The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

And then...and then the D's f#&%ed him over.  

Doesn't really matter much now because Trump has fallen apart but Sanders Vs. Trump would have been great TV.

I think the Ds screwed him over in 2016, I don't think that was the case in 2020. The Sanders campaign developed a "us against them" strategy that worked really well when the field was large. They banked on Klobochar and Pete to stay in the race despite not polling well.

Once the field inevitably shrunk, the Sanders campaign fell apart. 

13 hours ago, funhusker said:

A more apt analogy would be "would you be okay if your neighbor wanted to plug his printer into your electrical outlet to print off racist flyers?"  If you're okay with that, it's your right.  However, I'd tell my neighbor to GTFO, and I would feel 100% okay with that.

These people have the right to build their own websites and print hateful rhetoric with electricity they pay for.  They aren't guaranteed the the use of someone else's assets. 

I don't see that analogy unless your outlet was a virtual monopoly, that no one could print pamphlets without going through your door.  

7 hours ago, teachercd said:

Has anyone ever gone to one of these things?  Like, for any politician.  I could not imagine how lame and bored you would have to be to want to attend one of these things. 

I ushered a Sarah Palin rally on a high school football field.  It took hours for everyone to file in through a metal detector.  Yet there were plenty of houses around the field and it didn't appear that the Secret Service occupied any of them.  And I don't recall a word of her stump speech.  So I struggle to relate to people that have so much time on their hands that they'll mull around for poltiics.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’ll admit...I’m surprised the arena wasn’t full. I thought a rally like this in a Trump loving red state would have been more popular. 

maybe his support is even lower than I thought. 

Maybe a few more of his supporters are taking a wait and see approach on Covid-19 than people/Trump believed. I just wish they would ignore him on all of the other issues as well. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I am proud of my fellow Tulsans who did NOT show up for this event.  I am proud of the Oklahoman's who did not fill the arena. 

The local news reporters commented on how quickly the arena emptied after the event - I understand why - it was half full.  There were more people in the arena for a Harlem Globetrotters event a few years back than for this.  

I was at a family event when this was going on and didn't see any of the live broadcast including the speech.  I was more amazed by the energy I saw on the news after the event for the Juneteeth celebration that was going on at the same time --  a large group of Juneteeth celebrants marched from the BOK center to the Greenwood District (the area that was burned in the Race Massacre 99 years ago.)  Once there-  a big party was going on.  I think they all knew that the peaceful demonstration, the lack of any YUGE crowd at the trump rally plus the big turnout at the Juneteeth 2 day event had given them a 'moral victory' of sorts over racism.  To think the campaign flop occurred in my very red state of Oklahoma was very satisfying to me but should make the trump campaign very fearful of the pending election results.   No mater how they spin it, you cannot deny the facts - this was a YUGE fail on their end, an embarrassment, and a HUGE sign that Americans a stepping up to remove this cancer from its political body.  Before we can heal, we must remove the thing causing the disease.  Surgery is scheduled for the first Tuesday in November.

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, knapplc said:

Honestly. The pandemic is a liberal hoax.

Is he wearing a mask out of irony?

Looks like he’s making some political statement.  I can see it being from either side.   Quite a photo.  

Uh, no. No it's not. Trump's a snowflake who got upset that a bunch of Twitters made fun of him, and then he decided to draw attention to it. It's similar to when he can't handle an SNL skit. He's a giant baby. This stuff only gets covered by the news media after he reacts to it.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1