The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

39 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Pretty sure the biggest reason polling was off in 2016 in these states was they didn't weight for education well and systemically undercounted how strongly the non-college white vote would go for Trump.

Which, as you said, has since been adjusted. Biden is cutting into those voters and rural voters, which is offsetting his relative weakness with Black and Latino voters compared to Clinton.

Fundamentals in this election favor Biden and the polling reflects that. Now he needs a strong finish and world-class turnout operation to bring it home.

This is where I greatly fear Biden is a poor candidate. Hopefully he gets it done, but I have strong reservations about his ability to close the deal.

51 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Not to mention the conventions were in July, 2016, and this poll is taken in the middle of the RNC.

Yeah, there isn't a perfect comparison to be made, but I also don't think ignoring the polling comparison is a good idea either. Especially when similar comparisons are being made that show Biden is in good position. Got to take the good with the bad and both with a reasonable amount of skepticism.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yeah, there isn't a perfect comparison to be made, but I also don't think ignoring the polling comparison is a good idea either. Especially when similar comparisons are being made that show Biden is in good position. Got to take the good with the bad and both with a reasonable amount of skepticism.

I think you're right, and I think what we're seeing is that Biden is a more-preferable candidate to Clinton but not so much so that he's got anything wrapped up.

It's bonkers to me that we're four years into this Trump nightmare and people still are like, "Yeah, maybe I'll vote for him again."  

I'd love to see a landslide Biden win in November, but honestly at this point I'm just hoping he wins at all. 

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, knapplc said:

SC Senator completely pancake blocked the "You're All Racists" mantra of the Day.  He is one to keep an eye on. 

I hope the Day run ads attacking the McCloskeys for defending their home against the mob.  There are millions of middle class voters who know it could be their home next 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4

Who would you rather vote for? The fear mongering, they're not like is, love it or leave it party, don't take ma guns party. Or the hopeful, let's get this fixed, we can do it together, we deserve to invest in ourselves and be our best party.

It shouldn't be this difficult people...

48 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'd love to see a landslide Biden win in November, but honestly at this point I'm just hoping he wins at all.

If it is a 'barely' win situation, you know Trump's lawyers will tie up the results for weeks/months.   Biden has got to win in a landslide other wise the nightmare continues and will be unpredictable. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, commando said:

lol...how many ways can she be dragged?  apparently she doesn't know that puerto ricans are american citizens.

https://news.yahoo.com/kimberly-guilfoyle-cited-her-puerto-164651360.html

She's just following the cult leader who appeared to be surprised that we (the USA mainland) HAD to help PR after the hurricane.  If he didn't know they were citizen he acted as though he wished they weren't  (aka trade PR for Greenland)

I sometimes wonder if Don Jr wants to be like Donald - or maybe he just wants to be liked by Donald.  His girlfriend looks a bit too close to

Donald's wife   :lol:

a1432ba854c7f23517ab2562c354bbb5

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

She's just following the cult leader who appeared to be surprised that we (the USA mainland) HAD to help PR after the hurricane.  If he didn't know they were citizen he acted as though he wished they weren't  (aka trade PR for Greenland)

I sometimes wonder if Don Jr wants to be like Donald - or maybe he just wants to be liked by Donald.  His girlfriend looks a bit too close to

Donald's wife   :lol:

a1432ba854c7f23517ab2562c354bbb5

the part where she bragged about being a 1st generation american because her mom is from puerto rico is the fun part of it all.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, ZRod said:

Who would you rather vote for? The fear mongering, they're not like is, love it or leave it party, don't take ma guns party. Or the hopeful, let's get this fixed, we can do it together, we deserve to invest in ourselves and be our best party.

It shouldn't be this difficult people...

This country is going to be an absolute s#!thole if conservatives can't regain or form their own party. Until that happens we have a spineless "left" trying to compromise with an alt-right white nationalist party that would never give an inch the other way. Imagine if someone competent were heading up that group.

We truly have the foundation in place for a dictator to seize power. That should scare the hell out of everyone.

• Plus1 2
34 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

This country is going to be an absolute s#!thole if conservatives can't regain or form their own party. Until that happens we have a spineless "left" trying to compromise with an alt-right white nationalist party that would never give an inch the other way. Imagine if someone competent were heading up that group.

We truly have the foundation in place for a dictator to seize power. That should scare the hell out of everyone.

Just a question. How exactly is the left spinless these days? In years past I would have agreed, but so far they've challenged this administration at every turn. They've challeneged his Supreme Court nomonations and allowed an accuser to testify, they've investigated Team Trump links to Russia, played hardball on economic relief to try to do the right thing, AOC basically laid out the plan to investigate the Trump Organization when they deposed Cohen, and not least of all they impeached the president himself. Their biggest problem is they don't hold the Senate and the House.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Just a question. How exactly is the left spinless these days? In years past I would have agreed, but so far they've challenged this administration at every turn. They've challeneged his Supreme Court nomonations and allowed an accuser to testify, they've investigated Team Trump links to Russia, played hardball on economic relief to try to do the right thing, AOC basically laid out the plan to investigate the Trump Organization when they deposed Cohen, and not least of all they impeached the president himself. Their biggest problem is they don't hold the Senate and the House.

Pelosi isn't even the toughest leftie out there and she freaking impeached Trump.

Spineless? No.

Need to do more? Sure.