The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Still voting Republican this presidential election, @Waldo?

From the article.  Tell me which one would you believe?

What they're saying:

• Senate Intelligence acting chairman Marco Rubio (R-Fla.): “We can say, without any hesitation, that the Committee found absolutely no evidence that then-candidate Donald Trump or his campaign colluded with the Russian government to meddle in the 2016 election. ...
  • Senate Intelligence ranking member Mark Warner (D-Va.): “At nearly 1,000 pages, Volume 5 stands as the most comprehensive examination of ties between Russia and the 2016 Trump campaign to date – a breathtaking level of contacts between Trump officials and Russian government operatives that is a very real counterintelligence threat to our elections. ... This cannot happen again."

•  

More from AP

https://apnews.com/5e833a62e9492f6a66624b7920cc846a

The bold quote below shows the great divide in this country.  When something is pretty obvious one party ignores and looks the other way.

Among the more striking sections of the nearly 1,000-page report issued Tuesday is the committee’s description of the close professional relationship between former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Konstantin Kilimnik, whom the committee describes without equivocation as a Russian intelligence officer.

“Taken as a whole, Manafort’s high-level access and willingness to share information with individuals closely affiliated with the Russian intelligence services, particularly Kilimnik, represented a grave counterintelligence threat,” the report says.

The report notes how Manafort shared internal Trump campaign polling data with Kilimnik and says there is “some evidence” that Kilimnik may have been connected to the Kremlin’s operation to hack and leak Democratic emails, though it does not describe that evidence. In addition, the report says that “two pieces of information” raise the possibility of Manafort’s potential connection to those operations, but what follows next in the document is blacked out.

The report purposely does not come to a final conclusion, as the other reports did, about whether there is enough evidence that Trump’s campaign coordinated or colluded with Russia to sway the election to him and away from Democrat Hillary Clinton, leaving its findings open to partisan interpretation.

A group of Republicans on the panel submitted “additional views” to the report saying that it should state more explicitly that Trump’s campaign did not coordinate with Russia. But Democrats on the panel submitted their own views, arguing that the report clearly shows such cooperation.

More of tRump's preemptive strike against the election results.  He's knows he's going to lose - if you keep spreading his lies, his cult followers will rise up to try to keep him in office.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-floats-invalidating-election-over-mail-in-voting-theyll-have-to-do-it-again/

President Donald Trump claimed on Tuesday that the 2020 presidential election may have to be done again if universal mail-in voting is introduced.

During his announcement of a posthumous presidential pardon for pioneering women’s rights activist Susan B. Anthony — who died in 1906 — Trump was asked about his feud with the Democratic Party over mail-in voting.

“The Democrats want to make it a political issue. It’s not a political issue, it’s really about a correct vote. You have to get voting right,” he declared. “You can’t have millions and millions of ballots sent all over the place, sent to people that are dead, sent to dogs, cats. Sent to everyone. This is a serious situation, this isn’t games, and you have to get it right.”

“I just want to get it right. Win, lose, or draw — I think I’m going to win — win, lose, or draw, we have to get it right,” Trump insisted. “We have to have honest voting.”

He went on, “You can’t take millions of ballots, send them haphazardly all over the country, or all over a state, and expect it to come out properly,” before clarifying, “By the way, absentee is great, it’s been working for a long time like in Florida. Absentee, you request and it comes in, and then you send it back. Absentee is great, but universal is going to be a disaster the likes of which our country has never seen.”

“It’ll end up being a rigged election or they will never come out with an outcome. They’ll have to do it again, and nobody wants that,” Trump concluded. “And I don’t want that.”

5 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Listening to her, I think she was trying to point us to a higher moral standard and character.  While she attacked Trump and his not being up for the job, there was a higher note she was trying to reach - 'appealing to our 'higher angels'.   It wasn't her job to destroy tRump - others will do that.  Her job was to encourage people to get out to vote for a more empathic way

Yeah the We go High trope failed in 2016 already.  The problem was that the Ds said it and then went low 15 minutes later.  Glad to hear they are sticking with the same messaging. 

• Fire 1
5 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Yeah the We go High trope failed in 2016 already.  The problem was that the Ds said it and then went low 15 minutes later.  Glad to hear they are sticking with the same messaging. 

You can't be a Trump supporter and complain about "going low." This isn't 2016 - nobody's giving you the benefit of the doubt anymore.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

“It’ll end up being a rigged election or they will never come out with an outcome. They’ll have to do it again, and nobody wants that,” Trump concluded. “And I don’t want that.”

The bolded is exactly what he wants and what he is actively trying to make happen.

3 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

And the GOP is happy to play whiny victim, as always, despite there never being evidence of actually being victimized.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, knapplc said:

You can't be a Trump supporter and complain about "going low." This isn't 2016 - nobody's giving you the benefit of the doubt anymore.

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy, which was the #1 reason people didn't give Hilary a solid majority.  There is no equivalency; no one ever said Trump is a nice guy restoring civility to politics.  So I hope the Ds spam the internet with highbrow pretenses, and contradict themselves with every click.

Edit: and on the same theme, I won't mind 1000 more lectures by victims, from their multi-million dollar mansions on Martha's Vineyard.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1