Jump to content

The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • BigRedBuster

    1223

  • knapplc

    1177

  • Danny Bateman

    1045

  • RedDenver

    925

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you honestly not understand the difference between someone who said something stupid as an off color joke one time and some one who: Has been sued twice for housing discrimination against A

I honestly don't know what will happen tomorrow. But if Joe Biden wins, you will be allowed to own all the guns you want, worship your God however you want, and hate whomever you want in the privacy o

He is.

Posted Images

20 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

 

 

100% agree on the single party notion.  They serve greed and money.  There was a study by Princeton University about what laws get passed and if there is public support for them...and the laws that are supported by the bottom 90% have a 30% chance of getting passed...but the laws supported by the top 10% have a democratic republic curve of a chance....that is, the more they support them, the better chance they have of getting passed.  In other words, money talks....and the bottom 90% do not have money.

 

I'd support a 3 or 4 party system and I think it needs to be put in place immediately.

Unfortunately, I think the only way we get a third party is if the conservatives and alt-right extremists split. The middle of our aisle will still be very right.

  • Plus1 2
Link to post

How sad is it that all of Trump's aides and D-list bootlickers have to hop on the Twitters to praise him for talking about using an executive order to do something Obama already did for people in 2010? WHILE he's suing to undo it?!

 

If Trump succeeds and overturns the ACA, an EO that states insurance companies must continue covering pre-existing conditions would get laughed at and ignored. It would have no legal basis to force them to do anything.

 

It's like he can't quite bring himself to admit his predecessor did something right, but realizes it's popular and tries to take credit for it himself.

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Congress has actually adjourned for a 3 day weekend.  If the House Ds insist that stimulus is tied to bailing out the broke blue cities then there shouldn't be a deal. 

 

This "broke blue cities" thing is such a stupid trope.

 

Here's a map of the givers vs. takers. The stereotypical blue coastal states aren't the ones relying on the federal government.

 

Federal-Aid-2020-01-e1581455671552.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to post

4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

That can't be right. That'd mean he's an overwhelming favorite. My book has Biden -160 (Spend 160 to win 100) and Trump +135 (Spend 100 to win 135). 

Ill add that Biden's odds have slowly become better since May, so idk what's going on with your book but it might be a glitch. 

Link to post
9 hours ago, teachercd said:

Trumps odds have gotten better the last week.  Interesting.  

I've been torturing myself glancing at the real clear politics betting odds since the riots started. Trump yet to sniff 40% since the militant leftists started their largely unchecked insurgency.  Though he should get a % point for this one

 

Speaking of which, withdrawing the federal law enforcements has done nothing to stop the Portland riots. 

  • Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
8 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

That can't be right. That'd mean he's an overwhelming favorite. My book has Biden -160 (Spend 160 to win 100) and Trump +135 (Spend 100 to win 135). 

Sorry -170 to NOT get reelected.  My bad!

Link to post

Hopped off Twitter for the afternoon to, ya know, have a life.

 

I come back after a couple hours to Trump ordering a payroll tax holiday, extending unemployment benefits and apparently considering THIS via EO.

 

Remember when Republicans hated Obama's "executive overreach" and accused him of trying to be an emperor? Note how quiet they are when it's their godking trying to play emperor.

 

 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
6 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Hopped off Twitter for the afternoon to, ya know, have a life.

 

I come back after a couple hours to Trump ordering a payroll tax holiday, extending unemployment benefits and apparently considering THIS via EO.

 

Remember when Republicans hated Obama's "executive overreach" and accused him of trying to be an emperor? Note how quiet they are when it's their godking trying to play emperor.

 

 

 

It will probably be quickly curtailed by the court unless Trump can show he's expediting policy instead of changing it. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...