The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

There's not much solid evidence that a cloth mask mandate would slow or stop the spread of covid.  It is actually moot since masks sold out at the beginning of the spread.

Hi Joe,

To your first sentence, that was partially one of my motives when I said:

"Not because I like the idea as it pertains to my personal political leanings on the legality of such a thing but for science; I'd like to see how the U.S. numbers do/don't change if every single person is walking around with a mask on."

A lot of what I've said today on this topic boils down to this: Donald's going to probably get roasted by Biden by late summer for not pumping masks. Assuming he wants to be reelected, going against the grain of the guy appointed to represent the country during a pandemic (Fauci) is kind of a dumb play.

As to your second sentence, definitely a good point for sure. Something that I have a feeling most hardcore anti-Trumpers don't really want to entertain (prove me wrong, P&R Faithful!). Thing is, it's kind of a hard topic to tackle anyway though because we can't concretely say when enough masks would have been available for "the whole country." Unless anybody has any info on that topic - I'm interested in learning!

45 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Ah yes my favorite documentary.

You know what's sad? The History Channel will play episode after episode of "Ancient Aliens". But they won't touch "The Patriot"...

Why do some people actually think they deserve to be taken seriously?  @Notre Dame Joe, again change the approach.  Present real facts, facts are observable.  We can't deny facts.  We will be more than happy to discuss context of the facts.  

Welp....see ya later!

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, funhusker said:

You know what's sad? The History Channel will play episode after episode of "Ancient Aliens". But they won't touch "The Patriot"...

Why do some people actually think they deserve to be taken seriously?  @Notre Dame Joe, again change the approach.  Present real facts, facts are observable.  We can't deny facts.  We will be more than happy to discuss context of the facts.  

Welp....see ya later!

I am guessing that movie would cost them a ton to air.  Buying the rights to a Mel Gibson flick has got to be pricey.  No matter how lame of a movie it is.