The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company is an American multinational tire manufacturing company founded in 1898 by Frank Seiberling and based in Akron, Ohio. Goodyear manufactures tires for automobiles, commercial trucks, light trucks, motorcycles, SUVs, race cars, airplanes, farm equipment and heavy earth-mover machinery. It also produced bicycle tires from its founding until 1976.[2] As of 2017, Goodyear is one of the top four tire manufacturers along with Bridgestone (Japan), Michelin (France) and Continental (Germany).[3]

Employees: ~64,000

Clearly Trump is making a play for Ohio.

• Fire 1

16 minutes ago, commando said:

trump says "don't buy american"

I would wager a significant percentage of Goodyear workers are blue collar non-college educated white men.  In other words, the prototypical Trump voter.  Bravo Mr President.   Keep up the good work!

2 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I would wager a significant percentage of Goodyear workers are blue collar non-college educated white men.  In other words, the prototypical Trump voter.  Bravo Mr President.   Keep up the good work!

goodyear is also the largest company in the swing state of Ohio if i recall correctly.   him trying to shutdown their company might not be well received...ah...who am i kidding.   trump could kill their grandmother, steal their money, and have his way with their wives and they would still support dear leader.

13 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Trump NOT to get elected has gone from -190 way down to -130.

That is a big swing.  I don't get it.

It's dumb to watch these things day to day. It'd be like watching your stocks move up and down all day, you'll drive yourself crazy. Odds ebb and flow, they'll move towards Trump, then Biden, then Trump, then Biden.

17 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

It's dumb to watch these things day to day. It'd be like watching your stocks move up and down all day, you'll drive yourself crazy. Odds ebb and flow, they'll move towards Trump, then Biden, then Trump, then Biden.

I get wanting to watch it just as an interesting data point.

32 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Trump NOT to get elected has gone from -190 way down to -130.

That is a big swing.  I don't get it.

The most obvious answer is that people started putting money on Trump to win, so they had to balance it back out.  Maybe there's a bunch of MAGA heads that believes Harris was the deal killer for Biden and now Trump is a sure win....so, they went and plopped their life savings down on him.:dunno

33 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yeah but it has only moved in his favor for the last two weeks.

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah but it has only moved in his favor for the last two weeks.

These things don't move in straight lines, I wouldn't put much stock into it. I linked a chart of the line movements since April. Biden became the favorite at the beginning of June. Peaked (best odds for either candidate) at the end of July and has since went back down to where he was at the beginning of July. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/betting_odds/2020_president/