The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

You think his speech at Mount Rushmore brings people together to vote for him?

Yes.

I just read an ABC article about how the speech 'alienated moderate voters' but proceeded to do nothing but quote pundits saying Trump alienated moderate voters :blink:.  If polls showed that moderate swing voters wanted statues removed, flags banned, dead Presidents banished then we would be inundated with the numbers.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
30 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Yes.

I just read an ABC article about how the speech 'alienated moderate voters' but proceeded to do nothing but quote pundits saying Trump alienated moderate voters :blink:.  If polls showed that moderate swing voters wanted statues removed, flags banned, dead Presidents banished then we would be inundated with the numbers.

Did you listen to what he said?  And really think that’s going to bring America together?

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree. Trump has no ability to bring us together. 

And, it will be disastrous if he refuses to accept he lost. 

with Trump and the current crop of Republicans i keep thinking of this

I consider it completely unimportant who in the party will vote, or how; but what is extraordinarily important is this — who will count the votes, and how.”  Joseph Stalin

• Plus1 2

29 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The retweets of this are pretty funny because everyone knows what a snowflake Trump is.  This has to drive him crazy.

The people at the Lincoln Project totally understand Trump and how to play on his fears.   I appreciate all they are doing. 

• Plus1 1
54 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The retweets of this are pretty funny because everyone knows what a snowflake Trump is.  This has to drive him crazy.

I was just going to post the same thing - this has got to get under Donald's skin big time

21 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe this should also be in the Republican Utopia thread. 

The Blue 'leaning states' will push Biden over the top. Penn, Wisc, Mich - I think will for sure go Biden's way.   Even if he doesn't get NC's 15 votes, he still will be at 272 - & that spells "Bingo!".   I also think Florida flips this year. Trump barely won it last time.  A lot of seniors are turning from Trump be cause of Trump's no/slow/poor response to Covid19.  If Florida flips, it is all over - doesn't matter what happens in all of the other 'toss up states'.   For Texas to be in play says a lot about trump's chance the same is true of Ariz and Utah which was deep red before.  Nevada is suffering because of Covid and it is in play.  Trump's safe and likely states - no big states involved. just a bunch of us mostly midwest states - wt a lot of land but few people.