The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

18 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Just think how easy it would be to make that 80%, 100%.  With just one easy change.

Its so easy even you could do it. Oh wait...

• Plus1 2

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BigRedBuster

• knapplc

• Danny Bateman

• RedDenver

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you honestly not understand the difference between someone who said something stupid as an off color joke one time and some one who: Has been sued twice for housing discrimination against A

He is.

I honestly don't know what will happen tomorrow. But if Joe Biden wins, you will be allowed to own all the guns you want, worship your God however you want, and hate whomever you want in the privacy o

Posted Images

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Its so easy even you could do it. Oh wait...

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You really need to put that critical thinking hat back on and review Trump's position(s) on China. They are all over the place. Trump is a suck up and "great friend" of President Xi when he needs something (or Xi flatters him), and they are the enemy when he needs an enemy (which is often). His toughest action against China has been trade embargoes and so far it's mostly Americans who have suffered. Sometimes it's hard to get any read at all; an afternoon tweet from Trump on China may contradict the official White House statement that morning.  

You know that all those MAGA hats and Trump swag are made in China, right? That seems like a simple place to get tough. 

FWIW....the tax returns of Donald Trump are most likely to reveal what's been known for a long time: felony tax evasion. Also, he's not quite the successful business man he portrays on TV -- and that's his greatest fear. 

You don't think the trade deal which put a dent into the trade deficit was good?

• Plus1 1

41 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Covid kills 140,000 Americans. Crickets. Russia puts bounties on American troops. Silence. 

Goya Foods gets Boycotted...

Wait-a-Minute-GIF-1.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

You don't think the trade deal which put a dent into the trade deficit was good?

That has been a major cluster f#&% since the beginning when Trump decided to be big tough guy.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

That has been a major cluster f#&% since the beginning when Trump decided to be big tough guy.

So Trump should have just put on cruise control like Obama and Biden did and let China take advantage of us?

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

So Trump should have just put on cruise control like Obama and Biden did and let China take advantage of us?

No, but the way he went about it cost Americans one hell of a lot of money and actually some jobs.  Please tell me you understand that China wasn't the one paying the tariffs.  Please tell me you understand how this works.

LINK

But most economists have been skeptical, saying that the country’s factory activity weakened last year, and that the trade flows largely reflect a cooling American and global economy.

This slowing of the economy was directly caused by Trump and his tactics.

Economists say the hefty tariffs Mr. Trump has placed on China have encouraged American consumers to purchase goods from other countries and have not led to an American manufacturing renaissance.

“Tariffs to date have clearly had a significant impact on imports from China,” said Brad Setser, a senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations. “They equally clearly have not led to a stronger U.S. manufacturing sector.”

Rather than bringing manufacturing back to the United States, the clash with China has caused American companies and consumers to shift purchases to other countries, like Mexico, Vietnam and South Korea, said Mary E. Lovely, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics.

Data released Wednesday morning showed the trade deficit in goods with Mexico increased $21.1 billion last year to a record $101.8 billion, as the United States brought in more goods from its southern neighbor. The trade deficit in goods with Canada grew by $8 billion, while the gap with Taiwan increased by $7.8 billion.

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Do you have evidence that the trade deal put a dent into the trade deficit? I mean, there was a lot of speculating but I haven't seen anything to make me think it worked even a little.

8 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I love the monomaniacal focus on Obama/Biden. Because that trade deficit started out under Reagan, got worse under Bush, Clinton, Bush & Obama. 

CnygPe3.jpg

Not exactly the point you're making, is it?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I love the monomaniacal focus on Obama/Biden. Because that trade deficit started out under Reagan, got worse under Bush, Clinton, Bush & Obama. 

CnygPe3.jpg

Unless my eyes deceive me the growth rate of the deficit wasn't as large under Obama as for Trump.

• Plus1 3

4 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

We don't really have a Congressional Election thread, but Tommy Tuberville (yes, that one) beat Jeff Sessions in an Republican run-off, and Alabama Democrats aren't ****ing around: 

Senator Tubberville will have a great freshman year.  But halfway through he will try to move down to the House of Reps.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Most Republicans will freely admit that the Bush were responsible for a lot of the China mess and Clinton getting them into the WTO didn't help either.  These guys were operating under the Kissinger thinking that with increased wealth China would become more democratic.  It's obvious under XI that is not going to happen- surprise they're communists!  Our trade with China has only made them wealthier and more aggressive.  I think we can all agree that the chart shows this is a real problem.  Question is, who do you believe will do something about it?  Trump, the guy that's been talking about China for years or Biden who did nothing as VP other than get his son a $1.5B loan from China.  If you were president what would you do to address the trade imbalance with China?

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

Most Republicans will freely admit that the Bush were responsible for a lot of the China mess and Clinton getting them into the WTO didn't help either.  These guys were operating under the Kissinger thinking that with increased wealth China would become more democratic.  It's obvious under XI that is not going to happen- surprise they're communists!  Our trade with China has only made them wealthier and more aggressive.  I think we can all agree that the chart shows this is a real problem.  Question is, who do you believe will do something about it?  Trump, the guy that's been talking about China for years or Biden who did nothing as VP other than get his son a $1.5B loan from China.  If you were president what would you do to address the trade imbalance with China?

Biden, without question. Trump can be bought with some lovely letters, as he showed with Kim Jong Un. And now the Norks are building nukes again. 

Trump couldn't negotiate a trade deal to save his life. Every other national leader laughs at him. Xi is running circles around Trump because Trump won't listen to his experts. He just shoots from the hip and expects others to bow down. China isn't about that. 

Biden is going to rebuild our foreign relations teams. We don't need a one-man show, we need a full team effort. Trump can't work as a team. Look how many times his coms people have said "Trump didn't mean _____, he really meant _______" only for Trump to tweet out the next day "I really DID mean ______!"  That kind of bizarro mixed messaging may make for some great clips on Fox & Friends but it's no way to run a government.

When is Mexico paying for that wall, by the way?

• Plus1 4