The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

11 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

image.png.e41337704453d0b783f462bb1f4d7d5b.png

My wife use to organize bingo games at the Cancer Treatment Center of Tulsa years ago.  Patients come from all over the USA and are there for weeks.  Our 2 sons were young and they helped us. We had several different ministries & stores that offered gifts for the Bingo game winners.  I would call out the numbers.  Our favorite number was B9 ........  Think it though -as  to why we would applaud that number each time it was called. 

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

My wife use to organize bingo games at the Cancer Treatment Center of Tulsa years ago.  Patients come from all over the USA and are there for weeks.  Our 2 sons were young and they helped us. We had several different ministries & stores that offered gifts for the Bingo game winners.  I would call out the numbers.  Our favorite number was B9 ........  Think it though -as  to why we would applaud that number each time it was called. 

I get it

12 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

apropos at a cancer treatment center, for sure  

• Plus1 1

On 7/6/2020 at 5:03 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Did you listen to what he said?  And really think that’s going to bring America together?

I understand if you didn't bother with Biden's 4th of July 'address.'  It amounted to: This is a racist country and you should be ashamed.  You know he means it, a Trump placed saboteur couldn't write more depressing lines for Biden.

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....if he doesn’t agree to these Bernie bros aren’t going to vote for Biden?

The title has "recommendations" in the name, "Bernie bros" isn't really a thing, and there doesn't seem to be near as much talk of Sanders voters not voting for Biden lately.

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

The title has "recommendations" in the name, "Bernie bros" isn't really a thing, and there doesn't seem to be near as much talk of Sanders voters not voting for Biden lately.

I doubt Biden does any of the recommendations. He'll say some vague stuff and then conveniently forget all about that after the election. The task forces were just a quick way to for Biden to not have to directly challenge Bernie's policies in order to smooth things over.

Just now, RedDenver said:

I doubt Biden does any of the recommendations. He'll say some vague stuff and then conveniently forget all about that after the election. The task forces were just a quick way to for Biden to not have to directly challenge Bernie's policies in order to smooth things over.

I think he’ll do some minor stuff but nothing that makes a big difference. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....if he doesn’t agree to these Bernie bros aren’t going to vote for Biden?

I actually think in a lot of regards we need a combo of Biden and Bernies ideas. We were never going to power the US on renewables alone. Biden is open to Nuclear, we will need Nuclear to supplement renewables to become carbon free. Glad AOC left the door open on that one.

8 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I actually think in a lot of regards we need a combo of Biden and Bernies ideas. We were never going to power the US on renewables alone. Biden is open to Nuclear, we will need Nuclear to supplement renewables to become carbon free. Glad AOC left the door open on that one.

You're right.  If we are going to be carbon free, we need nuclear.  Renewables are great, but no way can they power everything in the US 24-7.  I actually think being "carbon free" is a pipe dream.  We can greatly reduce it, but I can't see us ever being 100% off carbon energy sources.