The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

25 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I want to meet this voter who, after not voting for Trump in 2016 and experiencing four years of Trump, is now going to vote for Trump because Hillary said don't concede. 

They would come from the massive block of non-voters or disgruntled Republican who have grown increasingly worried about the Democrats' radical leftist agenda. For some reason you omitted the voter who voted for Trump in 2016, who is thinking about not voting at all, but might similarly be swayed by the fear-mongering around a leftwing putsch. So far the lawless Democrat playbook has been working, and Hillary Clinton declaring the Democrats shouldn't concede (correct as it may be) is free candy.

Your premise is also a tad janky:  it's like saying one fumble isn't the reason Nebraska lost to Purdue. But it's still a bad play. 

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yes, it would be equally dumb for Bernie or AOC to wildly speculate about events and then say that "Biden should not concede under any circumstances".

How is Hillary right? Do Dems now believe there are no circumstances under which Biden should concede? Ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous. You just won't take your outrage hat off and interpret it correctly because it's Hillary Clinton.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

It's not ridiculous. You just won't take your outrage hat off and interpret it correctly because it's Hillary Clinton.

If you want to say that Hillary misspoke, then fine, but you can't also say she was correct. There's no outrage or hat necessary to think she's wrong based on the words she said. But, as I said in an earlier post, if there's additional context in that interview, then by all means post it.

Either way, she's still wildly speculating, which definitely doesn't help Biden. And she's widely unpopular, which hurts Biden. 

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

They would come from the massive block of non-voters or disgruntled Republican who have grown increasingly worried about the Democrats' radical leftist agenda. For some reason you omitted the voter who voted for Trump in 2016, who is thinking about not voting at all, but might similarly be swayed by the fear-mongering around a leftwing putsch. So far the lawless Democrat playbook has been working, and Hillary Clinton declaring the Democrats shouldn't concede (correct as it may be) is free candy.

Your premise is also a tad janky:  it's like saying one fumble isn't the reason Nebraska lost to Purdue. But it's still a bad play. 

I don't share this view. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You know what, if America is so screwed up that a throwaway Hillary Clinton interview in August gets laundered by the typical outrage merchants and swings the election to Trump, we're way more screwed up than I thought and we deserve whatever we get the next 4 years.

In this universe I'm not even sure it matters what Biden does because there's a giant chunk of the electorate looking for any reason to re-elect Trump. Which is exactly the message I heard last night from a handful of focus-groupers and interviewers who describe broad swaths of the mythical suburban housewife demographic who are basically just waiting for any excuse to give him a second term.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

If you want to say that Hillary misspoke, then fine, but you can't also say she was correct. There's no outrage or hat necessary to think she's wrong based on the words she said. But, as I said in an earlier post, if there's additional context in that interview, then by all means post it.

Either way, she's still wildly speculating, which definitely doesn't help Biden. And she's widely unpopular, which hurts Biden. 

I can't post context in this instance, because the necessary context is simply critical thinking.

• Plus1 2

Beat me to posting that, Knapp. It's a good response and a needed bit of good news today.

Sorry if I stepped on any toes. The situation in Kenosha has me angry and frustrated and a bit despondent today. The more updates I see on it the more it boils my blood.

And then you guys made me come out and defend Hillary Clinton and I hate doing that! :lol:

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Sorry BRB I'm not backing down on this one. A lot of the reason the attacks on Clinton were so successful was because she was a powerful woman for several decades. There was a powerful element of sexism powering a chunk of the coalition that pushed Trump to victory.

But as far as election 2020 goes it doesn't matter that much because Knapp is correct. This isn't going to sway any significant number of votes.

doubt it

2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

You know what, if America is so screwed up that a throwaway Hillary Clinton interview in August gets laundered by the typical outrage merchants and swings the election to Trump, we're way more screwed up than I thought and we deserve whatever we get the next 4 years.

In this universe I'm not even sure it matters what Biden does because there's a giant chunk of the electorate looking for any reason to re-elect Trump. Which is exactly the message I heard last night from a handful of focus-groupers and interviewers who describe broad swaths of the mythical suburban housewife demographic who are basically just waiting for any excuse to give him a second term.

It's obv not a major turning point like one rogue cop in Minnesota, but otoh you cannot just disregard all the day to day news bits because each one is individually minor.  The drip-drip-drip of Hilary's emails, the Bernie Bros walkout at the Convention, basket of deplorables, paying male staffers much more than females, her basically fainting at a rare speech: and probably 200 other forgotten moments: all wood-peckered away at her image.  Until by election day she people felt she was just another politician.

• Plus1 1