The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

12 minutes ago, funhusker said:

How the f#&% does your brain work?  This isn't normal, man.

edit: your posts outside of the P&R forum seem to be solid and based in reality.  Yet, when you come here it's like a different poster.  Do you think you are getting under everyone's skin?  Do you think you are "owning" people here?  Most rational posters in the P&R forum have written your posts off as opinions not worth listening to.  Are you seriously entertained by strangers thinking your an idiot? I really don't get it.  

He's a troll, man. A smart one, but a troll nonetheless. Most post in here is devised to rile folks up. It's best to not get too worked up about it. 

On a broader level a lot of politics has devolved into a perpetual game of gotchas and dunking on people and it's pretty mindless and sad.

• Plus1 4

45 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

He's a troll, man. A smart one, but a troll nonetheless. Most post in here is devised to rile folks up. It's best to not get too worked up about it. 

On a broader level a lot of politics has devolved into a perpetual game of gotchas and dunking on people and it's pretty mindless and sad.

I’m not worked up in the slightest. I Really am curious why trolls do what they do.  I mean some do it to make people laugh. Some do it to point out hypocrisy. Some just look silly.

The silly ones intrigue me.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

If you want to help, make a specific point, or ask a question that has an answer.  A lot of posts directed at me here are just a tweet, or a web link without any quoted text.  The question is just a broad @NDJ what about this!?   If the poster just wants a 'hot take' I'll provide one, but I am not doing his research to make his point for him. 

My questions were pretty specific.  No random links or anything.  Just genuinely curious why you are the way you are in this forum.  

I’ve actually had a similar conversation with my brother.  In person, he’s a nice guy, great conversationalist.  On social media, he’s such an asshat that his immediate family has him “blocked”.  His defense is that he “loves poking the liberals”. He really didn’t know what to say when he realized his centrist family thought he looked like a dope.  Sadly, he doubled down on dopey to prove some kind of point.  Maybe I’m asking you these questions because you actually remind me of him.  Maybe your answer will be better?

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Not sure why people always jump to this conclusion unless they are just saying all Trumpers are trolls, and a lot of them are. The ones that like Trump because he "owns the libs." But they are not all trolls in the sense that it's all a big joke; there are many people who think this way, in real life, without it being a joke. I know some of them. I have a FB acquaintance who posts this kind of stuff all the time under her real name and it's her true feelings.

I posted it somewhere already but I saw someone post on FB that God gives us all an allotted time to die so there is no point in wearing a mask. This person has a kid who underwent treatment for an illness that can cause death. These people are out there and they mean what they say.

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

My questions were pretty specific.  No random links or anything.  Just genuinely curious why you are the way you are in this forum.  

Understand 'the way you are' is a perspective.  You might not notice it from political allies, or more likely accept as the normal tit for tat dialogue.  It is after all a contact sport. 

• Fire 1
52 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Understand 'the way you are' is a perspective.  You might not notice it from political allies, or more likely accept as the normal tit for tat dialogue.  It is after all a contact sport. 

Thanks.  Good to know that you don’t care for actual discussion here.  Enjoy your time here.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

So Trump rallies socially distance better than Democrat funeral rallies?

what in the actual f#$k are you talking about?  to be more specific...who's funeral was there no social distancing...especially compared to a trump rally?

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, commando said:

what in the actual f#$k are you talking about?  to be more specific...who's funeral was there no social distancing...especially compared to a trump rally?

Well, the thread dynamic is still not as weird as actual politics.  You didn't know that the Lewis funeral had to be declared exempt from Washington DC's Covid orders?

Regarding why attendees at Lewis’ funeral escaped the strictures of self-quarantine, Bowser Press Secretary Susana Castillo characterized the ceremony as an essential government activity, telling Just the News on Friday, “Government activity is essential, and the Capitol of the United States is exempt from the Mayor’s Order.”

The mayor’s office still deems the funerals of regular people non-essential activity, however.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/08/01/government-activity-is-essential-dc-mayor-explains-why-those-who-attended-the-rep-john-lewis-funeral-are-exempt-from-self-quarantine/

https://twitter.com/realDailyWire/status/1289651248187154432/photo/1

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Not sure why people always jump to this conclusion unless they are just saying all Trumpers are trolls, and a lot of them are.

I guess we all find it hard to believe that people who think and act this way actually exist and vote.

5 hours ago, commando said:

John Lewis' funeral had no social distancing. George Floyd's funeral also had no social distancing. ND Joe's weird flex about Trump's small crowds is not worth engaging, but it's pretty frustrating for  many who have recently lost loved ones and legally aren't even allowed to have a funeral  because of COVID, and then seeing that.

• Thanks 1

they all did wear mask though....i thought social distancing was wear a mask if you can't stay 6 feet apart.    you never see a mask at a trump rally and 6 feet apart isn't required,   even with the exemption they were doing better then a trump rally.

4 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Well, the thread dynamic is still not as weird as actual politics.  You didn't know that the Lewis funeral had to be declared exempt from Washington DC's Covid orders?

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/08/01/government-activity-is-essential-dc-mayor-explains-why-those-who-attended-the-rep-john-lewis-funeral-are-exempt-from-self-quarantine/

https://twitter.com/realDailyWire/status/1289651248187154432/photo/1

7 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

This pretty powerfully exposes Trump's sheer ignorance.

He just keeps repeating the same line. Even when Swan tells him why that makes no sense.

I feel like this needs the Seinfeld music overlaid on top or something. Yikes.

That really exposes Trump as manipulating the data and not wanting to talk about legitimate data.