Jump to content

The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election


Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, teachercd said:

Wait, you don't think 20% not understanding a simple message is a lot?

 

That is a staggering %.  Think if you ran a business and 20% of the people didn't understand your pitch.  You would be out of business.

 

Think in a classroom...20% of the class having no f#&%ing clue what is going.

 

20% of drivers not knowing Red, Green Yellow.

 

20% of Americans can't find the United States on a map. 

 

The 80% number is far higher than I would have expected. 

Link to post

  • Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • BigRedBuster

    1223

  • knapplc

    1177

  • Danny Bateman

    1045

  • RedDenver

    925

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you honestly not understand the difference between someone who said something stupid as an off color joke one time and some one who: Has been sued twice for housing discrimination against A

He is.

I honestly don't know what will happen tomorrow. But if Joe Biden wins, you will be allowed to own all the guns you want, worship your God however you want, and hate whomever you want in the privacy o

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

 

No. I find myself often wondering "hey, aren't the Democrats running a candidate this year?"

 

It's a really weird election. 

 

Some of it is obviously the Pandemic and BLM movements. I have to think that the incredibly incorrect prognostications from 2016 are a reason why they are being downplayed this time around. 

 

Link to post
8 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

We don't really have a Congressional Election thread, but Tommy Tuberville (yes, that one) beat Jeff Sessions in an Republican run-off, and Alabama Democrats aren't ****ing around: 

 

 

 

Me after reading the first couple:

 

giphy.gif

 

Me after reading the third one:

 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 3
Link to post
1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

 

Some of it is obviously the Pandemic and BLM movements. I have to think that the incredibly incorrect prognostications from 2016 are a reason why they are being downplayed this time around. 

 

 

It also makes strategic sense to let Donald Trump ramble, let The Lincoln Project do all your advertising, and pull Joe Biden out only for select scripted moments. 

  • Plus1 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
1 minute ago, Danny Bateman said:

 

Me after reading the first couple:

 

giphy.gif

 

Me after reading the third one:

 

giphy.gif

 

I'm putting "ready to storm Hell with a Super Soaker" into my lexicon immediately. 

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
55 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Good lord, they are bad at this. 2016 is a long time ago and a lot of things have happened in the interim, but I don't remember the Trump campaign being this bad back then.

 

 

 

Probably the first time in history the incumbent president has tried to run against the status quo and pretend they're not the incumbent.

 

33 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

 

I'll have to double-check, but I think a lot of the militarization of local police forces came from the U.S. military and contractors looking to off-load surplus assault vehicles, flack-jackets, and firearms at discount prices. 

 

 

giphy.gif

 

Yet another brick in the wall that makes the military industrial complex so hard to constrain. Why worry about a massive surplus of equipment when you can strike a sweet heart deal with police departments?

 

16 minutes ago, Undone said:

Does it seem like this election isn't getting talked about nationally as it normally would in other cycles at this point in July of the election year? I'm not talking about on this board, but elsewhere.

 

Is that just me?

 

It's been anything but a normal year so far. Other events are crowding out horserace coverage.

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
32 minutes ago, Undone said:

Does it seem like this election isn't getting talked about nationally as it normally would in other cycles at this point in July of the election year? I'm not talking about on this board, but elsewhere.

 

Is that just me?

I agree.  It's like the election has been put on hold till maybe September.

Link to post
47 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

 

20% of Americans can't find the United States on a map. 

 

The 80% number is far higher than I would have expected. 

Just think how easy it would be to make that 80%, 100%.  With just one easy change.

Link to post
22 hours ago, teachercd said:

Sure...but they are using the wrong word and it confuses people.  The confusion % should be 0...

 

Why not say "Icecream the Police" instead of "defund"...both don't mean what the actual message is.  

 

A marketers job is not to make the public do the learning...it is to make the public understand. 

 

Years ago, Infiniti (I think) did it's first car commercial...instead of showing the car they showed trees and rocks and water...everyone made fun of it, Leno even said something like "Their car sales are down 75% but the good news is...the sale of trees and rocks are up 90%"

 

 

 

 

You have a really idealized idea of the American population. You can say the sky is blue and 10% of people won't understand the messaging. There is no such thing as 0% confusion 

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

You have a really idealized idea of the American population. You can say the sky is blue and 10% of people won't understand the messaging. There is no such thing as 0% confusion 

The fact that people are still pretending like they are using the right word...proves your point.

Link to post
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The fact that people are still pretending like they are using the right word...proves your point.

What is the right word? Why do you decide what word is correct? 

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree.  It's like the election has been put on hold till maybe September.

 

It will take up the gap created by cancelling football

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...