The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

22 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Has anyone ever gone to one of these things?  Like, for any politician.  I could not imagine how lame and bored you would have to be to want to attend one of these things. 

I went once... for Kerry of all people. We stood outside for like 4 hours in 30 degree weather until they finally got on stage, and for the 20 min speech his trillionaire wife stood up there like looking like she was truly suffering. Ended up voting for Nader, not because of his wife acting like a baby, but I don't really remember why.

Actually some memories are coming back now. I think I was trying to get the name of my favorite band on TV. Ended up getting my hand on TV... my proudest moment.

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I went once... for Kerry of all people. We stood outside for like 4 hours in 30 degree weather until they finally got on stage, and for the 20 min speech his trillionaire wife stood up there like looking like she was truly suffering. Ended up voting for Nader, not because of his wife acting like a baby, but I don't really remember why.

Actually some memories are coming back now. I think I was trying to get the name of my favorite band on TV. Ended up getting my hand on TV... my proudest moment.

Hahah!  Is his wife the ketchup lady?

What band?  You have to tell us!

6 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I've been to Bernie rally's at the beginning of the year.  Thousands upon thousands of people were there...truly amazing turnout for him and the crowds were buzzing with energy.  One of the most interesting things I've been to.

And then...and then the D's f#&%ed him over.  

Doesn't really matter much now because Trump has fallen apart but Sanders Vs. Trump would have been great TV.

Just now, BlitzFirst said:

Yeah, I'm sad he didn't get it but the way the world is moving we'll be closer to his progressive ideas in the next 2 elections...so I'm glad he pushed things in the right direction.

Hopefully someone youngish will step up in his place.

• Plus1 2