The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

3 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Toxic. Insulting Southerners for beimg proud of their flawed grandparents is just another form of prejudice.  Notice that every reason the liberals give for discriminating against the Confederate flag applied equally to the flag with 50 Stars.  It's no wonder the 'protests against police brutality' quickly morphed into a dangerous witch hunt against anyone not part of the mob.

f#ck those traitors.

• Plus1 3

Great ad by Republicans against Trump.  They use sen Graham's previous praise of Biden and his previous words of disdain against Trump to draw the contrast.

“Republican Voters Against Trump” released a new ad on Friday bringing to light old compliments given to Former Vice President Joe Biden by South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham.

In 2015, Graham said, “What is Donald Trump’s campaign about? He’s a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot. You want to know how to make America great again? Tell Donald Trump to go to hell.”

The RVAT Ad goes on to include Graham’s former effusive praise of Biden’s character, made by before Trump won the presidency, in which he says the former VP was “as good a man as God ever created.”

“If you can’t admire Joe Biden as a person, there’s probably, you got a problem. You need to do some self-evaluation, because what’s not to like?”

Graham continues saying, “He is as good a man as God ever created. He said some of the most incredibly heartfelt things that anybody could ever say to me. He’s the nicest person I think I’ve ever met politics.”   The ad ends with Graham calling on Republican voters to reject Trump adding, “This is a defining moment in the future of the Republican Party. We have to reject this demagoguery. And if we don’t reject Donald Trump, we’ve lost the moral authority, in my view, to govern this great nation.”

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/lindsey-graham-praises-joe-biden-trashes-trump-in-brutal-ad-featuring-past-comments/

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Fort Benning is named after Henry L. Benning, a brigadier general in the Confederate States Army during the Civil War. Here's a quote from Henry Benning's speech to the Virginia Convention, February 18, 1861:

Tell us again about who's toxic.

Anyone who judges an entire nation based on their worst attributes, the XYZists that liberals used to say they opposed.

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

I've never used twitter so I'm not sure how it works but isn't there some way to delete old tweets? There should be someone on his staff who's full time job it is to check his old tweets against current dumb s#!t he says. 

There is but there's also The Way Back Machine.

• Plus1 1

Average margin for swing states with at least 3 polls since May 1.

STATE NUMBER OF POLLS BIDEN TRUMP AVERAGE MARGIN
Texas 3 46.4% 47.9% R+1.5
Georgia 4 45.3 46.3 R+1.0
Pennsylvania 3 46.5 46.4 D+0.1
North Carolina 8 45.6 45.1 D+0.5
Florida 6 47.5 45.0 D+2.5
Arizona 5 46.5 43.2 D+3.3
Wisconsin 5 47.8 41.5 D+6.2
Michigan 8 49.8 42.2 D+7.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-latest-swing-state-polls-look-good-for-biden/

4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Average margin for swing states with at least 3 polls since May 1.

STATE NUMBER OF POLLS BIDEN TRUMP AVERAGE MARGIN
Texas 3 46.4% 47.9% R+1.5
Georgia 4 45.3 46.3 R+1.0
Pennsylvania 3 46.5 46.4 D+0.1
North Carolina 8 45.6 45.1 D+0.5
Florida 6 47.5 45.0 D+2.5
Arizona 5 46.5 43.2 D+3.3
Wisconsin 5 47.8 41.5 D+6.2
Michigan 8 49.8 42.2 D+7.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-latest-swing-state-polls-look-good-for-biden/

Wow, this looks closer than I would have thought.

13 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Anyone who judges an entire nation based on their worst attributes, the XYZists that liberals used to say they opposed.

I'm judging the Confederacy based on their main defining trait: they seceded in order to prevent the end of slavery. And I used the words of their own general to show how toxic they were.

• Plus1 4

Tulsa World editorial -   Trump should cancel the campaign event in Tulsa.  A lot of good points and one obvious observation - Trump gains nothing electorally by holding it in Tulsa.  He'll win the state and the majority of voters - yet he will place the city at a great disadvantage -

1.  increase Covid -19 spread  - we are on the rise since re-opening

2. cost to an already very strained city budget

3. racial tension - the timing is terrible as mentioned before

All of this and the timing really makes me suspect of his motives in picking Tulsa at this time.

Wrong Time, Wrong Place

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Tulsa World editorial -   Trump should cancel the campaign event in Tulsa.  A lot of good points and one obvious observation - Trump gains nothing electorally by holding it in Tulsa.  He'll win the state and the majority of voters - yet he will place the city at a great disadvantage -

1.  increase Covid -19 spread  - we are on the rise since re-opening

2. cost to an already very strained city budget

3. racial tension - the timing is terrible as mentioned before

All of this and the timing really makes me suspect of his motives in picking Tulsa at this time.

Wrong Time, Wrong Place

That and the anti trans s#!t during pride month.

9 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

That and the anti trans s#!t during pride month.

Well,  I think it is all "code messaging'.    While the scheduling seems 'clueless' as if the 3 stooges were doing it, I think it is planned with a purpose of sending a message.  Steven Miller is behind it and we know what kind of bigot he is.  You don't pick Tulsa for a 'come back' rally on the day of the Juneteenth celebration,  you don't pick Tulsa during the year of the 100 aniv of the race massacre without trying to send a message.  Trump has nothing to gain in Tulsa - other than to send a message.  He could have picked OKC - bigger city & state capital - if he just wanted to 'award' this red state with his presence.   

The same is true about your quote.   Trump is a bigot and he will send his messages in any way possible. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I'm judging the Confederacy based on their main defining trait: they seceded in order to prevent the end of slavery. And I used the words of their own general to show how toxic they were.

Then you should judge America for seceding to take over the Indian land.  And everyone else in history because the civilization we have isn't the one you want. 

6 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Well,  I think it is all "code messaging'.    While the scheduling seems 'clueless' as if the 3 stooges were doing it, I think it is planned with a purpose of sending a message.  Steven Miller is behind it and we know what kind of bigot he is.  You don't pick Tulsa for a 'come back' rally on the day of the Juneteenth celebration,  you don't pick Tulsa during the year of the 100 aniv of the race massacre without trying to send a message.  Trump has nothing to gain in Tulsa - other than to send a message.  He could have picked OKC - bigger city & state capital - if he just wanted to 'award' this red state with his presence.   

The same is true about your quote.   Trump is a bigot and he will send his messages in any way possible. 

Like you had heard "Juneteenth" before it became another rock to throw at President Trump.