The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Oh no, don’t do it Joe.

Why is he opening his mouth and proposing any radical plans?

He needs to keep his yap shut and win the election solely on not being Trump and not being the one who completely botched the pandemic response. That is all he needs to do.

But I see in the last couple days he’s started talking about some comprehensive care platform (elder care, childcare, health care, etc.). It doesn’t make a sh#t bit of difference if it’s needed, wanted, a good idea or a bad idea. We don’t need to debate the merits of it. He needs to just shut up and not give any marginal Trumpsters anything to mobilize around. He’s going to blow it if he thinks he needs to have any stance other than appearing rational and not being Trump.

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

He needs to keep his yap shut and win the election solely on not being Trump and not being the one who completely botched the pandemic response. That is all he needs to do.

He’s going to blow it if he thinks he needs to have any stance other than appearing rational and not being Trump.

This  :yeah    ...many times, this

• Plus1 1
59 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Oh no, don’t do it Joe.

But I see in the last couple days he’s started talking about some comprehensive care platform (elder care, childcare, health care, etc.). It doesn’t make a sh#t bit of difference if it’s needed, wanted, a good idea or a bad idea. We don’t need to debate the merits of it. He needs to just shut up and not give any marginal Trumpsters anything to mobilize around. He’s going to blow it if he thinks he needs to have any stance other than appearing rational and not being Trump.

The country is in really bad shape right now. I hope Biden has more planned than just remaining silent.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

I thought Trump crossed an unforgivable line back in 2015, but then kept crossing them all the way to the Presidency, so what do I know?

Still......something about this Axios interview. Something Trump agreed to and came in prepared for -- at least as much as he was willing to prepare for anything. It's just stark naked in its ignorance and immaturity. It's a grown man trying to coax reason out of not just a child, but the dumbest little kid in the fourth grade. I guess you could say it's "gotcha" journalism, but the dude is actually trying to point Trump to the things he should be saying. I even smelled a whiff of pity. 

Coming on the heels of Republicans, military generals, and the frikkin Federalist Society declaring the President unfit at best, an imbecile at worst, I see no recourse for loyalists and down-ticket Republicans.

I mean, other than shouting Venezuela,  Chicago, and Sleepy Joe. 

• Plus1 4

Hypocrisy at its best is defined by trump every day.  another example. 

https://apnews.com/19ade6dafb5b6f82f324e4be9b12a7a0

In an abrupt reversal, President Donald Trump is encouraging voters in the critical swing state of Florida to vote by mail after months of criticizing the practice — and while his campaign and the GOP challenge Nevada over its new vote-by-mail law.

Democratic requests to vote by mail have surged in Florida, a state that Trump almost certainly must win to secure a second term. Democrats currently have about 1.9 million Floridians signed up to vote by mail this November, almost 600,000 more than the Republicans’ 1.3 million, according to the Florida secretary of state.

13 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Nothing says "we're confident in our guy" like actively working to get Kanye on the ballot and openly cheering that he siphons votes away from Biden.

I've been wondering and maybe I just missed it, but what party ticket is Kanye running on? 

I'm hoping it's the fish sticks party 

7a46aaca3529ca2c4e6660dd0663e479.jpg

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

The country is in really bad shape right now. I hope Biden has more planned than just remaining silent.

I completely agree. But he needs to focus on task numero uno, actually winning the election first. Accomplishing that will best be achieved as I said, simply by not being Trump, appearing rational and displaying calming qualities of being a leader. New wild ideas, even non controversial ideas, can only hurt him imo. He can worry about fixing things once he is in office.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Oh no, don’t do it Joe.

Okay so you want a quarantined candidate.  is that because you don't want people to find out what Biden's ideas are?  Or is it you think the ideas are popular but Joe will garble them incomprehensibly??

edit: Joe Arpaio trails R opponent in County Sheriff primary by 1% this morning. 

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Okay so you want a quarantined candidate.  is that because you don't want people to find out what Biden's ideas are?  Or is it you think the ideas are popular but Joe will garble them incomprehensibly??

edit: Joe Arpaio trails R opponent in County Sheriff primary by 1% this morning. 

Nice try at creating a false dichotomy when there are obviously many more options.

It's only because I want Trump to lose and Dems have a terrible track record at getting out of their own way. It's a simple D win....if they just don't eff it up.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If this happens and I lose my bet (that I should have already been paid out on) I will crap myself.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jamesgrickards/status/1291131103776997376?s=21

This guy is a moron if this tweet is any indication of his intelligence. Biden has a commanding lead in polls right now, far better than Clinton had at this time. If the DNC has some kind of secret master plan it's to have him be a figurehead. Back when you were talking about this stuff like 3 months ago I thought there could be like a 1% cance.

• Plus1 1