• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BigRedBuster

• knapplc

• Danny Bateman

• RedDenver

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you honestly not understand the difference between someone who said something stupid as an off color joke one time and some one who: Has been sued twice for housing discrimination against A

He is.

uhhh...?  

Posted Images

10 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

Tonight Lindsay Graham said there are some real criminal things that occurred so hopefully these bad deep state actors can be held accountable.

With Trump in office and a Republican-controlled Senate, why aren't these investigations the right wingnuts keep hinting at not happening? What are they waiting for?

The Democrats were able to try & convict multiple Trump associates. Why can't Trump do that for the "real" criminals? 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Completely agree.  When you get into a place like the University, there are going to be a very wide range of political beliefs within the staff.  I remember there being a few pretty liberal professors when I was there, but that was also balanced out by some pretty conservative ones too.  It's like conservatives have grown into a group that just can't handle being exposed to opposing view points so, they demonize the entire system.  In reality, this is a place where people should be exposed to various view points.

For sure...it is sort of weird how people that are that educated are so quick to not listen to others.

11 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/strzok-comey-obama-biden-flynn-case

https://www.theepochtimes.com/despite-stream-of-exculpatory-evidence-fbi-kept-pushing-flynn-investigation-documents-indicate_3420903.html

VDH explains it best how we got to this point, what the deep state is, how this whole thing is coming undone.  As he said the onion is being peeled.  Tonight Lindsay Graham said there are some real criminal things that occurred so hopefully these bad deep state actors can be held accountable.  VDH also explains what progressives are and how they are using identity politics, definitely worth watching.  If you like the constitution you probably shouldn't be a progressive.

Victor Davis Hanson is interesting because he actually is an intellectual with a clear understanding of history.

But he also uses his platform and ideological beliefs to mold Donald Trump into something he's not. Never was. Never will be. If you want to see how a good interviewer lets his subject reveal the uglier side of himself (while his editor fact-checks the bulls#!t) read this interview with VDH:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/the-classicist-who-sees-donald-trump-as-a-tragic-hero

• Thanks 1

We're also going to get a lot of China in the next few months for obvious reasons. 

Let's just make it clear up-front that no political party trusts China or refuses to challenge China. But both parties got us hugely indebted to China and our most avid Capitalists have been thrilled to work with the CCP when money is involved. And money is always involved. 

• Plus1 1

Can't wait to vote in November.

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Victor Davis Hanson is interesting because he actually is an intellectual with a clear understanding of history.

But he also uses his platform and ideological beliefs to mold Donald Trump into something he's not. Never was. Never will be. If you want to see how a good interviewer lets his subject reveal the uglier side of himself (while his editor fact-checks the bulls#!t) read this interview with VDH:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/the-classicist-who-sees-donald-trump-as-a-tragic-hero

Haha fact checkers, I know how those work.  Who's fact checking the fact checkers?

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Haha fact checkers, I know how those work.  Who's fact checking the fact checkers?

1hwzgj.jpg

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3

Down in the polls, head roll.

https://apnews.com/44daa7d151f436b520d5f7c824142aa1

President Donald Trump shook up his campaign staff amid sinking poll numbers less than four months before the election, replacing campaign manager Brad Parscale with veteran GOP operative Bill Stepien.

“I am pleased to announce that Bill Stepien has been promoted to the role of Trump Campaign Manager,” Trump said Wednesday on Facebook. “Brad Parscale, who has been with me for a very long time and has led our tremendous digital and data strategies, will remain in that role, while being a Senior Advisor to the campaign.”

Trump and Parscale’s relationship had been increasingly strained, with the president annoyed by the publicity Parscale had garnered in the role. But the final straw appeared to be a Tulsa, Oklahoma, rally last month that drew an unexpectedly low crowd of about 6,200 people after Parscale had bragged that more than a million people had requested tickets. The president was furious.

14 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

In actual news Trump changes campaign manager.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-replaces-campaign-manager-amid-sinking-poll-numbers/ar-BB16NJwG

I think it's good Trump is getting back into his 2016 stride, when the message was get the polls up or step aside.  The previous guy Pascale seemed to know a lot about computer data but was not ready for such a great task.

Wow. It's just that simple. Get the poll numbers up! Why hasn't anyone else thought of that?

Of course it's the campaign manager's fault. Or the media's. Or pollsters. Or the deep state. Or the Dumocrats. Or the swamp itself.

I swear you guys have zero self-awareness.

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m sure there was some of that, but that doesn’t excuse the Dems of putting up the worst candidate they possibly could have and that lead directly to the worst president in recorded history.  

7 hours ago, knapplc said:

Honestly, is there anyone else Trump could have beaten in 2016? 

Obviously there's some of that to take into account, but I really think her personality is what turned most people off. 

That's the point Q was trying to make, though. Studies have shown time and again women have it harder in politics because they're perceived as vaguely unlikable and that involves varying degrees of subconscious misogyny. 

Clinton had higher unfavorability eventually than any other women and was uniquely susceptible to the GOP muck machine because she had several decades to stew in the attacks they levied at her.

Biden, OTOH, is showing the Teflon property Trump seemed to have in 2016. None of the attacks against him are sticking.

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

That's the point Q was trying to make, though. Studies have shown time and again women have it harder in politics because they're perceived as vaguely unlikable and that involves varying degrees of subconscious misogyny. 

Clinton had higher unfavorability eventually than any other women and was uniquely susceptible to the GOP muck machine because she had several decades to stew in the attacks they levied at her.

Biden, OTOH, is showing the Teflon property Trump seemed to have in 2016. None of the attacks against him are sticking.

OK...this is where I get frustrated in these conversations.  It's no different than when people didn't like Obama or his policies and the Dems tried to claim it's because of racism.  Sure, there's some of that.  But, I can still not like his policies without being racist. 

There are one hell of a lot of people who just flat out don't like Hillary and it has nothing to do with her being a woman.  Your second paragraph is probably a large part of that.  Sure, there's idiots that are never going to vote for a woman.  But, that's not the majority reason why she lost. She just simply was the worst candidate the Dems could have possibly put up....and we have all been paying for it since.

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m sure there was some of that, but that doesn’t excuse the Dems of putting up the worst candidate they possibly could have and that lead directly to the worst president in recorded history.  

And now they're fielding a guy who has pretty obvious signs of dementia. The videos floating around of him not even being able to remember the second word in "America First" is hard to watch.

And I suspect this is why it feels like the Democrats aren't even fielding a candidate right now. We're T-minus four months until the vote!

If they push hard for not having televised debates "due to COVID," that will pretty much confirm it for me personally. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Undone said:

And now they're fielding a guy who has pretty obvious signs of dementia. The videos floating around of him not even being able to remember the second word in "America First" is hard to watch.

OK....just stop.  Have you seen the videos of Trump not even being able to give a teleprompter speech?

This line of idiotic propaganda is just embarrassing that you're even falling for it.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2