, nor does she describe in any detail what "problems" she might be referring to. Her daughter's name and Biden are also not mentioned.

In a phone interview with CNN Friday night, Reade told CNN that she is certain the voice in the video belongs to her mother, Jeanette Altimus, who died a few years ago.

"I've been crying because I haven't heard my mom's voice in a few years. So it's been a little emotional," Reade said. "I miss her. I miss her voice."

4 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

This is an edit but let me make clear I don't think you are swayed by left wing media because you are using Rueters as a source, I think you are being swayed by left wing media because you are making this point that you have never made before despite this being discussed many times over here. That Rueters article has probably been posted on here 5 other times and you never pulled this conclusion before. But now Hunter was unqualified and they were just hiring him for his name which is something that is wrong and Bidens won't do anything to fix. Hmmm

The Reuters article doesn't refute what I'm saying, but if you think it does, by all means explain. I think Hunter Biden was hired based 99% on his name based on the nature of when he was hired and for what position based on his previous experience. It's not like lawyers are rare and there are millions of other candidate, many of which were already practicing law in the oil and gas industry.

It's not that my opinion has really change, it was that I didn't bring it up when most of the discussion was about Joe Biden and the Trump team making stuff up. And it's not just that I think the Bidens won't do anything about it - neither will the Trumps, Clintons, Obamas, Bushes, Bloombergs, etc., etc.

2 hours ago, Landlord said:

It's not difficult to legislate; it's impossible to legislate. Hunter Biden's name and father are part of him and his sell/draw as an individual, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that (laws only work towards inherent properties; laws do not work in the realm of subjectivity/context/motivation), nor is there a practical way to forbid it that isn't completely unconstitutional.

At my work, neither I nor my family can give or receive gifts from government officials either domestic or foreign if I am involved in any dealings that could affect those officials or their government. If that were to happen, I'd be removed from the deal or project and possibly face additional penalties up to and including termination. That's not written in law, but it gives at least some idea of how these things could be regulated.

16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Hunter Biden Burisma is the new But Her Emails.

Think how much those emails have impacted the last four years of your life. That's how much anything Trumpists bring up about Hunter Biden Burisma is going to impact the next four years.

It's a troll.  You let yourself be trolled four years ago.  Don't fall for it again.

It's a good point. I'm trying to push back on the idea that what Hunter Biden did was totally fine, but I get that I'm beating a dead horse at this point and I'll let it go.

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Per CNN, Tara Reade's mom called Larry King in 1993.

This is what Ms. Reade says her mother said.

Note that Tara Reade said that her mother called Larry King in the first interview she did with Katie Halper. While the content of the  recording doesn't really tell us anything, finding the recording lends additional evidence to her credibility.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Note that Tara Reade said that her mother called Larry King in the first interview she did with Katie Halper. While the content of the  recording doesn't really tell us anything, finding the recording lends additional evidence to her credibility.

I think the content of the recording tells us volumes. That's not the question of a mother who was told her daughter had been sexually assaulted.

• Plus1 1
Just now, knapplc said:

I think the content of the recording tells us volumes. That's not the question of a mother who was told her daughter had been sexually assaulted.

Calling into a national broadcast? Are you sure? While I don't think it makes the case for Reade, I also don't buy your conclusion on it either.

4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

It's a good point. I'm trying to push back on the idea that what Hunter Biden did was totally fine, but I get that I'm beating a dead horse at this point and I'll let it go.

I mean, if you're not OK with what Hunter Biden did that's fine, but there are three Trump children doing this exact thing x 1,000 in this country right now. In our government, not in a private business.

Right now.

Why aren't we talking about that?

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Calling into a national broadcast isn't evidence of rape unless you want it to be.

I didn't say it was, in fact explicitly said it wasn't:

9 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Calling into a national broadcast? Are you sure? While I don't think it makes the case for Reade, I also don't buy your conclusion on it either.

But it also isn't evidence that it wasn't rape, which is what you claimed.

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I mean, if you're not OK with what Hunter Biden did that's fine, but there are three Trump children doing this exact thing x 1,000 in this country right now. In our government, not in a private business.

Right now.

Why aren't we talking about that?

Yes, the Trump kids are doing much worse than Hunter Biden. By all means let's talk about them.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Yup.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

That's not the question of a mother who was told her daughter had been sexually assaulted.

Disagree.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

What crime was committed again?

Why did Biden stop the investigation?  Perhaps Trump should make a phone call.\

3 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Yes, the Trump kids are doing much worse than Hunter Biden. By all means let's talk about them.

Really?  which foreign companies hired them for do-nothing jobs on their stellar resumes?

• Haha 2